Which videogame would you like to see as a (animated) movie?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Which videogame would you like to see as a (animated) movie?

Post by ribbedebie » May 31st, 2009, 8:18 am

Just a 'which' question... WITH BETTER ENGLISH (referring to my horrible English when I first joined this board, har har)

I personally would like to see a new Mario movie... Animated. Youtube the intro for the newer Mario Tennis/golf intros. That'll show ya what I mean. :)

I would think it would be awesome if they made Donkey Kong Country a movie... but since Rare(the guys who made DKC) is with Microsoft now, I doubt that'll happen.
I mean, ever heard the MUSIC! that game still has one of the most amazing soundtracks to date IMO

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Tyler_Legrand » May 31st, 2009, 8:28 am

Half Life? (Make the main hero an actual mute, it would be awesome.)

Earthworm Jim?

Any of the great SCUMM games? (Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, etc.)

Warcraft? Oh wait, never mind.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » May 31st, 2009, 8:42 am

I would love Starfox Adventures or Pooyan!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 31st, 2009, 9:23 am

There was already a DTV Donky Kong Country movie (though I think it was vhs only) and a tv series to go with it. I'd love to see an animated Legend of Zelda movie.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » May 31st, 2009, 9:43 am

Yeah and the Donkey Kong series was rather poor, too.

I'd personally like to see a Sonic the Hedgehog animated film that followed the events in the Sat Am television series.

I'm not much of a gamer, so my knowledge is mainly restricted to the more famous ones. I would like to see a Super Mario feature film done right, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » May 31st, 2009, 9:53 am

An earthworm Jim movie is into the works from what I heard, even a Halo movie. As for video games based on movies I would like to see

An R rated movie of Conker's bad fur day.

Full throttle and Monkey Island would work out as animated movies.

Btw...Me and a friend of mine are trying to pull off a Leisure Suit Larry movie as an R rated film. But were trying to get the rights at the moment....

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 31st, 2009, 11:30 am

The "Halo" movie was canned ages ago, OGB. From my understanding, the budget got out of control.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » May 31st, 2009, 1:22 pm

Despite that it disappointments me I would like to see a Halo movie thats animated...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Trusted Vizier » May 31st, 2009, 3:25 pm

A "Full Throttle" movie would be interesting to see, as would a movie based on the first game in the "Gabriel Knight" series. Somehow, I think that the classic adventure games would lend themselves particularly well to the animated medium.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sunday » May 31st, 2009, 5:02 pm

I'd love to see a cartoonish Final Fantasy film patterned after the series roots or the incredibly vibrant, whimsical Final Fantasy IX. None of this ghost & Geia psuedo science or rock-rage rubbish surrounding androgynous, angsty male leads and their fetish for clothing accessories. And buckles. Lots and lots of buckles.

I can smell the hair gel from here.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GRUNT » June 1st, 2009, 3:05 am

Tyler_Legrand wrote: Any of the great SCUMM games? (Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, etc.)
Ooooooh, seconded - those would make fantastic feature-length cartoons :].

Still, the visual style is already so fitting, and many of the 'cutscenes' in the game are so cinematic to begin with that I'm not too sure how much a feature-length treatment would do :P.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Tyler_Legrand » June 1st, 2009, 6:04 am

Make them sequels or prequels instead.

I'm almost sure that would actually be cheaper than doing another high-budget adventure in these times.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 1st, 2009, 7:39 am

I'd love to see a TV series adapting the two Lunar games (Silver Star Story and Eternal Blue). Another case of tantilizingly cinematic cutscenes. Also, it's not animated, but a couple of independent filmmakers are adapting one of the Myst novels into a film with the official approval of Cyan Worlds. Check out the blog: mystmovie.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by OriginalGagBonkers » June 19th, 2009, 12:50 pm

How about this guy? I cant believe nobody mentioned him....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 19th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Sunday wrote:I'd love to see a cartoonish Final Fantasy film patterned after the series roots or the incredibly vibrant, whimsical Final Fantasy IX. None of this ghost & Geia psuedo science or rock-rage rubbish surrounding androgynous, angsty male leads and their fetish for clothing accessories. And buckles. Lots and lots of buckles.
Would you take a REAL (as in no James Woods) Final Fantasy VII movie (as in "Squaresoft's apology")?:
http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Final_Fant ... n/70039530
(The original game recently resurfaced on Sony's PS3 network, and replaying it for the first time after ten years, I realized: "THIS was it? Little Lego characters?" :P

And don't know if it counts, but WHEN are we going to see a Marvel animated done with the live-model Mocap from the "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" cutscenes?