The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Locall » May 10th, 2009, 4:05 pm

I think the beginning of the trailer with the older classics was a great idea, but as some of you already said it was a bit weird they didn't show any of the older classics from when Walt was still alive.
The trailer itself gives me mixed feelings, the character art of the frogs looks too simple imo, I'm really a sucker for eye-candy and the frogs certainly aren't :p
The rest of the film looks amazing, but the part where Naveen is standing on a boat waving at the people looks a bit cheap... don't know if anyone agrees with me, cuz the rest of the trailers animation looks really smooth and polished :D :D
I certainly can't wait for the film, the crocodile looks like so much fun, the villain looks like a Disney villain should look like, and the painterly special effects are awesome!!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 10th, 2009, 4:58 pm

Everything about the Witch Doctor's design *screams* "Road to El Dorado" to me for some reason. Not sure why.

Also, I could be wrong about this, but...
They seem to briefly show you a clip from the ending! Or, at least, what *seems* to be the ending. Maybe my eyes were wrong, but I think that I barely made out Tiana and the Prince (as humans) in a wedding carriage together in one shot. I could be mistaken, though.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 10th, 2009, 5:08 pm

If anyone thinks that the "spoiler" is a shot of the film's potential ending...really, was it ever going to finish in any other way!?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Locall » May 10th, 2009, 5:10 pm

Ben wrote:If anyone thinks that the "spoiler" is a shot of the film's potential ending...really, was it ever going to finish in any other way!?
Exactly, the spoiler isn't IF it will happen but HOW it will happen

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 10th, 2009, 6:23 pm

Daniel wrote:That was so worth the wait, now to see fifty more times! ;)
Was what they showed on the Disney channel much different from the offical trailer?

OMG this movie looks like it is going to beautiful!!!! I really hope that the story and acting is just as good as the imagery looks. *watches teh trailer at least 5 times*

In one of the watersplashing sequences (with the vodoo woman) I swear the water looks like the water from the swan princess where she transforms. ^.~ This...

I get more excited for this movie every time I see something new.

*EDIT* I wanted to add some screen shots, if this post is too long let me know I just didn't want to repost*

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EHH123 » May 11th, 2009, 3:16 am

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/pr ... hefrog/hd/
They finally posted HD versions of the trailer! If you look at the trolley, you will see it is marked A113! Gotta love CalArts people.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » May 11th, 2009, 6:26 am

Can't wait to see the trailer in the cinema!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 11th, 2009, 12:10 pm

Heh, geeze, that really is littered with spoilers isn't it? :)

Anyway, I look forward to this! Really excited to see 2-D on the big screen again. I have my problems with it of course (mainly the female frog's horribly bland design) but it should be fun.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jake » May 11th, 2009, 3:36 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 11th, 2009, 4:23 pm

Here's a direct link in case anyone can't view Jake's post... nice poster. I love the blue hues, very enchanting. Now that would make an awesome cover for the BD! ;)
Foxtale wrote:Was what they showed on the Disney channel much different from the offical trailer?
Nope, it was exactly the same. Pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

Edit - k, now I can see the image, (won't make up its mind for me) but it's a tad big so I hid it. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » May 11th, 2009, 5:15 pm

I can't see the image Jake posted or the link that Daniel posted. Is it the upcoming poster for the movie?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 11th, 2009, 6:03 pm

Yep, it's simply georgious.

Looks like the link is dead now, luckily it's still in my browsing history so I uploaded it here. Let me know if that works. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » May 11th, 2009, 9:44 pm

I gotta love the poster....it says it all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » May 12th, 2009, 3:54 am

Is this for real? anyway it's a really pretty poster :D.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » May 12th, 2009, 8:46 am

It looks offical Once, but Im just amazed how it says it all.