Halloween

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Halloween

Post by Daniel » October 3rd, 2008, 1:13 pm

Hard to believe we never had a Halloween thread... anyone going trick-or-treating? If you are, have you decided what costume you are going to go as? Myself, I haven't gone trick-or-treating since... 2001, I think. I'm going to a Halloween party this year, so exited over that!

I love Halloween and the candy, my favorite being candy corn, though I can only stomach it in during the holiday. As per tradition, I'm going to be watching all the the Halloween specials and a couple of scary movies up until Halloween.

How about you guys?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 3rd, 2008, 1:38 pm

Ima carve pumpkins and go trick or treating for the last time. Probably gonna watch some movies or specials too - anyone have any suggestions?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 3rd, 2008, 2:04 pm

Specials, anything Simpsons, It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (!) and a few more I can't recall at the moment.

Movies, the obvious The Nightmare Before Christmas, Casper, The Little Vampire, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad and Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie. I tried to pick kid-friendly ones, since I'm not sure of your taste. Want really scary? ;)

Speaking of carving pumpkins, here's a site that's offering a couple of free Disney stencils.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » October 3rd, 2008, 2:36 pm

I'll probably have to work, which is okay since we normally host some sort of Halloween event for kids at the bookstore I work at.

These are usually pretty fun ^___^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 3rd, 2008, 4:28 pm

Daniel wrote:Movies, the obvious The Nightmare Before Christmas, Casper, The Little Vampire, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad and Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie. I tried to pick kid-friendly ones, since I'm not sure of your taste. Want really scary? ;)
"Really scary"?--Ah, that would be "Something Wicked This Way Comes", a Halloween staple around these parts.
Disney had designed it as a "kids" horror movie, but...it may be too stylistically creepy for most adults. :shock:

As for T&T, I happened to have a Disney parks trip over the holiday, at whose Halloween parties it's considered traditional to adopt a Disney-themed costume...
I was trying to throw together something Pirates-related out of the trunk, with a white swashbuckle-shirt, dark pants and a red sash--And then realized, I wasn't picturing POTC, I was accidentally picturing the Prince from "Little Mermaid".
(Darn, what was his name again? Have to go check the disk.) :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 4th, 2008, 2:27 am

I'm going to sacrifice cats and babies and then run around neighborhoods naked yelling satanic messages covered in blood of the innocent and will end the night releasing the demons from hell along with Lucifer himself causing the world to fall into ruin

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 4th, 2008, 10:51 am

Aw, not again Mac...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 5th, 2008, 8:47 am

Yeah, you must have done that last year, because ruin here we come!

But, hey, at least he has concrete plans, right? ;)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 10th, 2008, 2:17 am

Yeah,

Concrete plans that could land you in a mental asylum...!

P.S. -- My goal is to remember to watch "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" on Halloween... At least one version of the story. The Disney version still kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies! Way, way scarier than Burton's slasher flick.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 27th, 2008, 8:51 pm

A Halloween candy warning?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3dbBQPI ... re=related

Saw it posted elsewhere and it looks legit. Though hard to believe, with the way he comes off all overly dramatic and his past videos. Kind of ironic, but I have that chocolate lollipop! Hmm, don't know if I want to take the risk. ;) Wasn't really planning it on eating it either, since I'm not much of a chocolate person.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » October 27th, 2008, 10:38 pm

Halloween night, I'm going to see the Official Blues Brothers Revival, the only performance authorized by Dan Aykroyd. Should be loads of fun.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 28th, 2008, 12:18 am

pffft I wouldn't get sick off that

The Chinese need to MAN UP

EDIT: HAHAHAHA "please to get the word out, comment as much as possible, vote it 5 stars, subscribe to it, etc"

who is he kidding?

EDITEDIT: bahahahaha Candy 9-11? Seriously guy?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 31st, 2008, 3:25 pm

Happy Halloween, everybody! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 31st, 2008, 9:28 pm

Happy Halloween, Dan!

Just in time...here's our take on Nightmare Before Christmas' recent SE:
http://animated-views.com/2008/the-nigh ... s-edition/

:)