WALL-E

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pixar's Wall-E

Post by Dusterian » March 17th, 2008, 3:12 pm

Vernadyn wrote:Personally, I think I'll wait and hear from the actual creators of the film regarding the characterization of Eve as a "female."
The fact this feminine robot's name is Eve just reinforces what I thought. It seems to me the romance is still second in the story, it's probably more about a robot (oh look, the male robot!) saving the Earth or something.

Meg, if she is indeed female, she's there for romance as the trailer shows, which is not what you wanted! She'll probably help solve the conflicts the story presents, but she's still a love interest.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 17th, 2008, 3:21 pm

Meg, if she is indeed female, she's there for romance as the trailer shows, which is not what you wanted!
Never said what I wanted out of here character in particular. I'm just speaking about animated films in general. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 19th, 2008, 3:58 pm

Out of all the CG films that have come out in the past few years, I've only seen one with a female lead!
Which one was it?

Sorry. I'm having a brain freeze right now. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 19th, 2008, 4:01 pm

Hoodwinked. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 19th, 2008, 4:02 pm

*smacks face* And I was just thinking about that film this morning! Seriously.

I have a bad memory. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pixar's Wall-E

Post by Dusterian » March 27th, 2008, 12:23 pm

See, this is why the trailer was so weird and underwhelming: Disney wanted to hide some plot points!

Jim Hill discusses actually believable information, that sounds just like the kind of things I found on Buy N' Large's web site, about the plot, so there are spoilers but only concerning what Pixar's picture of the future looks like, and why Disney wanted to show as little of it as possible:
http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... ailer.aspx

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CharlieBarkin » March 27th, 2008, 1:24 pm

The trailer isn't meant to give away the entire plot, thats what they are commonly put down for. The trailer should wet the appetite of the audience, not give away every single story detail. Otherwise whats the point of going to see the film?
"The difference between insanity and genius, is measured only by success"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 27th, 2008, 2:33 pm

My guess is that that aspect of the story will be played for laughs more than anything. I doubt that it's going to strike too many people as offensive.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 27th, 2008, 5:02 pm

I agree. It sounds pretty funny to me, especially because, sadly, it's probably a more accurate prediction than most folks would want to admit (I'm losing weight! Honest!). I obviously can't quote from it here, but on his most recent CD, George Carlin talks about this aspect of society in a brilliant, extremely funny (though typically vulgar) way that ultimately expresses the same point that Pixar is trying to make here, namely that humanity has got to start taking better care of itself, both our bodies and our environment. It's an important issue and as far as this film goes, I truly hope that a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Pixar's Wall-E

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 28th, 2008, 7:40 am

Good point,Dusterian,but maybe Wendy's Jane and eddievalient are right and it's just a joke,thought it looks offensive :?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pixar's Wall-E

Post by Dusterian » March 28th, 2008, 12:50 pm

CharlieBarkin wrote:The trailer isn't meant to give away the entire plot, thats what they are commonly put down for. The trailer should wet the appetite of the audience, not give away every single story detail. Otherwise whats the point of going to see the film?
Very true, but there's a difference between details on what happened and details on what will happen. For instance, a trailer could give away how Cinderella's dad died and she was forced to be a slave to her stepfamily, but not reveal how she fixes her life. This trailer could reveal what happened to the future, and just hint at how it will be fixed. Details of what has happened and details of the actual plot, how things change, are different.

But if you want the details of what has happened to be a surprise, you have a point there and hearing what has happened to the planet can be a dramatic and funny surprise.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by vveksuvarna » April 1st, 2008, 7:30 pm

hmm...i saw the new tv spot...jus realised..they dont showcase toy story 2 in it...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by vveksuvarna » April 1st, 2008, 7:34 pm

hmm...i saw the new tv spot...jus realised..they dont showcase toy story 2 in it...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 1st, 2008, 9:37 pm

I don't really see a point in showing Toy Story 2 when they already showed the first film...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by vveksuvarna » April 2nd, 2008, 12:02 am

well,,1 or 2nd...they were showing ppl all the great movies theyve made...i think toy story 2 was as great as any other pixar movies...

sameway if u look at dreamworks...they always say from the makers of shrek & madagascar...they never talk about shark tale/flushed away/ shrek 3/bee movie or sindbad any time...