Your Favorite Disney Princess

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links

Your Favorite Disney Princess:

Snow White (Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs)
6%
Cinderella (Cinderella)
11%
Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
11%
Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
22%
Belle (Beauty And The Beast)
28%
Jasmine (Aladdin)
6%
Pocahontas (Pocahontas)
6%
Mulan (Mulan)
11%

Total votes: 18

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Fairest Disney Princess of All?

Post by Dusterian » January 22nd, 2008, 4:06 pm

I am sad to say, and to have voted accordingly, that I feel Aurora is prettier than my favorite princess, Cinderella. The thing is, I love Cinderella a lot for her looks, so it's like she has my favorite looks but they're not the prettiest looks.

Did you know that Aurora was designed to be the most beautiful Disney princess, even more beautiful than Cinderella, I read, because that was "all there was to her?" I guess with a movie called Sleeping Beauty, she really should be.
Meg wrote:Hm, these princess threads sure seem to be cropping up a lot latley, eh?

Anyway...The Disney princesses have never really overly impressed me as far as character design goes. They're kind of like the Barbies of the animation world.
Wah. I don't like your dislike of the princesses. Why not have a lot of Disney princess threads, perhaps it's about time? Disney's girls are big in the animation world. Anyway, now that me and Once Upon A Dream have entered, our princess fandom is being brought with us. We're infusing the system with our princess virus!

I was offended by your Barbie princess comment. I can see how Aurora is like Barbie in her looks and lack of personality or intelligence. I think she has personality, just not enough to seperate her enough from Barbie, I suppose. I did read in some article around the release of the film that Aurora and Phillip were too much like Barbie and Ken. I disagree, but I don't think it's totally off the mark, is the gist of what I'm saying.

But the other princesses far exceed Barbie. Are you looking at their films or their merchandise? And you can't fairly compare Barbie's recent films to Disney's classics, because Barbie's films came after them and could take quite a lot from them when trying to form Barbie's movie personas.

As for their designs, I don't see Disney's beautiful girls looking too different from the majority of any well-known animated beautiful girls, and since Disney was among the very first in animating realistically, it's unfair to say the later designs are better since they were able to deliberately be different from predecessors. And I think you need to realize different doesn't equal better.

It's known to me you have something against princesses in general, so for you to say you don't like any princess designs is a real DUH! moment because anything that looks like a princess you won't like. If I don't like apples, I won't like anything that looks like an apple.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 22nd, 2008, 4:10 pm

I voted for Aurora. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » January 22nd, 2008, 4:50 pm

Princesses vs. Barbie

The princesses as portrayed in their various movies are definitely better characters than Barbie.

The problem I see is that Disney's marketing department doesn't recognize that. Very little of the princess merchandise out there has anything to do with the princesses themselves. They just find some product that girls will like, paste the princesses faces on it, and you've got a product. There's no differentiation between them.

I have three daughters, and walking through the Disney Princess aisle just annoys the heck out of me. :x

As a demonstration, google the "Disney Princess Magical Talking Kitchen Playset". :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by SleepingBeautyAurora » January 22nd, 2008, 5:37 pm

I think that all the princesses are beautifully drawn and designed. The only one that I'm not to fond of is Mulan.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by SleepingBeautyAurora » January 22nd, 2008, 6:28 pm

I voted for Aurora! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Fairest Disney Princess of All?

Post by Daniel » January 22nd, 2008, 7:24 pm

Hey Phil, I don't if it's intentional on your part, but with your smilies - on your 'Post Reply' page, make sure "Disable Smilies in this post" is NOT checked so they show up. :)
Dusterian wrote:Anyway, now that me and Once Upon A Dream have entered, our princess fandom is being brought with us. We're infusing the system with our princess virus!
Hmm, always thought I was the first. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 22nd, 2008, 7:34 pm

Shocking. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 23rd, 2008, 8:22 am

I"m glad you agree with me Dusterian,Phil and SleepingBeautyAurora :D.
I guess we did,Dusterian :D.
I don't think that Aurora is less smart (not at all),we just don't know a lot about her,but she might look like Barbie (long blonde hair,pink dress and etc.) and Philip like Ken.
I heard that Aurora was meant to be the prettiest Disney Princess (or at least prettier then Cinderella,it's kinda werid of them saying that but they're right) but i think that they should gave her attention in the film since we don't know much a lot about her (in Enchanted Tales she got more attention and i"m happy with that).
I agree about Mulan,SleepingBeautyAurora,i also think she's not really pretty (or at least the prettiest Princess).
And i agree Phil,they just put a princess face on a products and that's it,and some people who don't know anything about animation (let's just say that for exmaple they think that Madagascar is a Disney movie) think it's like Barbie,and i also noticed that in the marchandise and clipart they're all looks similar (for exmaple Cinderella and Aurora).
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Your Favorite Disney Hero

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 23rd, 2008, 10:47 am

After Disney Princess with the Disney girls Disney made a line of the Disney guys,Disney Heroes,how's your favorite?.
Mine whould be Philip :D altought i also like Aladdin,Hercules and Peter Pan.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 23rd, 2008, 11:35 am

There's no option for Taran (The Black Cauldron). I wonder why they wouldn't include him? Or Jim from Treasure Planet? Both are good, root-for-able heroes, so what's the deal?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 23rd, 2008, 12:27 pm

I"m not sure about Taran (there are so many spoffs and skits with the Disney Princesses asking Eilonewy who is she) thought they might add Jim but i heard rumers about Eric and Phoebus (he shouldn't be there at all) joining thought i think it's false,but anyway i don't think that this line will get any farther then this (or will be successful like the Disney Princess franchise).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » January 23rd, 2008, 1:08 pm

Ben, I always thought Cinders was just a great name because it does have to do with how he originally got it. It is a little bothersome that Disney skips over how she got it, and yet it's kind of cool it's her real name. Perhaps her parents gave it to her affectionately for going near the fire as a baby instead of as an insult. Or maybe Disney didn't think about it. Wah.

But um...yea, I never knew about the pantomime thing. If that's really how it got started, but I'm pretty sure other people might think of Cinders on their own.

Err...my comparison of all the princesses got ignored...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 23rd, 2008, 1:11 pm

Dusterian wrote:Ben, I always thought Cinders was just a great name because it does have to do with how he originally got it. It is a little bothersome that Disney skips over how she got it, and yet it's kind of cool it's her real name. Perhaps her parents gave it to her affectionately for going near the fire as a baby instead of as an insult. Or maybe Disney didn't think about it. Wah
Didn't she said in Cinderella III something like "Do you remember the girl who used to live in Cinders?.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Fairest Disney Princess of All?

Post by Dusterian » January 23rd, 2008, 1:12 pm

Oh, well Dan, I knew you liked the princesses but I thought it was out of love for Disney in general. Me, I'm obsessed with those royal girls, and their films are my favorites.

Once Upon A Dream, I don't think Aurora's stupi, she just doesn't know a lot because the fairies couldn't teach her and she didn't get out in the world to learn knew things. She just didn't have ways of getting to information.

I agree Disney tries to make all the princesses look alike and do things alike in Disney Princess, which is odd because people won't be able to tell them apart. But I think it's a way to group them all together.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 23rd, 2008, 1:19 pm

Oh,then you mean wisdom (since she didn't learnd a lot but maybe she did after she moved to the palace),it dosn't have anything to do with intelligence.
I think it is a way to group them.