Bolt

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » October 13th, 2008, 5:53 pm

I've never seen the Animaniacs, but everyone keeps harping on the fact the pigeons here are so similar to that...
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 15th, 2008, 12:37 am

Thanks for posting the website, Sully! Cool downloads, I'm now using the Bolt one as my current wallpaper. :)

Cute clip too, although I'm still not very exited. Looks like it will be fun, but not much else. I hope to be proven wrong, though. Also, I've been meaning to say this, I hope, hope they don't use that Elvis song they played in the trailer and the commercials that have started airing -- looks like it will be in the film, unfortunately, but I'm still hoping. For one thing, Disney has already used Elvis songs before, in Lilo and Stitch, using him again in Bolt will take away one of things that made L&S so special, tarnish the magic if you will. Second, L&S was done by Chris Sanders, who was the original person behind American Dog which is now Bolt, it would feel like a slap in the face personally. That's the way I see it anyhow, I might be in alone that opinion.

I'm also not fond of John's voice as Bolt. Mainly for the reason Ben mentioned. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » October 15th, 2008, 11:20 am

Elvis music isn't in the movie. Nor will inxs' "You're Unbelievable."

Just as the song "Brazil" wasn't in Wall-E. Nor was the theme to the James Bond movie "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" in "The Incredibles".

The trailers are not the movie.
Daniel wrote:Second, L&S was done by Chris Sanders, who was the original person behind American Dog which is now Bolt, it would feel like a slap in the face personally. That's the way I see it anyhow, I might be in alone that opinion.
Don't worry. Nobody's slapping Chris.

The goal is to make a great film that everyone loves... to make characters that speak to an audience and makes them have fun and feel good.

Chris Sanders is amazing... and there's a lot of love for him among the people at Disney. Nobody would pull something as unprofessional as trying to hurt his feelings. Besides, the transitory nature of animation is such that we all may be working for Chris again at some point in our careers (if we are all so lucky.)

Take care, and I'll see you at the movies on November 21st!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 15th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Thanks again, that's really good to hear on both accounts! Should've known with the trailer, but the way they were playing it so often it seemed like it would be used. Yay! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » October 17th, 2008, 12:03 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » October 17th, 2008, 1:09 pm

Thanks Sullivan :) That new clip really was quite impresive piece of entertainment :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 18th, 2008, 7:26 pm

That clip was awesome. the chase scene was very good.

While I'm looking forward to Bolt a lot, I kind of wish they had made the movie based on THAT movie, instead of what Bolt is actually about.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 18th, 2008, 9:08 pm

Heh, I kinda agree with Mac on this one! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 18th, 2008, 10:44 pm

Daniel wrote:Second, L&S was done by Chris Sanders
(Uh, not to quibble IMDb points, but wasn't L&S done by Chris Sanders AND Dean DeBlois?...)
Sullivan wrote:Don't worry. Nobody's slapping Chris.
Chris Sanders is amazing... and there's a lot of love for him among the people at Disney. Nobody would pull something as unprofessional as trying to hurt his feelings. Besides, the transitory nature of animation is such that we all may be working for Chris again at some point in our careers (if we are all so lucky.)
Well, wouldn't say "nobody"...
And it's a nice sentiment but let's face facts, he's working for Dreamworks right now..And them what go in are never heard from again. :P
(Unless they escape, like Andrew Adamson.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 19th, 2008, 12:43 am

If you want to get technical, though had I pointed that out it would've taken away from my main point. ;)

I also agree with Mac, though that's one of the ongoing criticism since the first trailers debut, even being brought up here originally by Violet, if I'm not mistaken. When I saw the trailer for the first time, I was literally on the edge of my seat, then it stopped and I was like "oh right, I forgot about that angle". It still looks cute, and having scenes in the actual movie - even if it is the show within the movie, is still pretty awesome. Seeing Bolt do all that in the clip was very entertaining, I'll go as much to say breathtaking.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 19th, 2008, 11:45 am

I still have some slight "issues", but this looks fairly invigorating (the new "Chase" clip is what we're looking at, right?) and some of it really surprised me as it approaches a better movie making level than we've seen in Disney CG so far (discounting Dinosaur, which was amazingly well directed even if the story was dead as a dino).

I guess, though, that the fact this is a "make-believe film" sequence is the only way they go away with featuring it in a kids' film...if this was played "for real", you can bet the parents or child-advisory groups would be screaming "you can't put that in and have kids thinking they can skateboard in the street between the vehicles!"

Y'know... :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » October 19th, 2008, 11:55 am

Maybe I'm cynical because I'm bitter about all the changes that took place, but the dialogue sounded more childish than the last few Disney releases. Maybe that's just how the TV show version of Penny talks, and the dialogue will get tighter when it progresses into the "real world" versions of the characters.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » October 21st, 2008, 8:04 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 21st, 2008, 8:18 pm

they used the term "redonkulous"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 21st, 2008, 9:35 pm

"Turn and pull" I loved that scene.