The Simpsons Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 30th, 2007, 5:23 pm

I'd love a Harry Plopper Plushie!! :) :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 31st, 2007, 1:59 pm

As hot as Plopper is, I'm shocked there isn't any merchandise out for him. Shame, I'de love a plushie too, and keychain, pillow, action figure, bobble head... The list is endless! :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 31st, 2007, 4:56 pm

The pig's name is Plopper?

I just call him Spider-Pig. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 31st, 2007, 6:44 pm

Yeah, but Spider-Pig is not wrong, its just one of the names Homer called him by.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » November 27th, 2007, 1:28 am

i loved it. great and worth the wait.

best. movie. ever. :).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 27th, 2007, 1:48 am

No, it wasn't! Gosh! :P

I don't know, when I first saw The Simpsons Movie I thought it was great, but when I watched it again recently... not as much. The plot, the jokes, Plopper, etc.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, though! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by K3vin » November 27th, 2007, 11:40 am

Here's the french cover :

This is our french poster but different and I don't like this cover.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 27th, 2007, 4:39 pm

Agh, Homer's gonna knock Lisa right over! :( :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 1st, 2007, 7:33 pm

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 1st, 2007, 9:19 pm

I don't know, when I first saw The Simpsons Movie I thought it was great, but when I watched it again recently... not as much. The plot, the jokes, Plopper, etc.
I still love it, but I do see some of the flaws. For one thing, much as I loved the "whacked-out-Armegeddon" type plot, there was a bit too much of it and not enough intimate, emotional scenes WITHIN THE SIMPSONS family. They tried SO hard to include every character in the town (Even Cletus got a pretty major role! :P) that it kinda felt like the family came second.

Bart also forgave Homer WAY too easily. Homer: "I'll let you hold the bomb"---Uh, WHAT??? And be the first to get killed if it goes off? :shock: It just didn't feel real to me. :?

Also, as "big" as the crisis Springfield faced was (and I loved the whole HUGE nature of it) it just wasn't big enough.) It should have been leaning torwards the "Weirdness" of a Halloween type episode--where REALLY big things happen, time travel, earth in danger, etc....maybe not quite that off the wall, but more in that vein.

Also, (and I think Ben said this earlier), we could have used more references to the fact that it's "The Simpsons on the big screen" after 18 years, maybe some self-referential jokes like that.

(Ex: How about them accidentally meeting their Tracy Ullman selves somewhere? Like that shop where the "other" Simpsons family gets arrested? :P)

Or a Critic, or Matt Greoning cameo? Or some reference to the fact that it's an ANIMATED movie....like, oh, here's an animator drawing part of the scene, etc....There were a lot of those in the series, surprised there weren't any in the movie. (I really thought there might be, especially after that CGI/Bunny initial teaser. :) )

But I still love Spider-Pig!! :) And the "epipheny" scene was just AWESOME on so many levels....We REALLY needed more scenes like that. Just weird, whacked out stuff that challenges you. :)

And nothing in that movie was as emotional and touching as Marge's video farwell and when Homer runs out of the cabin..... :cry:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 3rd, 2007, 3:34 am

True, but I can't help but think 'gah, it was another marriage crises!' :P Yeah, it felt more real, but still, I wish the movie would've tried something new, instead of staying in a comfort zone. Again, in its defense, it was well excuted.
ShyViolet wrote:Bart also forgave Homer WAY too easily.
That was one of the problems I had. Not so much what I quoted, but that the jokes and plot were basically retreads of stuff done originally and better in the classic era. (And in smaller doses!) Ie, Bart and Ned's subplot reminded me a lot of the episode where Bart gets a big brother.

Anywho, I agree. Although, I don't really think Bart forgave Homer too easily. I mean, sure, he did pretty much forgive Homer when he said he could hold the bomb, but Bart is 10 years old and I thought it was pretty in-character for him; not to mention, he was only with Ned, because he was vulnerable after the whole 'skateboard' situation. Eh, I dunno. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 5th, 2007, 4:38 pm

Simpsons character takes to the London skies.

<B>BEN EDIT</B>: WARNING FOR STRONG LANGUAGE!

Aww, I wish I lived in London! :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 5th, 2007, 5:12 pm

No, no you don't. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 6th, 2007, 3:24 am

Ok, maybe for a visit. ;)

Sorry for not putting a warning, Ben. It won't happen again. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 11th, 2007, 9:04 pm

I <3 YouTube:

Bias I may be, but that was cool!