Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain

Post by Ben » March 29th, 2006, 8:30 am

Well, it's official!
http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00004798.html

TV Shows On DVD have episode listings, and while there don't seem to be any overlaps, I'm concerned that we won't get ORIGINAL Animaniacs episodes.

The way I always thought it worked was that Pinky & The Brain started as one of the "series" within Animaniacs (like Goodfeathers, Slappy, Mindy, etc). When they became the breakout stars and "graduated" to their own show, the ones I saw merely took the stories from Animaniacs and framed them with new opening titles.

As the run progressed, I guess they could have included new stories, but my worry is that the Animaniacs disc will have their P&TB sequences removed, thus not really presenting the original shows.

Then again, these aren't season sets, so maybe I am over reacting?? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 29th, 2006, 1:09 pm

"Pavlov's Mice" is listed as being in the Animaniacs set. Isn't that a P&B episode? Maybe they just decided not to have any P&B shorts in this volume, but will in a future set.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 29th, 2006, 3:17 pm

Yep, I believe that it is. It's not on the P&TB set, so no overlaps and possibly looks like there may be some P&TB on the Animaniacs after all.

But I don't think we're getting "original"-as-aired shows.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 30th, 2006, 12:38 pm

I'm just slightly disappointed that the Animaniacs set doesn't have my favorite episode ("The Three Muskewarners"). Oh well. That's what volumes 2 and up are for (assuming it sells well enough for there to even be a volume 2).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 17th, 2006, 11:47 am

These are now available on Amazon for pre-order!

Animaniacs: <STRIKE>$44.98</STRIKE> $30.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FA57H6

Pinky and the Brain: <STRIKE>$44.98</STRIKE> $31.49
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FA57HG

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 6th, 2007, 12:08 am

TV Shows on DVD wrote:This past Thursday (Nov. 1st) he posted this info: There currently are no plans for the final, volume 4 DVD release of Animaniacs. <snip> (although not-so-good for Animaniacs fans...looks like the studio will need some motivation in that quarter, so ask for the existing volumes you don't already own as holiday gifts, okay?).
Darn it. Hopefully with word out, sales will increase and Warner can make plans for the final volume. I wish I could support this during the holidays, but I just got Volume 3 of both Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain.

Please don't let this turn out like Huckle! :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 6th, 2007, 9:48 am

Gosh darn it!

Still, at least we have lots of Animaniacs and Pinky And The Brain on DVD. It's down to the fans that they don't sell enough to put out the final volume. Hopefully we'll see it sometime. I'd take a bog standard no frills release just to get the missing eps out there, not that the releases were packed anyway.

A shame though... :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 6th, 2007, 3:48 pm

Yup, we do have lots, that's what makes this more disheartening since it would've only needed one more boxset. But I have my fingers crossed!

Do you have all of them, Ben?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 7th, 2007, 1:24 pm

Yah. All the Animaniacs and all the Pinkys.

Actually, the last pair were review copies but I still haven't gotten around to covering them...someday!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 8th, 2007, 1:53 am

Where have I heard that before? ;)

Here's a way we/anyone can help out, actually. :idea: -- I expressed my dismay in hearing they have no plans for a final volume, and told WB how much I would love to see it finished. Also gave a hint to included Wakko's Wish; the swan song, if you will.

Its not much, but every little thing helps! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 8th, 2007, 3:42 pm

Forgot about Wakko's Wish...wasn't there another one too?

If they made a plus of that being on there, like the only extra perhaps, that would generate interest and sales based on that title alone.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 9th, 2007, 1:52 am

Nope, unless your thinking of A!'s debute short "I'm Mad", that was attached with Thumbelina?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 9th, 2007, 2:47 am

Wakko's Wish was the DTV 'swan song' .. but there was also the Animaniacs Super Special, a one-hour 'finale' for the TV series, which was mostly a parody of the Star Wars films.

Tiny Toon Adventures likewise had the It's A Wonderful Tiny Toon Christmas Special, in addition to the DTV How I Spent My Vacation.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » November 9th, 2007, 11:07 am

I have that Super Special taped somewhere (and I gotta say, it's a much better Star Wars parody than the one Family Guy came up with). I really like the "Animaniacs Symphony" (or whatever it's called) and I always imagined parts of it being used as trailer music for a big screen Animaniacs movie (wishful thinking before the DTV came out).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 9th, 2007, 7:24 pm

"It's A Wonderful Tiny Toon Christmas Special" was so great at the time. I'd love to see that again.

Merry Christmas moooovie houuuwse! ;)