Roadside Romeo

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Roadside Romeo

Post by CharlieBarkin » October 15th, 2007, 11:09 am

I figured we might as well have a topic on this, seeing as how the official website has just been set up with a nice looking teaser trailer-

http://yashrajfilms.com/Movies/MovieInd ... 76ec4f50ed

I'm quite looking forward to seeing this flick, if it ever gets shown in the UK that is. Though seeing as how Disney is distributing it, I'm sure I'll be able to get it on DVD at some point.
"The difference between insanity and genius, is measured only by success"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 15th, 2007, 11:16 am

I thought you were from the UK Charlie. Hello to a fellow Brit! ;)

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come out in English language territories if it does well enough there. I feel certain if it can be sold as a "blockbuster" Indian movie, they'll have the elements they need to push it worldwide, perhaps in theaters but undoubtedly on home video (probably <I>after</I> Bolt).

I quite like that logo! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 15th, 2007, 3:59 pm

So...What's it about?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CharlieBarkin » October 15th, 2007, 4:20 pm

Here's the blurb-

A rich, cool, spoilt brat of a dog is abandoned on the wicked streets of Mumbai. He faces situations he has never faced before. He is confronted by dangerous, loony characters, the likes of which he has never met before. From mansions to streets… From five course meals to five courses of scraps…From soft beds to piles of garbage…From champagne to tap water… Hop on to the adventure as Romeo turns into "Roadside Romeo."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 15th, 2007, 4:54 pm

Isn't that American Dog?...

Eh, I dunno. Sounds like somethin we've already seen a million times.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CharlieBarkin » October 15th, 2007, 5:02 pm

The difference between 'Bolt' and 'Romeo' is that Romeo knows he's an actor, and takes advantage of it for all its worth. Bolt on the other hand doesn't know he's an actor, he actually thinks everything is real including his super-powers. It therefore changes the plot somewhat from someone who knows they're an actor, compared to someone who has lived their life believing a lie.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 15th, 2007, 8:42 pm

Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble viewing the trailer on the official Roadside Romeo website. In case anyone else is having the same trouble, here is the trailer, as posted at YouTube:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 15th, 2007, 8:47 pm

Meg wrote:Isn't that American Dog?....
(looks at YouTube)
No, it's a mo-capped Timon! :P

(Seriously, wouldn't take the Disney label too seriously--
They've been trying to invest in overseas animation companies for the "charitable" purpose of getting international industries started, but that doesn't mean they'll produce Disney...
The fact that Disney gets the US rights, Ghibli-style, if it does become a hit isn't bad for them either, but with Bollywood studios, that's one big-@$$ ol' "If". )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 15th, 2007, 11:37 pm

I don't think the actual look is as bad as the tired idea/premise. "Cool hip funny talking dog!!" (ESPECIALLY since Bolt is so similar. :roll:)

Anyone remember this? :wink: :P

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 16th, 2007, 7:03 am

I think this is going to be a BIG Bollywood hit, simply because it has never been done before.

Also, for a start-up industry, this isn't half bad - TONS better than the many rip-offs/wannabes that we see even from supposedly more experienced American people.

While I don't think the film would stand much of a chance overseas (ex: American. Britain, etc) in theaters, I do think it would work as a direct-to-video premiere.

I await to see more of the actual animation though since we've only seen the lead character in a sparse set so far.

Very interesting though, and I certainly wouldn't count them out of the game by a long shot. This is the opening the doors to something very, very big.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CharlieBarkin » March 20th, 2008, 4:40 pm

And it appears we now have our first look at what we can expect from "Roadside Romeo" courtesy of Wikipedia-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Romeocl0.jpg

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 21st, 2008, 10:29 am

I think this could be fairly stiff animation, but locally, I still believe this is going to be a very sizable release.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jafar » October 12th, 2008, 7:19 am

Well, Roadside Romeo will be out in theatres in India soon but personally, I'm looking forward to Arjun, which looks more promising:
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=RRMxhwW-Umo

Anyway, theatrical trailer for Roadside Romeo is now up at:
http://www.yashrajfilms.com/movies/Movi ... 76ec4f50ed

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 12th, 2008, 9:17 am

I hate everything about this movie

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 12th, 2008, 12:08 pm

Say it straight, Mac. ;)