Roger Rabbit Sequel?

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 29th, 2009, 9:46 pm

Darned stupid internet...the video won't play outside the US.

Intriguing indeed...my guess is that CG will play a big part, like in a major character role. I can't see Roger and the gang being done with performance capture, but perhaps they'll be toon shaded models. However, a new villain, or just the capabilities of moving things around "on set" (to be added in later) would free up production time. Even if all the animation was still hand drawn, the amount of props the characters could pick up would be much easier to pull off (as long as you weren't a CG roto artist!)...

Seems to make sense, though. Having broken all the rules in live-action, and found his toys, Bob Z wants to try again and see if he can break them all over again with "animation". And being back at Disney's can't have helped but sparked some people's minds..."oh yeah, what did he do here again? Roger Rabbit? Ahhhh..."

Already I have shivers, but they're not all good ones. Seems all the old movies making a comeback have turned out to be pretty bad. And while this would no doubt be state of the art technologically, those very same tools could rip away what made the first so special. It's a one off that can't be repeated, though I know like a bad car crash we'll all want to see them try.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » April 30th, 2009, 4:11 am

I would love a RR sequel too!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 30th, 2009, 7:19 am

FWIW, Ben .. the video clip is very short (41 seconds), and literally everything that is said by both Zemeckis and the Mtv-guy is transcribed within the article.

It's certainly not a 'formal' interview situation, though. Basically, Zemeckis is strolling the media line at a 'red-carpet' event of some sort, and seems to make the Roger Rabbit comment almost off-handedly (and then appears to immediately regret having done so, based on the Mtv-guy's obviously 'over-excited' reaction at encountering such 'exclusive' info). :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 30th, 2009, 11:04 am

droosan wrote:It's certainly not a 'formal' interview situation, though. Basically, Zemeckis is strolling the media line at a 'red-carpet' event of some sort, and seems to make the Roger Rabbit comment almost off-handedly (and then appears to immediately regret having done so, based on the Mtv-guy's obviously 'over-excited' reaction at encountering such 'exclusive' info). :roll:
I take it in the same sense as Johnny Depp saying he'd "like to do" a Pirates 4, and fans immediately interpreting this as script-completed and studio-greenlit--
Yeah, and I'd "like to" take a six month cruise, but I don't think anyone's going to buy me a first-class cabin. :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 30th, 2009, 11:24 am

Thanks Droo. You'd think the MTV guy would be smarter than to start drooling!

Eric...I'd buy you a first class cabin, but I won't say where you're going...!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » April 30th, 2009, 11:29 am

I need to tell my brother and a few of my friends about this, it might sound promising.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Roger Rabbit 2 back in the works!

Post by gaastra » April 30th, 2009, 3:57 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 30th, 2009, 4:45 pm

Hey says yes in this thread too, so...merging! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » April 30th, 2009, 5:25 pm

I haven't seen the first one, yet. I have the Vista series DVD, but haven't had time to enjoy it yet.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 30th, 2009, 6:23 pm

Get off the net. Now. Grab some popcorn. And enjoy. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » April 30th, 2009, 10:16 pm

Seriously Neal, you're missing out. Go watch it NOW!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 1st, 2009, 5:46 am

And make sure you're watching the Disc Two version!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » May 1st, 2009, 8:13 am

I'll watch it tonight, since it's a Friday night and I can just relax and enjoy it.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 1st, 2009, 12:03 pm

Ben wrote:Darned stupid internet...the video won't play outside the US.
How about this?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 1st, 2009, 12:33 pm

Arf, arf...nice try, but AWN are obviously embedding the MTV code for their own site! After the commercial played, and I waited in hope, I got the same "MTV content can't be played outside the US for copyright reasons".

But thanks for trying...though I get the gist. :)