Movies of 2008

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 29th, 2008, 6:33 pm

What about "Gigli"? Can it be that bad?

I'm just curious. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » March 11th, 2008, 1:16 pm

This seems like it's going to be the best thing Jean-Claude Van Damme has done in more then a decade.
Looks quite interesting actually!!

http://www.joblo.com/video/arrow/player ... o=jcvdfull

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 11th, 2008, 2:34 pm

Er...the opening of that trailer made me sick.

I didn't even want to watch the rest afterwards, so I didn't.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 11th, 2008, 11:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_NOc6yH5JY

As if the first one weren't bad enough...

God help us all.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 12th, 2008, 9:29 am

I have to say I really found Harold & Kumar hysterical. Sure, it was a crass, dopey college type flick, but it was very funny. I smiled at this, so shoot me!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 13th, 2008, 11:16 am

I saw a clip from the original Harold and Kumar once, and it was more than enough for me.

Anyway, here are brand spankin' new trailers for "The Incredible Hulk" and "Speed Racer":

"The Incredible Hulk":
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1583143&vid=215625

"Speed Racer":
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808406004/video/6941080

:D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 13th, 2008, 12:25 pm

Dunno about that Hulk trailer...Nothing in it that really makes it stand out in my opinion. Maybe it's just me, but are all these superhero movies starting to look the same? I mean this and stuff like Iron Man look -

OMAGAWD is that Edward Norton?

I am sold.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 13th, 2008, 3:58 pm

I think this is how "Hulk" SHOULD'VE been done when Ang Lee did it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 14th, 2008, 7:47 am

That's the idea, I believe... :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 14th, 2008, 12:07 pm

I certainly hope so.

Ang Lee's "Hulk", while not as bad as others have claimed it is, was just wrong on so many levels...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 14th, 2008, 12:21 pm

I wouldn't say that it was wrong, just very different and not at all what anyone was expecting. I've been defending Ang Lee's "Hulk" for years but I'm starting to think I'm fighting a losing battle. I think it's a brilliant film, but I guess it's too "out there" for most people. Or it could be the fact that I tend to see treasure where others see trash (and vice versa). In any case, the new Hulk film looks good. It does look like the typical blockbusterish hero picture we've all seen before (many times), but I figure as long as it's well written, that's all that counts in my book. One thing though: the only thing that was really missing from Ang Lee's film was Hulk saying "HULK SMASH!" I waited the whole movie and he never said it, so I really really really hope they put it in here.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 14th, 2008, 1:33 pm

I'll jump to your side in defense of the first hour of Lee's film.

I <I>love</I> the comic book styling, truly the first time that's really worked in the movie medium. Things go wrong, though, in how they created the Hulk - a nice concept that doesn't work - and a second half that is dowsed in terrible FX sequences, darkness and a stupid father-son sub-plot that doesn't do anyone any favors.

It's still a film I'm on the fence on, though. I was about to say I can't see the new trailer - it won't play outside of North America - bah - but then thought about YouTube, where it's playing for everyone.

Um...I love what Norton's doing, but isn't the problem still going to be a cartoon Hulk?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 15th, 2008, 11:15 am

the only thing that was really missing from Ang Lee's film was Hulk saying "HULK SMASH!" I waited the whole movie and he never said it
I don't know HOW they didn't find room for that in the film. I was hoping that he'd say it to the Josh Lucas character, but he didn't. Then I wanted him to say it before smashing a military tank or something, and he didn't. Then I thought he might say it during the "So-dark-I-have-no-idea-what-the-heck-is-going-on" climax, and he still didn't. It was very frustrating.

But I actually think it's nice that you guys kinda liked/loved "Hulk". Even though I wasn't crazy about the film, it does get too much backlash from some people.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 15th, 2008, 2:20 pm

I"m surprised that only now there's a trailer for Incredible Hulk :? i"m mean-other movies who"ll be released in summer have a few trailers already :?.
I"ve seen the trailer,looks great :D i can't wait :D.
The original Hulk was allright but this will be much better :D.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 21st, 2008, 9:25 pm

Just to reiterate: "Superhero!" looks absoutely awful, but did anyone notice that that's Brent Spiner (the immortal Data from Next Gen) introducing the "seven genetically enhanced super-dragonflies"? :P :wink:
Poor Brent. :?

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!