Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » February 23rd, 2009, 1:49 am

No award to Bolt?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » February 23rd, 2009, 11:29 pm

omg it's Charlie puppy!!! :shock:

I totally remember that! It's so old..... Perhaps I'll make a new one.

And no, my dog is brown (very similar to Charlie's colors, actually). But he totally has Bolt's head. ^___^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 6th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Here's a preview of the DVD/BD! Looks cool, but... "Princess Protection Program"? The heck!? I'm hoping it's just an advertisement for a new toy line, (even if that sounds just as ridiculous) but I worry it's a new DTV. Oh Disney, how you milk these Princesses. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » March 6th, 2009, 8:58 pm

I'm surprised not more people know what it is. :P

It's an upcoming Disney Channel Movie where Demi Lovato is a princess who must go under the witness protection program.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 6th, 2009, 9:01 pm

Ah... that still sounds kind of lame. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » March 6th, 2009, 9:02 pm

Never said it didn't! :)
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 7th, 2009, 4:15 am

Thanks Daniel :D no no,Princess Protection Porgram is a Disney Channel movie with Demi Lovato as a princess called Rosalinda,it has nothing to do with the Disney Princess line.
And how do you know if it's the old teaser? I don't see them saying that and even the logo doesn't mean it's the old one.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 7th, 2009, 3:20 pm

From the thread I linked to:
lighthousemike wrote:The Princes and The Frog trailer here is the old one
So yes, Mike did say so. ;)

Anywho, he posted some pics of the BD menus! And further down, pics of the packaging... no slipcover!? Gasp!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » March 7th, 2009, 4:45 pm

I didnt enjoy the movie that much....I think it wouldve been an amazing cartoon if John Lasseter didnt mess it up and turned into a clone of "Toy Story". I was mad when he got Chris Sanders off the set :x

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Julian Carter » March 11th, 2009, 5:10 pm

But we've also had a number of Disney Animation employees who've chimed in here and there on the web reassuring fans that the Sanders version of the film was "a mess". I seem to recall such comments expressed on Cartoon Brew, for example.

Wonder if Sullivan could clarify and put the issue to rest?

Pretty please?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 11th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Hello Julian, nice to finally meet you! Welcome. :)

Yeah, I doubt Sully will, but that's just my hunch.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » March 11th, 2009, 5:20 pm

I've heard two sides to this story:

Side A) Lasseter came in and on a tour-de-force decided the film was more style than substance and (possibly due to existing prejudices due to his alleged dislike of "Lilo & Stitch") insisted Sanders make some changes or leave the project. The film truly wasn't that bad, and so Sanders left not wanting to work on an altered version of his idea. On this side, people stick up for Sanders and say he was a victim.

Side B) Lasseter offered some suggestions kindly, but Sanders was headstrong and didn't want to change a single thing - and due to his stubbornness was booted off the project. On this side, people say Sanders got what was coming to him and Lasseter wasn't out of line.

I've heard both these versions from supposed 'insiders'. I'd like to hear the true account one day...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Julian Carter » March 11th, 2009, 5:35 pm

Dan wrote:Hello Julian, nice to finally meet you! Welcome.
Thanks! :D

I'm usually on UD, as is Neal up here ... but I don't know why I didn't sign up here sooner! It was a case of always-checking-out-the-main-page-but-forgetting-to-click-"forum".
Neal wrote:I've heard both these versions from supposed 'insiders'.
If information accuracy wavers from sources within WDAS then I doubt we'll ever get to know the real picture. :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 11th, 2009, 6:39 pm

Welcome! We're always happy to see people from other forums join us...and we try to keep them a little more pleasant than how some of the more vigorous "fan boys" can get sometimes!

I think a <I>lot</I> more has been read into the Lasseter/Sanders "feud" than could ever have happened. Directors come and go on projects all the time...I think again the thing that happened here was that it occurred in "public" and at a time of great change at the Disney Studios.

The bottom line seems to be: Lasseter needed his first bona fide Disney project not to be an embarrassment and made the changes he felt were best to make sure the film would go out and deliver the substance over style. While an animated movie can look great - jaw dropping in fact - they also need to bring home the bacon, and whatever went on during those events, the eventual film <I>has</I> brought Disney back from the brink and its first major commercial and artistic hit in quite a few years now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 13th, 2009, 8:18 am

Thanks for posting,Daniel :D I didn't noticed that.
Anyway I have finally seen Bolt,it's a great movie and this and The Lion King are the best Disney Animale movies,it's really like the old Disney films,the animation and espically the parts that looked like a drawing were amazing :D but about the end (Spoilers):
In the end Penny and Bolt left the show? and that's why Penny's character's face was changed? because it's a bad idea,they should had Bolt still on the show only he had more freedom
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]