Worst Animated Films You've Seen

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » December 19th, 2008, 2:11 am

I"m glad to hear that The Wild isn't Disney :D then I don't count it as Disney.
Flushed Away is just dry,it's not intersting,it's another CGI movie.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 19th, 2008, 12:15 pm

Who IS that Tinkerbelle in OUD's profile?

I never got an answer to the question!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » December 19th, 2008, 1:00 pm

He did, in another thread. I can't remember which one but I remember reading the answer.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 19th, 2008, 1:16 pm

Here and here, actually. Only difference was the pose of the avatar.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 19th, 2008, 3:17 pm

Neal wrote:Anything can 'count'. I refuse to see Fushed Away because of DreamWorks. Sure, it's partially Aardman but even so, Katzenberg supposedly did his best to influence this and his push to Americanize Aardman led to their eventual falling out.
About the only "Americanizing" the movie got was the standard Dreamworks Chase Scene, a few obligatory export gags about stereotyped Yankee tourists, and, keeping it even more to DW specifications...yes, ANOTHER danged tracking shot of the characters' funny city while "Funkytown" plays on the soundtrack. >_<
As required by law in any native DW movie, on pain of death.

Apart from that (and with their Katzenberg dues paid) it's allllll Aardman. Not W&G, maybe, but easily funnier than "Chicken Run", and miles ahead of "Robbie the Reindeer" under their own power.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 19th, 2008, 4:03 pm

Flushed Away = Aardman.

The Wild = Disney. Pure and simple. They paid for it, they influenced the story. It <I>wasn't</I> a pick-up like Valiant. It's even counted in the classic Disney film list in the UK.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by jcvaldez » December 24th, 2008, 2:51 pm

The worst animated movies are as follows:

Delgo
Doogal
Hoodwinked

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 25th, 2008, 2:36 pm

I'm hoping you're actually basing this on seeing those films. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » December 25th, 2008, 9:02 pm

Hoodwinked actually elicited some pretty good laughs from our group, and that's usually enough to keep something out of a bottom-of-the-barrel "Worst" list for me.

And Prince of Egypt? Truly among the worst stuff one can see? Oooooo-kay...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » December 26th, 2008, 12:18 am

I agree. I never really dug Prince of Egypt, but I've seen much worse films than that one.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » December 26th, 2008, 1:47 am

Disney paid for The Wild to be produced and influenced story? I had always been led to believed they just distributed it.

Are there any other animated films they paid for and influenced besides TW? Or is that exclusive and why it's considered a canon film over there.
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 26th, 2008, 4:38 pm

Don't worry...I don't think you're "missing" anything else major, though they did have story input on Valiant and by sheer distribution fees they helped pay for it.

Put it this way, Valiant was a Disney Pictures presentation of a Vanguard Animation film. The Wild was a Disney picture animated by CORE, not a CORE "production".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » December 26th, 2008, 5:40 pm

Hm. I guess I can see why it could be considered canon in some countires, then. I mean... the opening to Enchanted was outsourced, as well. It's not exclusive in its outside-of -Disney-studios work.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » December 30th, 2008, 3:49 am

I meant to ask before, Ben, do you agree with The Wild's inclusion in the classics list in the UK?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 30th, 2008, 1:56 pm

No. I actually don't agree with any CG content in the "classics" list. In my world, we'd jump from Home On The Range to The Princess And The Frog and either lump the Disney CGs in with the Pixars or - more appropriately - consider them "sideline" feature animation projects such as The Reluctant Dragon, Vistory Through Air Power, Song Of The South, Mary Poppins, Bedknobs, Roger Rabbit and the like. Disney, but not Disney, if you will. Kind of like how Dinosaur was treated...a Disney animated film but not part of the classic line up.

It's only recently that that film has been "let in" to the list, and while those films were made by the same teams, they're not "classically" animated films. I would, however, be fine with The Wild being a part of this "alternate" hybrid/CG grouping. :)