The Incredibles - merged theatrical thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MusicFan » November 7th, 2004, 11:28 am

Macaluso wrote:Did anyone else think that Boundin' was a little... innapropriate a short film to lead into the incredibles?

What I mean is... Boundin' seemed a little too childish compared to the Incredibles.
Keep in mind, Disney's target demographic for The Incredibles.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 7th, 2004, 1:53 pm

MusicFan wrote:
Macaluso wrote:Did anyone else think that Boundin' was a little... innapropriate a short film to lead into the incredibles?

What I mean is... Boundin' seemed a little too childish compared to the Incredibles.
Keep in mind, Disney's target demographic for The Incredibles.
Yeah, but that obviously wasn't Pixar's, from the way this movie was.
And Pixar made the short film. I would have just assumed they'd save Boundin' for like... Cars, and have some sort of different more mature short, like the snowglobeman short or the old man placying chess short... AND that bird short. This short just seemed overly childish compared to all the others.

However, I quite enjoyed the way it was animated =D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by macontosh2000 » November 7th, 2004, 5:47 pm

Mamela wrote:Say..did anything happen after the credits rolled? I know Pixar and Disney usually throw in something extra in the end after the credits go by..sometimes. Our theatre here was krusty. They turned off the film during the credits. We were like..you people suck! It just made me grr..:(
There were no bloopers or anything like that all that happened was that they showed some drawing of The Incredibles.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Lindsay » November 7th, 2004, 8:00 pm

Yeah, and talk about that short that showed with FN! I mean, wtf? Pixar didn't even bother to make a new short?! st00pit Pixar! ;)

I think you're being a bit too picky, Mac. The Pixar guys were busy enough as is, producing the film and all - so I don't think they'd exactly have time to produce a more "fitting" short to accompany it. :? It would have been great if Bird himself had directed (or at least written/overseen) a short to go with TI, but alas. *le sigh*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 7th, 2004, 8:28 pm

Oh don't get me wrong, I thought the short was still really good.

I just didn't think it really fit the following movie.

*Shrugs* Either way, it didn't ruin the movie =D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » November 9th, 2004, 3:05 pm

Conflicting informations here in Poland. Depending of what source we will draw from running time is varying from 105, through 115 up to 122 (!!!) minutes. I hope that the last number is correct :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by macontosh2000 » November 9th, 2004, 4:10 pm

I didnt have a problem with the length of the movie, but my 6 year old brother (who has AD/HD) got a little antsy during the scenes where it was just the family talking but once the action scenes started he was didnt move.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Sequel?

Post by SPACEHERO55 » November 10th, 2004, 3:47 am

Ok now that most of us has seen it what do you guys think of a sequel? The only way I would want a sequel is if it were directed by Brad Bird and had all the original cast and crew returning. That includes the musical score composer.

I know that neither Pixar or Brad Bird have any plans for a sequel, but I would not rule out the posibbility.

I dont want Disney to turn this into a 2D animated cheapquel or TV series. I would want a worthy sequel, Like Toy Story 2.

As for the plot well. I would like a story involving an Alien Invasion. Some of you might say that it's been done to death, but hey it's classic. Superheroes and Alien Invasions go together like PB and J. You cant deny the fact that an Alien Invasion would be a great backdrop for awsome action and compelling drama and also good comedy opprotunities. Can you imagine just how cool it could be. You cant get any more epic than an Alien Invasion.

Ronald C :mrgreen:
Im a Superhero, what could happen?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Sequel?

Post by Ben » November 10th, 2004, 8:17 am

SPACEHERO55 wrote:You cant get any more epic than an Alien Invasion.
Especially when you mention it with Capital Letters! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by SPACEHERO55 » November 10th, 2004, 12:01 pm

LOL Sorry about that Ben. BTW cool avatar. Im guessing it's from the rare and hard to come by Mickey Mouse short "Runaway Brain" Man I wish they would release that on DVD. Is "Prince and the Pauper" on DVD yet?

Anyway back to The Incredibles sequel, yea I do think that an alien invasion story would be the best way to go, but I would love to hear what some of your ideas for a sequel would be. What would you like to see in the sequel?

Ronald C :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 10th, 2004, 1:02 pm

Hey, no problem SpaceHero - just pulling your leg ;)

By the way - where HAVE you been, man?

Runaway Brain and The Prince And The Pauper all came out this past April in the new wave of Disney Treasures on DVD.

Pick up Mickey Mouse In Living Color Volume 2 for those two brilliant featuress, in full 5.1 Dolby Digital surround and anamorphic widescreen to boot!

Here's my DVD Toons review of this terrific set:
http://www.dvdtoons.com/reviews/297

The Incredibles isn't out here in the UK until next weekend, but the idea for the aliens sounds cool and would work in the confines of their world. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by BlueHat » November 11th, 2004, 10:58 pm

i, personally, loved the Incredibles! Very good flick :) And I especially enjoyed "Boundin'," the short little teaser before the film!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by SPACEHERO55 » November 12th, 2004, 2:33 am

Yea It was an Amazing film and a sequel would be great, but if in fact it's true that Disney is gonna own the rights to make sequels of The Incredibles after their deal with Disney is over, well then Im not so sure. Without Pixar the sequel is gonna be a very different animal.

The only way a sequel without Pixar will work is if they bring back Brad Bird as Director and even then im not so sure it will work. I have this deep fear that Disney will try to change things. They will want a shorter running time and they will want him to tone down the action and violence for a freindlier borderline G raiting. It will still be PG but a very different PG. Their gonna put preasure on Bird to make changes and I dont think that Brad Bird would stand for that so he will most likely say no.

If he says no that means Disney will get another director and thats when The Incredibles runs the danger of being made into a bad, cheap 2D sequel or Animated series and that is the worst of the worst.

At that point you could kiss your expectations of a good sequel good bye.This upsets me a great deal. The only way that we will get a good sequel is if it's done by Pixar and Directed by Brad Bird and the only way thats gonna happen is if Pixar renews it's contract with Disney.

I cringe at the thought of the dissaster that is gonna be Toy Story 3 without Pixar. That is gonna be terrible without John Lassater involved. It's just not gonna be a decent Toy Story sequel and with Tom Hanks being ify to wether he he wants to return as Woody that makes it worse although I cant say I blame him, he sees what I see, that Toy Story just isn't gonna be right without Pixar. If he says no you can be sure that Tim Allen is gonna say no and then they will have to get that guy who did his voice for that Buzz Lightyear Animated series. In a nutshell Toy Story 3 is gonna suck big time.

Ronald C :cry: :x

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » November 13th, 2004, 12:46 am

Not necessarily. If Eisner and Stainton would just let the director do his job, then I think Mark Dindal or the team of Dean DeBlois and Chris Sanders would do a good job with the sequel. As far as Hanks and Allen returning goes, we don't know for sure that they won't be back.

I may be wrong, but I think Disney is going to try hard to show the world that Disney can make a decent Toy Story sequel, without Pixar.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » November 13th, 2004, 5:18 pm

You'd think by now that the movie companies would learn that the last thing many of us want to see is another sequel or a film that's a rehash of yet ANOTHER earlier movie.

I really don't like the trend of sequels and remakes in most cases.

I have no desire to see another Star Wars movie after the next one in May... I gave up on Star Trek after First Contact.

There's no reason to do another version of Willy Wonka (Charlie) and the Chocolate Factory or remake Animal House.

As much as I liked The Incredibles, it had the feeling of "been there, done that" as far as the story is concerned. (Maybe it's just 20 years of reading comic books and seeing every cliche played out on screen that's talking?)

The characters were great, but it's really not a new story.

That said, I felt it was a tighter film and more crisply crafted than Finding Nemo which is probably my least favorite Pixar movie.

I don't think that The Incredibles will ultimately be as successful as Nemo was, though. I could be wrong, but I think this film will ultimately have shorter legs.

Can't say that I cared for the short that preceded the movie, though. Didn't like the music and it just didn't have the comic touch for me that the earlier Pixar shorts had.