Open Season

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Open Season 2 on BD

Post by Ben » February 21st, 2009, 2:35 pm

Breaking my own rules here (you can tell me off Dan!) but did a quick search and couldn't find a dedicated thread even though I know we've been talking about this.

The basics: was in a huge store yesterday and saw Open Season 2 on Blu-ray Disc. Yep, it was a UK/Region B disc, but the fact is has been released means a US/RA edition is more of a likelihood.

Why they only issued it on DVD is a mystery, but it could be that a double pack with Open Season and Open Season 2 is inevitable for the future.

Anyway, those thinking about picking up the DVD...a Blu-ray <I>is</I> out there and probably coming to the US too, so hold out (you know you can)! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 21st, 2009, 3:08 pm

I hate to break this to ya, buddy, but the Blu-ray *did* come out the same time as the DVD. Or am I missing something?

http://www.amazon.com/Open-Season-Blu-r ... 794&sr=1-2

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 21st, 2009, 3:11 pm

No, I even posted the Blu cover in our original thread and can confirm the Blu does exist since I own it! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Aaron_03 » February 21st, 2009, 4:33 pm

I'm going to wait and hope for a package for blu-ray.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 22nd, 2009, 4:13 pm

Woah! Did I ever miss the boat on that then! :shock:

I was sure that the specs only listed SD DVD and that we had some comments here about Open Season 2 coming out but that it was only on DVD. I thought it was Dan who even said what was the point of that since it was made by BD creators Sony and most certainly made with hi-def in mind.

Wow...maybe I dreamed the whole thing!? But I just remember being in the store the other day and seeing it on BD and thinking that I should let you guys know.

What the heck was I thinking? Thanks for the update! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 22nd, 2009, 4:19 pm

Maybe you got it confused with Happily Never After 2? That one is only coming to DVD and I did make fuss about it. Still miffed, actually. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 22nd, 2009, 4:39 pm

Yep...must be that. My mind playing tricks!

Still...at least we now have an Open Season 2 thread...whooooooop! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » February 22nd, 2009, 4:44 pm

HA HA HA!! Good save! :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 23rd, 2010, 8:49 pm

Here's the cover art for the third movie:

For what it's worth, I actually liked 2 over the original... animation withstanding! It was just more "fun" and it was nice getting more Mr. Weenie. The new voices were OK, but I never thought I would say this... I miss Patrick Warburton. His sound-alike was awful! Hope he's improved or they got someone else. You think with Patrick popping up all the time he would've come back for these DTV's.

American_dog_2008

Re: Open Season

Post by American_dog_2008 » December 24th, 2010, 5:03 am

I think it was an OK sequel too.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 7th, 2016, 12:35 am

Bumping this thread as the fourth film comes out on Tuesday.

And if no one has seen it yet, here's the news piece I've put together from last week's press day event at the Sony Pictures Animation studio. 8)

http://animatedviews.com/2016/open-seas ... niversary/

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 18th, 2016, 4:31 pm

I won't lie. I feel a little bad about this review...

http://animatedviews.com/2016/open-season-scared-silly/
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 18th, 2016, 7:56 pm

What's interesting was that there were a couple of us at the press event who didn't bring kids along. One made an interesting observation that we probably liked the film because we were watching it with kids, who certainly had a good time (Mr. Weenie's operetta brought the house down).

I might have to watch the film again to be sure, but in retrospect I do pick up on some of your criticisms, particularly how it probably would have been better served as a Halloween special as opposed to a full length feature.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 18th, 2016, 8:52 pm

I do think that kids will enjoy it, which is why I gave it a 5 as opposed to a 4. They are ultimately the target audience for this thing. But at the same time, those kids also deserve better.

As a sidenote, it's also curious that Sony is releasing something that is clearly intended as a Halloween movie in March.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 20th, 2023, 4:33 pm

Open Season is back... as a TV series: (Only in Canada currently)

Theme:

Yeah...