"Happily N'Ever After"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 12th, 2009, 4:19 pm

Oh my gosh,a sequel to that thing? what is wrong with them? now ripping off Snow White,after the first one was just a Cinderella III and Shrek rip off.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 12th, 2009, 5:58 pm

My scathing review of the original:
http://animated-views.com/2007/happily- ... idescreen/

That cover looks awful: those two trolls look like clipart from the first one, while Snow White is so close to Disney I'm surprised they don't sue, and the whole thing feels like a desperate attempt to do a Hoodwinked on another fairytale.

Ho-hum...

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » February 13th, 2009, 4:17 am

Hope that sequel is an early April Fool joke! :D

So anybody else knows "Help! I'm A Fish" for off topic?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 13th, 2009, 6:19 am

Disney should sue them before they make a sequel about Sleeping Beauty.
Yeah,I have seen Help I"m A Fish,I remember it was bad.
I remember that my uncle and his kids went to see Happily N'ever After in theater,I told them that they shouldn't see it and when they came back they told me that I was right.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 13th, 2009, 10:28 am

Hey AD...I very much enjoyed Help! I'm A Fish and was glad to see A-Film's work continue on the Asterix And The Vikings Feature.

Maybe that's a conversation for our underrated features thread? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » February 13th, 2009, 12:54 pm

well, this is the 21 century.. all princess should have cell-phones.. I think there are Disney Princess Cell's out there.. ;)

actually I was hoping they'd do Rapunzel.. just because a bald Rapunzel would look cool..

anyway, N'ever after was better than Space Chimps and Valiant .. which made me wan't 3 hourse of my life back :p

speaking of Warburton, Open Season 2 came out recently.. and I don't recall the original getting stellar reviews... 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 13th, 2009, 6:25 pm

Please don't cancel my registration to this forum but I have to admit that I did enjoy the original. I don't think it's absolutely awesome but at least it offered what it's trailer promised. I personally think that it fractures fairytales much better than what the original Shrek promised in its trailer.

Sure by the time it came out the whole fractured fairytale thing was overdone. But I enjoyed it and it didn't leave a nasty taste in my mouth like Shrek did.

I'm looking forward to seeing the sequel. Is it a straight to home video release or is it getting a thetraical release.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 13th, 2009, 7:00 pm

Straight to video, hence the cover art. That's a issue in itself though, it's only coming to DVD and not Blu, which I think is narrow minded since it's new and the original was made available for HD. What if I actually like the sequel!?

Heh, we wouldn't boot anyone for having different taste, if that was so I would've been gone day one! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 14th, 2009, 1:08 am

I thought it might be straight to DVD because of the cover art. Maybe I will give it a miss. I have avoided them ever since Lion King 2 bored me senseless.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 14th, 2009, 9:37 am

The trailer for Happily N'Ever After 2: Snow White - Another Bite @ the Apple - I guess that really is the actual title - is at the film's official website.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 14th, 2009, 2:20 pm

Well, on the trailer it's labeled "at" so anyones guess. @ - just wow!

K, the trailer didn't do much for, but it doesn't look that bad. I'm very intrigued by the villain, I love her design and I know that voice! At first I thought it was Susanne Blakeslee, judging by that "ha ha ha" though when she says "that's enough poofing" totally doesn't match up. Snowy's voice, not much to go bye, but it sounds a little like Cinderella. I love how the trailer repeats itself, not even giving the option to replay or not.

There's potential right there for a third outing; Sleeping Beauty! Beauty Vs. the Spinning Wheel! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 14th, 2009, 2:55 pm

Oh my gosh,I stopped it in the middle,I couldn't watch anymore.
I whould love to stop them before another sequel.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 14th, 2009, 3:56 pm

Daniel wrote:Snowy's voice, not much to go bye, but it sounds a little like Cinderella.
Looking at the DVD cover, I wondered if Selma Blair was the voice of Snow White, since there is somewhat of a resemblance. After seeing the trailer, though, I'm 99.9% sure my guess was incorrect.

I wonder how many actors from Happily N'Ever After returned for Another Bite at the Apple. The promotional materials for the sequel don't advertise the voice cast like ones for its predecessor did.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » February 16th, 2009, 3:34 pm

I found this movie pretty decent for a CG film...I dont know who mentioned this as this movie originally being a hand-drawn film but however they were right. This movie was to be a hand-drawn film but however was changed due to the raise of computer animation....I found these test drawings of the movie before it was changed to a CG film....

Thank goodness for the internet.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 17th, 2009, 6:05 pm

I probably mentioned it was hand drawn (I know I did in my review).

I actually saw some very nice press materials a couple of years before release that were traditionally drawn and looked pretty neat, my thinking that an animated spoof actually animated IN the same style could actually be something clever and cool.

Unfortunately, they went the CG route, which zapped the magic out of the characters and put a studio that hadn't animated CG on that level under pressure, and the result was a mess. Two years later, Disney came along with Enchanted, which did exactly in its opening minutes what Happily should have done.