Official VIDEO GAMES discussion

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » December 27th, 2008, 10:41 pm

For any PC gamers in our midst, Valve's Steam service is having a dynamite year-end sale on a truck load of games.

Bioshock for $5, an id Software super pack for $34, and so much more:

http://store.steampowered.com/holidaysale

In other video game news, I got back in the old swing of things towards the end of 2008 and devoted over 90 hours to the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The world was so open and inviting, before trying to focus on the main quest and "beat the game" I spent a good 60 some hours just exploring and fulfilling non-critical quests. Buggy title, but really solid otherwise and what faults it has I think can be excused for its ambitious world. I'm looking forward to trying the developer's more recent offering in Fallout 3.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » January 19th, 2009, 2:27 pm

Good news fans of Rareware....Banjo-kazooie are getting a new game and 5 games are into the making

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/0 ... e-soon.htm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » January 19th, 2009, 3:00 pm

Oh ... my. It's a Pokemon MMO: http://pokeglobal.org/

I don't know what's more surprising-- the fact it exists or that Nintendo hasn't done it yet.

And while it's on my mind, it's probably worth referencing again this ol' Escapist article for the Pokemon apologists.
The problem lies in the Tao of Pikachu. Pokémon became so much more than a game. It became one of those ludicrous kids' phenomena, a Tickle-Me Harry Potter that inspired media hype and religious hate across all boundaries and creeds, that its soul - one man's dream encapsulated in a Game Boy cart - was forgotten.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » January 20th, 2009, 3:34 am

Arg, CURSE you for posting that link!

I have a feeling I may end up wasting several hours of my life on that first site... :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » February 19th, 2009, 2:05 pm

Anyone up for this game?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » February 19th, 2009, 4:32 pm

Psh, I'm not putting my lips on that. I am, however, certain the reason I game predominantly on the PC today is due entirely to the solid one-two punch of Full Throttle and Total Annihilation.

You might enjoy this stand-alone "movie" version of the game: http://www.gamershell.com/news_27175.html

8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » February 19th, 2009, 5:37 pm

Full throttle is one of the games that needs a sequel and a movie...I even heard rumor that Rare is doing a new conker game.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » March 5th, 2009, 3:41 pm

Are there anyone fans of Classic adventure games like Sam and Max or Monkey Island? Because I heard a new LSL game is coming to town.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » April 10th, 2009, 3:12 pm

This info on the upcoming Red Faction 2 is actually old news in the gaming sphere but here's the back story for AN&V forumites :)

The image above was posted on NeoGAF and the members started nitpicking as nerds always do and posted the following image to mock the shape of the hammer

The creators of the game then released this:

(NSFW - Language)
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/01/not-a ... ch-hammer/
Well met, good sirs. 8)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » April 28th, 2009, 10:28 am

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 confirmed for XBox Live and PSN!

Marvel.com released the trailer for the game last night...

This will be the first time in years that the game will be officially available for sale. As PS2 and XBox owners know, the game is difficult to find for either platform at any price below $45 USED. Dreamcast owners had the best version since it was developed from an arcade game that used basically the same hardware but with more memory.

The new edition of the game has been confirmed as having online play and achievement points in addition to remixed and original soundtrack options. It will be available on both systems for download some time during the summer. Rumors suggest a launch in July. It will retail for $15 on both systems.

There have also been rumors about possible collections or releases of the other Capcom Marvel as these are high in-demand games. 4 of the fighters, X-Men: COTA, X-Men Vs. SF, aMarvel Vs. SF, and Marvel Vs. Capcom 1, ever had quality home releases with the former 3 on the Sega Saturn and Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 being on Sega Dreamcast. PS1 ports of the games were inferior and featured huge cuts in animation, dropping of tagteam options for reduced loading/faster access speeds, and slower overall game speed. The Marvel Super Heroes: Infinity Gems fighter game was awful on both Saturn and PS1. Rumors suggest a collection of the 5 previous Capcom Marvel features on a single disc (most likely) or as online downloads (unlikely). There have also been rumors over the years of a Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 in development but this has failed to materialize in light of Capcom's previous lapse of its licensing arrangement with Marvel and lower fighter sales previous to Street Fighter IV's revitalization of the fighting game genre...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Aaron_03 » May 3rd, 2009, 11:49 pm

Does anyone have a Xbox 360?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » May 4th, 2009, 3:28 pm

My older brother has one... What about it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » May 12th, 2009, 9:22 pm

Not that you can't just crack 'em open yourself and view what's inside, but hey~ X-rays of video game hardware:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

via Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ravanderen ... 368940565/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ribbedebie » June 20th, 2009, 7:05 am

Oh man, I love video games... especially Nintendo and things made by Rare. =D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Aaron_03 » June 20th, 2009, 8:25 pm

I might be selling my

Xbox 360 and Sony BDF S350 Blu-ray

for a Sony Ps3.

I think it's better to have the Blu-ray player built in a console so it can update automatically.