WALL-E

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 6th, 2007, 4:20 am

Okay, JV, I know you've been somewhat pushed into responding like you did, but there's no need to ask anyone here to "shut up".

So, we've confirmed this is JV's news. Now where's this "Photoshopped image"? Wanna see that for myself and see if we've been ripped off.

Play nice kids...JV is only sharing what he found. Whatever he might have cribbed in the past, this one seems to be legit.

But no need for that attitude JV...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » December 6th, 2007, 4:43 am

I assume any exclusive material a source has to offer displays "Disney·Pixar" above the film title. JV's doesn't. Neither Disney nor Pixar would distribute images disregarding their copyright.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » December 6th, 2007, 11:35 am

Ben - You have NOT been ripped off that WALL-E image is NOT photoshoped.

The reason I said that is because I'm just sick off people that think I lie all the time.

PV - Well that the image I was sent.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 6th, 2007, 2:00 pm

Never even thought about that, PixarVixen. AN's has the 'Disney*Pixar' on top of the logo, but JV's doesn't... like it was cut out.

Ben, here's Christians, and JV's.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 6th, 2007, 4:36 pm

Well, I don't get why Disney/Pixar wouldn't use their logos on the film title (they're always usually part of the actual logo design/package and usually non-removable), but as for any copying of the images from "us"...case closed...

For one thing I just did a two minute photo match up, overlaying the two images at the same sizes and the dimensions don't add up.

For another, for some reason Christian opted not to share this image with us here at Animated News & Views and posted it on his own Flickr account, so technically it's not even one of <I>our</I> images.

If Christian wants to chase anything up it's down to him, but this clearly isn't an exclusive on our site, much that I wish it were.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » December 6th, 2007, 10:49 pm

I don"t want to but in, but after JV IS TIZ!!! told PV to "s-u", i thought fore sure he was lying. To get that way when you know your right well that doesn't seem right. and don't be sad Daniel after I saw the other picture I also tought it was photoshoped.

Sorry :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 7th, 2007, 12:37 am

For saying what's on your mind?

I'm not sad, though. Did you mean worry? Nice to know I wasn't the only one who thought it was photoshopped, but I guess both of us were mistaken.

Anyhow, as Ben said 'case closed'. That's my last word on the subject...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 7th, 2007, 5:36 am

I'm not saying the images wasn't Photoshopped...but I <I>am</I> saying that it wasn't Photoshopped or ripped from Christian's pic.

And that, as Dan says, is <I>my</I> last word on this, too. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 7th, 2007, 3:39 pm

No, no, no, I know that, I meant I could've sworn it was photoshopped from Christian's pic. That I was mistaken for.

Now that's my last word, again. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » December 7th, 2007, 5:24 pm

I don't care about the debate but the pic is clearly photoshopped or paint-ed. The spaceship is so badly cut !!! So amateurish.
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by martini833 » December 7th, 2007, 7:25 pm

Portions taken back.
All deleted.
Last edited by martini833 on January 28th, 2008, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » December 8th, 2007, 4:12 am

For another, for some reason Christian opted not to share this image with us here at Animated News & Views and posted it on his own Flickr account, so technically it's not even one of <I>our</I> images.
I wasn't up enough on WALL-E to know I had something exclusive. The picture was taken during a random trip to Disneyland when I unexpectedly got off work early on the day before Thanksgiving. I took pictures of all sorts of things that day then later on Josh saw my flickr album and mentioned that the Bolt poster image would make a good story. So I posted about that then all sorts of sites linked to it. Later on I saw that somebody in this thread posted the WALL-E poster image and I remembered that I had something like that that might've been taken from a slightly better angle so I tried posting mine here.

A month or so before that I had taken a picture of the WALL-E model and posted an entry about it on the Animated News front page (seemed like people didn't make as big of a deal out of it as they did with the Bolt poster image). When I took the more recent picture of it I thought I was just duplicating the prior one until it dawned on me later that there was a new poster in the display case this time.

Just got back from another entirely unplanned trip to Disneyland and while I do not have photographic proof I kid you not that the key ring was missing from the dog's mouth in Pirates of the Caribbean. At the end of the ride I said to a cast member, "You know the keys are missing, right?" She was like, "Yeah, yeah, we know." She'd probably already heard it a million times.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 8th, 2007, 3:29 pm

Haha...somewhere some fan has an extra bunch of keys... ;)

Anton Ego...I didn't think his credibility took a knocking?

Seriously, folks, this thread is about to be locked. I'm simply not going to have members at each other's throats here, nor member bashing.

If anyone has issues with JV, please take them to his site.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by martini833 » December 8th, 2007, 5:48 pm

Who do you mean Ben, JV or Anton Ego.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 8th, 2007, 7:10 pm

Pretty sure he means Anton, martini.