The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 22nd, 2009, 1:35 pm

I guess that Malodnia is a place like Agrabah,but still about Anika's comment,Oprah is another prove that there's nothing racist about this movie.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by cboy666 » March 28th, 2009, 2:50 pm

Here's some new info:

http://oscartour.animationblogspot.com/ ... ks-off-at- disney/
According to this first source:
-The short premiering in front of "The Princess and The Frog" will be "Tic Tock".
-"The Ballad of Nessie" has been delayed due to the fact that the majority of 2D animators are working on Princess.

http://bri-chan.deviantart.com/
According to the second source:
-Dr. Faciller has a song. She later responds to comments and states that the sequence had fantastic visuals and that it was creepy.
"In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » March 28th, 2009, 3:23 pm

also some interesting bits on Rapunzel.

I'm more confident each day we'll get a glimpse of the good ole days over the next few years. I mean, heroes, princesses, creepy over-the-top villains, fairytales, Alan friggin' Menken. What's not to love here? I wish I could take a glimpse inside Walt Disney Animation Studios. I'd probaply die of excitement. God I'm a nerd.

Both The Princess and the Frog and Rapunzel are gonna blow audiences away I think. I seriously can't wait.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 30th, 2009, 8:28 am

A short before the movie? this is a Disney movie,not a Pixar movie,but the villain song sounds great :D another new villain.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 30th, 2009, 10:55 am

Once, Disney movies <I>always</I> used to have a short on the front of them, long before Pixar came along. This is a return to that...have you already forgotten that Meet The Robinsons had a short on it, and that some of the recent live-action films have had new cartoons placed with them?

Since animated films are usually shorter than two-hour plus live-action features, I always felt a short was a good way to get an audience in the mood and provide a little more value for money, while also of course giving the artists a chance to experiment and make their mark.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EHH123 » March 30th, 2009, 2:31 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 31st, 2009, 6:34 am

Hello EHH123 (wanna share the secret behind that moniker?) and welcome to our rag-tag band of merry board posters.

Thanks for the link, too! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EHH123 » April 2nd, 2009, 11:44 am

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/showestnews.php?id=54145
Wouldn't that be your first reaction to a talking frog? :lol: Still, I like that Ron and John wanted to get straight to the point. This scene must be about 5-10 minutes long and Tania went from meeting to (reluctantly) kissing the prince. Looks like we will be seeing the two main characters as amphibians for a big part of the film.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 22nd, 2009, 8:03 pm

Another new Blog entry from D23, of particular interest this little tidbit:
The Princess and the Frog is our first 2D, or hand-drawn, movie in about four years. For this film, we brought back a small unit of the cream of the crop of animation artists. From the heart, I'm telling you, this is the best movie I've ever worked on. The look, the storyline and the quality are beyond classic.
Wow!

Also, no-one has brought it up yet, but TPaTF got a little logo update. Check it out here. It's not that different from the original, just more bold and cartoony looking, but it's OK, I'll just have to get used it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by sjwatsi » April 24th, 2009, 9:30 pm

Theres more emphasis on the frog there. It does give it a different feeling and i guess suggests the cartoony\comedy elements.
It's okay.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 28th, 2009, 5:02 pm

Neat little article on Princess and the Frog. In it, it reveals a few more details about the plot and more on Tiana's background.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 30th, 2009, 3:25 pm

Another logo update:

Now that's nice! Certanly above that cartoony one I posted previously. Only complaint is it looks too much like other titles, (The Princess Diaries, The Princess Bride) all of which funny enough have "Princess" in the title.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 1st, 2009, 12:05 pm

And here it be again, this time on the cover art for "The Art of The Princess and the Frog" book:

Pretty!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 1st, 2009, 12:30 pm

Arrrr, lad! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » May 1st, 2009, 1:28 pm

Gosh,that's beautiful cover :D about the new logo-The "Princess" is like the logos of those films,the "Frog" looks like someone who got bored at school draw this.