"Disney" + "scary" =

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » April 4th, 2008, 5:18 pm

I'm not sure how to rate it but it's at least PG-13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3D3ulYXxSs

I tried to look through my favorites to find scary disney stuff but I can't find much that wasn't anime, Jem or old commercials.

I don't think this is scary but it is Disney and hilarious and should be shared.

It's from the Sandiego Comic Con from a few years ago. ^.^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 5th, 2008, 5:36 am

Foxtale-I posted that video in the Favorite Disney Princess poll but thanks anyway :D.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » April 5th, 2008, 12:35 pm

Once Upon A Dream wrote:Foxtale-I posted that video in the Favorite Disney Princess poll but thanks anyway :D.
Oh sorry, I don't remember seeing it in that thread. Just goes to show how hilarious this video is. ^.~
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 5th, 2008, 1:18 pm

Ah,it's okay :D I loved Aurora and Ariel the best,I also loved Belle,Snow White and Eilonwey.
"Hey! what are you doing here Belle? you're not a real princess?".
"Yeah,she just merried a beast!".
"At least my husband didn't merried sushi!".

"Have you seen the Black Couldren?".
"No! never heard of it!".

Too bad Jasmine wasn't thought :( (the girl who was supposed to play her broke her leg).
And also too bad this was out before Enchanted,I whould love to see Giselle in this :D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 27th, 2008, 1:44 am

Shia Labeouf says "no!" :P

:)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 1st, 2008, 2:22 pm

Very funny! I didn't realize Shia said it that much. Does he do the same thing in Indy 4? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » August 1st, 2008, 2:47 pm

Hmmm.... who?.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 1st, 2008, 5:25 pm

He was in Disturbia and Transformers, and now in Indy 4. :wink:

Very funny! I didn't realize Shia said it that much. Does he do the same thing in Indy 4?
Thanks Dan! :) Nah, he didn't really say it much in Indy 4, from what I remember anyway. They make fun of that whole thing in the Lucas/Spielberg cartoon I posted on the Indy thread. :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » August 2nd, 2008, 6:10 am

I haven't seen any of this films :oops:.
I think I"ve never seen any Indiana Jones movie :oops: should I see the new one?.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 2nd, 2008, 7:02 am

It's a "fun" (some of it, anyway) but completely and utterly worthless when compared to the original Indys. I'd see those films first. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » August 2nd, 2008, 9:32 am

Okay :D then I should see the original ones first :D.
As far I remember I only a few parts from one film,I don't know which one but what I remember-It has his father in it and they were with a girl who turned to be a Natzi or something and they get tied up because she betrayed them,which one is that?.
Last edited by Once Upon A Dream on August 15th, 2008, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 3rd, 2008, 2:21 am

That's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade you're thinking of; it's the last one to come out of the first three.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097576/

:)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 3rd, 2008, 3:44 pm

From my Animated Views review:
LeBeouf is the talk of Tinseltown after Spielberg picked him for the Rear Window remake Disturbia, where he proved himself worthy of jumping into Bay’s Transformers and Spielberg’s own Indiana Jones resurrection, where the young star will play Indy’s son. He’s likable enough, certainly fitting the Indiana Jones part, but his character here is just too thinly sketched and given one to many quirks: if I never hear Shia LeBeouf muttering an irritating stream of “No-n-n-n-no-nn-no-no-nn-no, no” again it will be too soon. This is something that is supposed to make him “human”, and probably an on-set improvisation, but it’s not endearing when it’s over used throughout the movie: every time he opened his mouth I was expecting him to simply utter this inane drivel again.
A major reason why I didn't like the Transformers movie, though I was so grateful it wasn't seen as something "cute" that could be carried into Indy's world.

Once...you really need to cut back on those princess sequels and see some real movies. Honestly, the original Raiders trilogy is a must-see requirement!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » August 7th, 2008, 1:15 am

The shame of it, Ben, is that the Princess' line is pretty much the big focus of Disney animation now.

Why do you honestly think they're making yet another film about a princess? Why, to add her to the line-up! Next to Ariel (redhead fishgirl), Snow White (brunette), Belle (French girl), Mulan (Asian gal), and the rest, adding an African girl is a shoo-in. It's business, nothing politically correct about it! Now, if the new princess turns out to be another Pocahontas, Disney will forget about her as quickly as they did old Pokey...!

Expect to see them exploiting this to the hilt more and more. They are raking it up with the under-12 female crowd with that line-up of characters. As much as it makes me sick (I want NEW things, not just recycled and regurgitated characters and movies), it is making Disney money.

The strategy is also luring families to the Disney parks. The little girls want to meet and greet their princess idols! They want pictures to remember the event! (Of course, after they turn 13-14, it's not a big deal anymore even as their parents still feel $2000 missing from their banking accounts.)

The parks themselves have gotten ridiculously expensive with one-day trips costing an average family of four almost $300 getting into the gate! That doesn't account for the price of eating even junk food in the parks plus all the toys, T-shirts, and other brick-brack we all know kids are going to demand from their parents.

I just wish some of that marketing energy could have been refocused into new stories... (Heck, I wish that for such a "family-oriented" company that Disney would price its merchandise and park admittance a bit cheaper, too!) Both Pixar and Disney are really going over too much of the same ground they're collectively tread over before for over 90 years now. A repeat of a repeat is a big NON-event in my opinion. That's the big reason I am no fan of what either company is doing with their films now. I have no plans to see films with a "2," "3," or "4" in the title. That's the main reason why I've stayed away from talks about Disney and Pixar films. I'm still shaking my head at the fact that people still aren't getting it and that the same old mistakes made over 10 years ago are being made again.

Ce la vie. Most fans have proven to be sheep, indeed.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 7th, 2008, 9:00 am

On your points George:

Yep, I see Disney returning to the "princess genre", but as has been noted, this has been a traditionally lucky thing several times in the Disney company's existence and I'm hoping for something pretty cool in any respect. Yep, Tiana is being set up for inclusion into the princess hall of fame, but if we want to see some of the really good stuff then the bottom line has to be sufficed in order for those decisions to pull through. And then, when they did try something unique in Atlantis, they got kicked for that too, albeit that the film was the subject of exec meddling.

It's not just little girls wanting to get to the Parks. Call me whatever you like but I was well excited about getting to spend time at Walt's original park in Anaheim last week. It was interesting that Rand didn't quite get the same vibe, but then again he'd been so close to the Orlando park for so long that the uniqueness would certainly rub off. I was just thrilled to be there for a proper length of time (two days is just right to pack it all in, rather than the six hours I only got ten years ago). I was impressed with the cleanliness of the park, the crowd control and the overall experience - the magic certainly worked on me and I felt like a kid again. At one point James looked over at me as we walked down Main Street, through the hub towards the castle as I was smiling. He asked "what?" and I just said I was grinning, for no reason...it was just that kind of moment.

Lastly, I don't think I'm a sheep. I think I'm interested in the product (and yep. I'll admit that it is just mostly "product") that one of my favorite companies is putting out. It's not all great, but then it's not all geared towards me. We're all growing up too and you can't say you're not a fan of something just because you might be older and wiser. If Princess And The Frog had followed, say, Aladdin as the next feature, we'd all be lapping it up at the age we were back then. Yes, I can see more of the formula now (it wasn't a secret back then either, though) and yes, I can see how the marketing works. But I also know that if we can support the best of these releases, there would be more security in place for these teams to start coming up with their own ideas again....things that could jump outside the box.

But then they'd get blasted for attempting another Treasure Planet again... Ho-hum...they can't win! :(