Sci-Fi Channel becomes SyFy

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Sci-Fi Channel becomes SyFy

Post by GeorgeC » March 16th, 2009, 11:49 am

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /index.htm

Phonetically the same lame channel it's been for the better part of a decade now.

Still beats out Cartoon Network as amongst the worst programmed, most mismanaged cable networks out there.

Nobody-in-charge seriously knows what to do with the Sci-Fi Channel anymore...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 16th, 2009, 12:39 pm

Or TV Land! ;)

Wow, that has got be the lamest name change ever. Funny topic to bring up in real life though!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 16th, 2009, 1:11 pm

Sorry,

But I HAVE to bring this stuff up...

It's MY PURPOSE on this board! (Yeah, and if you believe that, I have cheap swampland to sell you in Florida!)

Seriously though, the Internet section of the bulletin boards would be dead if I didn't bring something up that amused me and didn't seem to belong anywhere else!

The name change, though... Again, LAME!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 16th, 2009, 2:54 pm

Forget the name..."Imagine Greater"!??!????

Whoa, that <I>sucks</I>!

And as for the "broadens perceptions and embraces a wider and more diverse range of imagination-based entertainment" bit...hasn't Sci-Fi been doing that for a good few years now anyway?

At least on the UK edition of the channel, I was amazed to find a soft-core adult movie playing the other night...its one tie being that it must have been an "imagination-based" offering, though I didn't stick around that long enough to find out! :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 16th, 2009, 4:56 pm

The sad part of this is that Sci-Fi used to be a good channel. It's where I discovered the original Battlestar Galactica, The Incredible Hulk and Tales From The Crypt (which was edited from the original HBO version, but still enjoyable despite that). As well, when I first discovered anime, I used to be able to watch movies and OAVs on Sci-Fi every week, commercialized but uncut as far as I could tell. It's a shame it had to go downhill.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » March 18th, 2009, 12:38 pm

I've never once subscribed to a service which had the channel, but...

Oh for pity's sake. This branding looks like some new pharmaceutical development.

Well, whatever their diminished channel content hopefully they'll keep up with interludes such as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lWwx9VenQk

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 18th, 2009, 10:29 pm

Good grief, that logo looks awful. Their original one was so much better. And actually made sense.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 19th, 2009, 4:15 am

Hey, it can't get any worse than it already is, can it?

SILENCE......

Yeah, that's what I thought! :cry: