Need help Identifying animated movie

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Need help Identifying animated movie

Post by Hanzrimmer » July 14th, 2008, 2:30 pm

I feel kind of silly posting this because I can barely remember anything about this movie, but it's been driving me nuts for years and I'd really like to see it again. Again, I feel silly because I remember so little things about it, just that I Liked it a lot as a kid. Hopefully someone here can help. Any way, here is what I remember.

Near the begining of the movie someone is talking to a talking cat in a forest.

I'm pretty sure the villain in the movie has a sister that is good.

I'm not certain this was a Disney movie but I remember it airing on the Disney channel but that could be wrong.

Pretty sure it was made in the 80's.

I remember some other stuff but the rest is really hazy, anyone have any idea what this could be?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 14th, 2008, 3:11 pm

Hi and Welcome, Hanzrimmer! :)

Are you sure it was animated? One movie sorta fits the info, My Stepmother is an Alien, but I'm pretty it's not that or I'm getting it confused with another movie. By any chance, did the movie have a musical sequence in the forest and something to do with ghost?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hanzrimmer » July 14th, 2008, 7:13 pm

possible, I remember so little about it, but it had fantasy theme and it either didn't take place on earth or the earth looked very different.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 14th, 2008, 9:18 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 14th, 2008, 9:50 pm

Hmmm...Probably not. That movie didn't have a villain. I'm racking my brain, but I can't think of what it could be. If I think of something, I'll post. Disney Channel used to run tons of non-disney animation so it could be anything.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 15th, 2008, 12:26 am

This might help jog your memory:

http://www.animatedmovieguide.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hanzrimmer » July 15th, 2008, 11:03 am

I remember some more things, at the end the main villain has pretty much taken over the world or land or wherever it is set. I remember a battle towards the end involving fire or lava in some place that may resemble hell or a volcano. It may not be a disney movie, I just remember it airing on the disney channel but that may also not be correct.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hanzrimmer » July 15th, 2008, 11:04 am

I remember some more things, at the end the main villain has pretty much taken over the world or land or wherever it is set. I remember a battle towards the end involving fire or lava in some place that may resemble hell or a volcano. It may not be a disney movie, I just remember it airing on the disney channel but that may also not be correct.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 15th, 2008, 2:04 pm

All Dog's Go to Heaven 2? It fits what you just described, unfortunately though, the villain doesn't have a sister that is good - that would be An All Dog's Christmas Carol. :? This is a touch one!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » July 15th, 2008, 2:16 pm

A very long list, that probably lists every animated movie, can be found here. A lot of the films are from Japan. Animation is very popular over there, I heard it's cheaper than making live-action films that require lots of special effects and impossible things. Did the film look like Japanese animated? You can often tell.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by numbattery » August 4th, 2008, 8:37 pm

Jumping in late here but It almost sounds like Fire and Ice except for talking to the cat in the forest.
But the sister and the battle with lava in a volcano all fit in.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 4th, 2008, 8:43 pm

That's what I thought too, but I'm not sure. Hmmm... This really is a tough one.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83