Bolt

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » November 22nd, 2008, 2:12 pm

Ohio, souns nice!

I love to read Ohio ghost stories for off topic.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 22nd, 2008, 10:23 pm

I really, really enjoyed Bolt. I think the movie has a great story about loyalty. Some other things I liked about the movie were:
The patronizing agent, with his 'stick a pin in it' comments.

The pigeons, not just with their dialogue - I loved when the birds pitched a story to Bolt - but also their movements

Rhino, of course :)

Plus, like YCougar wrote, it was fun seeing the Bolt television show jump the shark.
Meanwhile, there was a serious scene that seemed to stand out to the audience I was with:
The audience was filled with children, constantly whispering to their parents and guardians. However, when Bolt ran to Penny, only to find he had been replaced, the audience was dead silent. As Bolt walked away, I heard one woman say, 'Oh, that's so sad!'
As for the music, one of the first things I did when I came home this evening was purchase the "Meet Bolt" track at iTunes. I might purchase the entire Bolt soundtrack later. However, it was that track in particular that I've had stuck in my head all evening. :) With that said, one thing I did find a little weak in Bolt was the "Barking at the Moon" song. It's not a bad song. Still, I wish its lyrics had been somewhat stronger.

Nonetheless, I think Bolt might be the best movie Walt Disney Animation Studios has released since the '90s. I definitely recommend it. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » November 23rd, 2008, 3:54 am

Saw it in 3D tonight, and I enjoyed it quite a bit! It may not have been original or innovative, but I enjoyed it for what it was. :D

The only real problem I had with this film was with the human characters (as the majority of them had some pretty bad dialogue). Once it cut back to the animals, I was fine :P

I agree, it started to get really sappy in some scenes, but that didn't bother me at all. Probably because I've always been very attached to my animals in the same way, and could relate.
I also appreciated the subtle message they included on the issue of de-clawing cats. It's a BAD idea! Seriously people, don't do it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 23rd, 2008, 9:26 am

The animation in Bolt is supposed to look like a drawing,like the animation in Rapunzel? or Rapunzel will be less CGI?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » November 24th, 2008, 6:40 pm

I thought Bolt was great. I saw it with a group of 5 adults and we were all laughing and pretty much getting emotional throughout the movie. I think pet-lovers will really like this movie as we all did. I have to say that one of my favorite characters and the one I responded with the most amount of laughs was Mittens, the cat. She was really funny.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 27th, 2008, 5:58 pm

"Bolt" ROCKED!!! It was a very cute movie! :D

And the opening of the movie was INCREDIBLE!!! Seriously, it was one of the coolest action sequences that I've ever seen in an animated film. In fact, I'd say that the first ten minutes were almost worth the price of admission.

I think that it would be REALLY cool if they made an entire "episode" of the Bolt TV show as an extra on the DVD. That would be beyond awesome! :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 28th, 2008, 10:46 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:I think that it would be REALLY cool if they made an entire "episode" of the Bolt TV show as an extra on the DVD. That would be beyond awesome! :D
That's a fantastic idea! I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is actually considering making a Bolt television series that's based on the TV series in the movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 28th, 2008, 10:50 pm

Well, they made a video game out of it why not a TV series? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 30th, 2008, 10:18 am

Every movie gets a video game.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 30th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Not really, there have been a few that didn't. My point was, Disney made a video game center on the TV series, ergo a real TV show would not be far fetched.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » December 2nd, 2008, 1:15 pm

I see your point,I haven't seen the film but I think that Bolt can work as a TV series,I also think that they should make a show for Enchanted (They can make it like The Little Mermaid series).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Bolt is Great

Post by jcvaldez » December 2nd, 2008, 7:38 pm

I just wanted to say that I thought that "Bolt" was an excellent film. It is currently my favorite CG film!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 3rd, 2008, 3:07 pm

Great that you love it, jcvaldez, but no need to start up a thread just to say it! Posting that comment would have worked just as well in our open Bolt thread, so I've merged...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » December 5th, 2008, 4:12 pm

Foxtale and anyone else wanting more information about the "painterly look" of Bolt. This article gives the best description that I've seen so far:

http://www.vfxworld.com/?atype=articles&id=3845

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » December 6th, 2008, 1:07 pm

OH thank you! *goes off to read*
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]