Pinocchio: Platinum Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 6th, 2009, 11:48 am

Thanks for telling me :D glad to know that they"ll still have websites :D.
The website is neat thought even Monstro has a game,too bad that Jiminy don't have his own wallpaper.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 6th, 2009, 4:55 pm

Yeah, that is a bummer, but he is in a few.

It's sad, some if not all of these games are more fun than the ones they include on DVDs/BD. I really like the maze level, I just wish it was a little challenging!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 6th, 2009, 5:52 pm

Yeah,they should have a Jiminy screenmate.
I agree,those games are better then the ones in the DVDs,in most of their website,in some games like the games in Enchanted Tales you can't even fail.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 18th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Looks as though Germany is getting a special edition box:

I'm predicting the UK box set is going to follow suite. It is lovely, though I'm finding with Blu I would rather just have those cases. No doubt I'll change my mind when official pics get released. :roll:

Also, Wal-Mart is going to have a free plush - Jiminy - with purchase of the DVD Gift Pack:

Do I even need say my thoughts? ;) He is so cute! I'm going to be pretty ticked off if it's just bundled with the DVD though... come on! :evil: Other retailers seem to be acknowledging Blu, why the heck won't Wal-Mart!?

Oh well, if nothing else I'll try eBay... or if he really is cute and I can't find him, I'll likely just buy the DVD and give it away as a gift. Now to patiently await for Target and Best Buy..!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 19th, 2009, 9:14 am

The Jiminy plushie is so cute :D but it's annoys me how Pinocchio got an adorable plushie and other films like Sleeping Beauty and Ariel's Beginning got useless,dumb and insulting sets,the Enchanted and TinkerBell sets are okay.
But it's great to know they"re selling DVDs! I don't know if Blu-Ray will be sucessful as a DVD but I do hope they"ll keep selling DVD.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 19th, 2009, 10:20 am

With Blu a niche collector's market first and a growing general following second, I just don't get why the Blus don't get the fancy packaging.

After all, that's what most collectors want! I bet their thinking is that we'll buy the DVD for the packaging and the Blu for the quality.

It's evil and dumb...but some of us do it! :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 25th, 2009, 4:46 pm

Here's the music video that be on the Platinum, "When You Wish Upon A Star" sung by Meaghan Martin:

I don't think anyone is really fond of these new teen renditions of beloved Disney songs, I'm especially not fond of the one attached with One Hundred and One Dalmatians, but well, this ones not so bad. I like it! It's kinda trippy, but catchy.

Less than two more weeks!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 26th, 2009, 2:14 am

I think she played Tess from Camp Rock,she looks different.
Yeah,most of them aren't really good (Like what they did with Kiss The Girl,actually Poor Unfortunate Souls was much worse and I Wanna Be Like You were bad but what they did for A Whole New World,A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes and Circle Of Life was much worse),but some of them like Once Upon A Dream was good,this one is okay,Cruella DeVil was okay from what I remember,the T Squad music video of The Second Star To The Right is awful too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » February 26th, 2009, 3:09 pm

Dear Disney Marketing Dept:

Seriously..... I understand that you're getting hit by the recession just like everyone else. But if you want to cut costs, don't skimp on the DVD features that we actually want to see, and are actually relevant to the film that you're trying to promote. Just GET RID OF THESE STUPID MUSIC VIDEOS. Think about all the money you'll save by not having to pay for yet another tween star that no one will remember two weeks from now. Seriously... Think about it.

Sincerely,
Whippet Angel (a concerned consumer)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 26th, 2009, 3:38 pm

Nice. ;)

Anywho, as Neal posted elsewhere, here's a preview of the DVD and BD. Those Blu images are stunning! I can't wait to see it up close and personal.

Although, it was asked in that thread how the packaging was and for Blu it's like the thicker WALL-E BD case... good grief. Barely on the second BD Platinum and already it's not consistent! That was the main reason why I opted out of the 3-disc WALL-E so that all my BDs would match. I knew it couldn't last, I bet Bolt will be the same. Gah! :(

I suppose I could wait, in the chance like WALL-E they slim it down, but the store exclusives, man! And I don't think I can wait...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 26th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Whippet Angel wrote:Dear Disney Marketing Dept:

Seriously..... I understand that you're getting hit by the recession just like everyone else. But if you want to cut costs, don't skimp on the DVD features that we actually want to see, and are actually relevant to the film that you're trying to promote. Just GET RID OF THESE STUPID MUSIC VIDEOS. Think about all the money you'll save by not having to pay for yet another tween star that no one will remember two weeks from now. Seriously... Think about it.

Sincerely,
Whippet Angel (a concerned consumer)
Hear hear!!!!!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 2nd, 2009, 7:46 pm

Another store exclusive revealed: Target is going to have an exclusive CD bundled with the DVD and possibly the Blu. Eh, I don't think I'll go for that, but we'll see.

BTW, here are pictures of the packaging. Looks as though the art we see under the disc is in color this time, (the characters at least) a change from Sleeping Beauty's all muted color. Pretty cool and you can now see what I was talking about with the thickness. Lest we forget the shiny slipcover...! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 3rd, 2009, 9:03 pm

Early review for the BD! (some mild language) Very interesting tidbit:
Some Came Running wrote:The first high-definition demonstration of this wizardry was with 1959's Sleeping Beauty, released on Blu-ray last fall, a staggeringly beautiful disc. In a week and a half, DIsney unveils a 70th-Anniversary edition of Pinocchio on Blu-ray, and in a way, it's even more of a stunner.
And this:
Some Came Running wrote:The colors, the detail, the almost preternatural absence of smudges, scratches, and whatnot...this does, I think, inarguably, honor the intentions and the labors of the filmmakers in a way that even they themselves could not have envisioned.
:shock:.........:D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 4th, 2009, 5:16 am

Yes, but by wiping clean everything that made it an animated film from 1940! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 4th, 2009, 1:51 pm

Still... ;)

Also, I just got back from my local Best Buy a while ago and they already have it on the shelves! Oh man, I was so tempted. Of course they weren't offering anything free with it, so anyones guess if they will. If they don't, GAH I'm gonna regret not getting it... :(