One Hundred and One Dalmatians: Platinum Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » October 20th, 2007, 3:57 pm

I suppose I'm among the few who hasn't been disappointed by the Platinums (with the exception of Cinderella and Peter Pan, neither of which I bothered to get), so I have high hopes for this one. As long as we get a decent commentary and a halfway decent Making-Of, I'm happy (though I do agree that the more vintage material is included, the better, "Snow White" being the best example).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 21st, 2007, 8:29 am

Welcome to our boards walt1928! :)

They should have more going on in the Dalmatian grouping - maybe Jasper and Horace trying to catch a couple?

There are also two Patches in that crowd and I can't work out who is supposed to be along the top...Lucky, Roly and ...?

Cruella actually looks quite foxy there...maybe I need to go lie down... ;)

O'Malley on that AristoCats cover just looks <I>ill</I>!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » October 21st, 2007, 11:55 am

I counted three Patches.

Eh, I hope they fix Cruella. She really does look as if she's "pasted" in there. Pongo is also a bit goofy-looking in my opinion :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 21st, 2007, 6:35 pm

Sorry, yeah, I meant on the right. There's the other one on the left. And there are many more copy and paste jobs in there too. Maybe it's a concept design that they needed to get out there.

They have a few months to get feedback like this and fix things! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 22nd, 2007, 4:47 am

It looks a lot better, aside from what's already been mentioned. I'm sure it'll have a couple of cover 'touch ups' like The Jungle Book had.

I really like the red, though! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 29th, 2007, 1:37 am

DVD details!

And here's the list of the bonus features:
*Disney's Virtual Dalmatians. Adopt, name, train and care for your very own virtual puppy where there are over 101 possibilities.
*Puppy Profiler. Find out which dog you're most like!
*101 Pop-Up Trivia Facts For The Family & Collector. Discover 202 amazing things You Never Knew about the movie as you watch it - with 101 pop up facts for the family and 101 for the collector
*All-New "Cruella De Vil" Music Video
The classic song "Cruella De Vil" gets a contemporary twist when multitalented teen Disney Channel star Selena Gomez performs the song in a brand new video!
*Redefining The Line: The Making Of 101 Dalmatians. 101 Dalmatians is considered by critics to be one of the best and most innovative Disney animated films. Go behind the scenes with its creators to find out about everything - including the technological innovation of the Xerox process in animation.
*Cruella De Vil: Drawn To Be Bad.
Inspired by flamboyant actress Tallulah Bankhead, Cruella De Vil has become a villain that movie fans love to hate. Marc Davis, an animation legend and one of Disney's immortal "Nine Old Men" reveals how this iconic character came to be.
*Sincerely Yours, Walt Disney. Experience Walt Disney and Dodie Smith's (author of the book The Hundred and One Dalmatians) actual correspondence during the movie's production.
*Deleted Songs. Songs written for the film - finally come to life!
*And Much More!
"Drawn to be bad" sounds promising, and so do the deleted songs. Kind of bummed there's no audio commentary, but at least we get pop up trivia.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2007, 8:07 am

Could be more TBA! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 29th, 2007, 3:32 pm

That's what I'm hoping for. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 29th, 2007, 7:38 pm

New cover art from Amazon:

Looks to be the final cover, since it has the 'Disney Movie Rewards' logo. Gotta say, I love it! :) Much better then the earlier version. We see more of Pongo and Perdi, there's no dalmatians on the top part and the red is just beautiful!

Btw, notice how Patch is the closest to the front. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 29th, 2007, 9:04 pm

That... looks really good. No complaints here!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » November 29th, 2007, 10:18 pm

*sigh*

Much, MUCH better... :D

Pongo looks a bit off model, but at least he isn't as goofy-looking as before!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 1st, 2007, 7:24 pm

My only complaint would be that the title should now be changed, by my rough count, to...

"31 DALMATIANS" ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Official Site

Post by JustinWilliams » December 24th, 2007, 5:03 pm

The official site is now up HERE

Merry Christmas!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » December 26th, 2007, 12:32 pm

Have the extras been announced yet? One I'd like to see is a discussion (even a short one) on how the xerox process changed the animation process starting with this film. Too much to hope for?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » December 27th, 2007, 11:10 am

# Disney's Virtual Dalmatians: Adopt, name, train and care for your very own virtual puppy where there are over 101 possibilities.
# Puppy Profiler: Find out which dog you're most like!
# 101 Pop-Up Trivia Facts For The Family & Collector: Discover 202 amazing things You Never Knew about the movie as you watch it - with 101 pop up facts for the family and 101 for the collector
# All-New 'Cruella De Vil' Music Video: The classic song 'Cruella De Vil' gets a contemporary twist when multitalented teen Disney Channel star Selena Gomez performs the song in a brand new video!
# Redefining The Line: The Making Of 101 Dalmatians: 101 Dalmatians is considered by critics to be one of the best and most innovative Disney animated films. Go behind the scenes with its creators to find out about everything - including the technological innovation of the Xerox process in animation.
# Cruella De Vil: Drawn To Be Bad: Inspired by flamboyant actress Tallulah Bankhead, Cruella De Vil has become a villain that movie fans love to hate. Marc Davis, an animation legend and one of Disney's immortal 'Nine Old Men' reveals how this iconic character came to be.
# Sincerely Yours, Walt Disney: Experience Walt Disney and Dodie Smith's (author of the book The Hundred and One Dalmatians) actual correspondence during the movie's production.
# Deleted Songs
# Songs written for the film - finally come to life!
# And Much More