The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » July 30th, 2008, 12:21 am

Wow! I can't believe we're getting the site and trailer so soon!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 30th, 2008, 1:05 am

1.) Like the Randy Newman song--it had a nice "Avalon" vibe to it. (really beautiful soundtrack/movie)

2.) Like the humor but it definetely seems like this is going to be a comedy (romantic comedy, but still.)

3.) Idea: we should stop calling it 2d and start calling it just plain "animation." :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » July 30th, 2008, 4:18 am

Isn't this too early?.
Anyway Tiana seems very nice and I love her animation :D it's cute how she doesn't kiss his lips XD.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » July 30th, 2008, 8:17 am

Loving the official teaser! Lol, Once! How can it 'be too early'? It's never too early to see fine traditional animation return and be publicised. Especially when it looks as good as what that teaser suggests. I've downloaded the ipod version :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 30th, 2008, 9:07 am

Animation looks great! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » July 30th, 2008, 12:10 pm

JustinWilliams wrote:Loving the official teaser! Lol, Once! How can it 'be too early'? It's never too early to see fine traditional animation return and be publicised. Especially when it looks as good as what that teaser suggests. I've downloaded the ipod version :)
Well,because Sleeping Beauty PE and Bolt are coming very soon and Sleeping Beauty PE's website isn't updated and Bolt's website was out just now.
And Enchanted and Bolt had trailers only months before they got/will be released (Enchanted got a trailer in May 2007 and was released in November 2007,Bolt got a trailer in July 2008 and will be released in December 2008) but Princess And The Frog will be released in 2 years and there's a teaser now.
But I"m glad we got that early :D.
Kinda off-topic but Meg,where the quote in your siggy is from?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 30th, 2008, 1:25 pm

Wonderful teaser! I love it. I think the song fits in beautifully with the scenery. Once again, I got that Peter Pan vibe, and I really love that. Tiana's voice sounds nice. Had doubts, but it fit perfectly. I like how the lighting stayed on her hair when it showed close-ups. The frog... cute! The way he kept suggesting his lips, and making those gestures.

One last bit, you know where the title was? I instantly thought of Lady & The Tramp when I saw it. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by vveksuvarna » July 30th, 2008, 2:10 pm

the dark blues & the dim goldens...

does the color scheme remind anyone else of aladdin ??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 30th, 2008, 5:38 pm

The tilt-down from the star to reveal New Orleans brought to mind Pinocchio, with a just dash of Ratatouille.

I think all of these visual 'cues' (including the aforementioned Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp and Aladdin) are deliberate. And a very good thing.

It's great to see a trailer for a Disney movie that actually looks and feels like a 'Disney' movie. :) It seems to be heading back to 'basics' from a Disney perspective; which has worked out well for them a couple of times in the past (in 1950 with Cinderella, and in 1989 with The Little Mermaid) .. so here's hoping the 'magic' is still there. :idea:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GRUNT » July 30th, 2008, 7:54 pm

The animation's looking VERY slick, indeed, and the background of New Orleans is simply gorgeous.

My favourite thing in the teaser has to be Tiana's hopeful "how's that?" expression after she blows a kiss :P.

I've got to admit though, the firefly really isn't doing it for me =/. I'll need to see more, though :P.

So, more please :P.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 30th, 2008, 8:53 pm

Admittedly I wasn't too hot on the firefly either. I loved the way the frog wobbled whenever Tiana kissed it though!

Once - the quote in my signature was taken from a spoof of the Dark Knight trailer. I'll PM it to you if you'd like, as I'm hesitant to post it here due to some slightly mature content.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 30th, 2008, 10:14 pm

I found myself reminding myself that it's John Musker & Ron Clements, which means some good is ultimately going to come out of it--

I can remember quite a few Pixar films (ahemcarsnemo), whose first teaser impressions left me with "THAT's the comedy-relief character?--Shoot me now. -_- ", but which turned out to better than the sum of their parts in the completed film...
And as far as M&C, I seem to recall Martin Short robots or Buddy Hackett seagulls not making the ideal first impression either.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 30th, 2008, 11:13 pm

It was Robin Williams in Robots, not Martin Short. And the trailer for this one is funny. Hopefully the movie will be as good, or better even. If hand drawn animation makes a comeback after this, than maybe Don Bluth will finally be able to make that Dragon's Lair movie (according to him, pre-production work has been done for years and he's got a staff assembled but he can't get anyone to fund a hand drawn feature despite reacting positively to the pitch. The poor guy just can't get a break, it seems).

Edit: Sorry, I forgot it was Martin Short in Treasure Planet. My error.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 31st, 2008, 11:19 am

Like others, I'm not too crazy about the firefly at this point. But the animation looks lovely.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by cboy666 » July 31st, 2008, 6:32 pm

The trailer was amazing. :D The animation looks beautiful (I was worried that we were going to see the same quality of animation that was present in Enchanted). I enjoyed the firefly too. Also, Anika’s voice sounds a lot like Lorrell Robinson (the role she played in Dreamgirls).
"In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."