Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 31st, 2007, 3:28 pm

Loving all the suggestions so far! I'm especially fond of the lenticular cover one, since I love those. But I also really like Dusterian's idea of Giselle being half animated and real.

So many possibilities! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 31st, 2007, 4:27 pm

The lenticular cover covers that Dan!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Enchanted

Post by Dusterian » January 1st, 2008, 2:36 pm

Thank you very much Dan!

Ben, I saw what you meant but there is a difference between switching from one picture to another (the lenticular) and being half one picture and half another (mine). But I admit, I would take your idea any day, it's one of the best ones, I just like mine, too, of course! I'd take either one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » January 1st, 2008, 6:34 pm

Thanks for the info Ben. ^.^

OH I hope they release it in March. Then I can bribe people to get it for me for my birthday ^.^ I feel like there will be two different covers for two different versions, or at least one for the blu ray one and one for the dvd one. (Is lenticular the cover that if you hold it one way it is one picture tilt it another it's a differnt image?)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 1st, 2008, 7:09 pm

Yep!

So your b-day is in March, Foxtale? Small world, mine is to. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by G1rl » January 2nd, 2008, 3:20 pm

Someone post the final song of Echanted in you tube (in Russian)

I don´t like the story :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » January 2nd, 2008, 6:02 pm

Daniel wrote:Yep!

So your b-day is in March, Foxtale? Small world, mine is to. :)
Yeah the Ides of march ^.~.

The poor quality of that video makes me more anxious for the dvd release. lol I really love the pop up book thing. I thought that worked so well. It's funny how at my school our museum just held an exhibit on the growing popularity of pop up books and the different kinds of books and the art and how the different kinds of pop up items are made. The point is that pop up books make it have more of a "modern" fairy tale feel to it.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » January 3rd, 2008, 8:51 pm

As interesting as it is to hear, I don't think we should support what appears to be a bootleg video of this Disney film - it's a discredit to the hard work and dedication of the artists. Let's take it down. YouTube shouldn't even have it up. But that's another discussion not for this forum.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 6th, 2008, 9:09 am

Agreed...no bootleg material here please.

And the pop-up book idea was neat, <I>just</I> the way I presented it to the studio ten years ago as part of another project!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by surfnspy » January 7th, 2008, 12:52 pm

OOH I like the cover idea!

Unfortunately, I have nothing to do with the video release. Furthermore, the DVD and packaging is already done. We finished the movie early relative to theatrical release, so they got a jump start this past summer. I have not seen anything yet, but I have a hunch they will not cut corners in packaging/marketing for the initial release of the dvd since the movie has turned out to be a big hit. We are at 258 million world wide and are keeping our fingers crossed that we hit 300.

We had a pretty successful holiday and managed to earn another 20 plus million thru the xmas/new year's holiday. Domastic take is now just under 120.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » January 7th, 2008, 8:48 pm

Those are impressive numbers. I know I will buy the dvd no matter what, I just hope it's not too expensive if you want to get extras.

.... So is it out yet? *laughs* :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by surfnspy » January 8th, 2008, 1:46 pm

Enchanted just won the Broadcast Film Critics Award for best Family Film of the year.

Competition in the category was:
Golden Compass
Harry Potter: Phoenix
August Rush
Hairspray

Hooray!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Enchanted

Post by Dusterian » January 8th, 2008, 2:14 pm

Good news! But then I have some less good news, depending on how you look at it. I guess it's good and bad. The good is I think we have a glimpse of the coverart. The bad news is it's the re-used poster and not too great. Someone said it was the cover on this site:

It attracts my eye and is more pleasing to it than many live-action covers I've seen, and it could have been worse. But I really don't like the bluebird being there. It's the only non-major character and it looks very out of place. Also, I've never liked that arrangement of Edward, Giselle, and Robert. They are looking in different driections, and don't look aware of a part of each other at all. It's obvious they took seperate shots of the actors and put them together for...I don't know what they were going for.

I'm pretty sure this is not the finished artwork. The blue-bird and Pip look slapped on, not to mention the title logo is too big.

QUESTION: How do I get rid of a draft I saved on here, I can't even find where my drafts are?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Enchanted

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 8th, 2008, 2:19 pm

Bah,the cover is just ugly,i was afraid that it will turn out to be this,it's annyoing to see this Giselle's picture over and over again,why whouldn't they make Giselle animated in pink dress? or both? and also Edward and Robert in those same poses again.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 8th, 2008, 2:54 pm

Thanks, Dusterian! Yeah, I'm not too fond of the cover art either. Looks to cliparty to me. And yes, take that blue bird off! He's adorable, but like you said, he's a non-major character.
Dusterian wrote:QUESTION: How do I get rid of a draft I saved on here, I can't even find where my drafts are?
On the top section of the main index page, you should see this:
View posts since last visit (0)
View your drafts and posts
View unaswered posts
Bolded the one you asked about. Hope that helps. :)