Oscar Contest Archive

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 7th, 2008, 8:54 pm

Mine didn't show up either, so I went and submitted again.

(And besides, you always know who's going to win Best Picture when we see who wins Best Editing...It's practically become a bonus-figurehead category by now.) ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 7th, 2008, 10:44 pm

Entries received since 2/5 @ 9pm ET will be posted tonight. Remember I am posting these manually every other day. If you dont see your name after I list an update then you may need to re-submit.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » February 10th, 2008, 7:21 pm

I re-entered and i'm still not on the list?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 10th, 2008, 7:43 pm

<B>Notice to anyone not showing up yet: James will be posting an update Monday evening.</B>

If you're still not showing by Tuesday morning at the latest, please let us know here, but remember, James is posting these manually every other day. If you don't see your name after he lists an update then you may need to re-submit.

Be patient! We've two weeks to go before the big night! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by macontosh2000 » February 11th, 2008, 3:46 pm

I re-entered and my name still isnt up there?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: AN&V 2008 Academy Awards Contest

Post by EricJ » February 12th, 2008, 4:51 am

James wrote:EricJ* - email on ballot doesn't match forum email. please confirm you entered.
??? - Oh, no wonder--Changed it a few months ago, and forgot to update.

I've updated the Forum e-mail to what's on the ballot, do I need to submit one more time?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 12th, 2008, 4:51 pm

Nope - just wanted you to confirm it was really you that sent it!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by David White » February 13th, 2008, 10:43 pm

I submitted my predictions on Sunday morning, but I wasn't on the list after the update on Monday. I tried to submit one again later on Monday (with what I think are the same predictions), but I'm still not showing up. Any idea why I'm not on the list yet?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 18th, 2008, 4:06 pm

Hey all - there appears to be a big problem with the Oscar form. I've been working on it all weekend and HOPE to have it fixed VERY SOON! Sorry about the problems!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 19th, 2008, 12:05 am

I've spent the last three days and untold mental power trying to figure out why the form on the Oscar contest was not sending me the entries you guys were doing anymore. And after all that work I came back with nothing.

Then from the far recesses of my brain came the tiny voice of common sense telling me to do something I should have done at the very first - check my junk mail folder. And there were all the missing entries from the past week!

It is after midnight and I just discovered these entries 10 minutes ago. In the morning I will go through them all and post what I have in this thread!

Sorry about the mental lapse guys - and yes I feel preety stoopid!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 19th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Due to a lot of the entries going to my junk mail folder without my knowledge, I suggested that some of you might want to re-enter while I was investigating the problem. Now that I have found all the ballots I have multiples from some of you. Per the rules I am only going to count the first entry received. However, since this was my mistake I will let any of you who sent a duplicate entry email if you'd prefer I use your second entry. Please do so before the contest ends. Thanks!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 21st, 2008, 2:21 pm

Hey. Just wanted you all to know that I did enter. I must've typed the wrong address.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 21st, 2008, 4:08 pm

Thanks!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 24th, 2008, 1:50 am

I've got more entries to post than what are listed in the original post. Will get them all up tomorrow afternoon.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 24th, 2008, 2:14 pm

The final list of ballots submitted is now up. If you're listed as having an email address that doesn't match you are still entered in the contest. But if you win you'll need to confirm before getting any prize.