Chronicles of Narnia

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 20th, 2005, 9:02 am

When were they re-numbered?

I have paper-back printing boxed set from at least the mid-1970s, and Magician's Nephew was numbered one and is the way I've always read them.

I know that it wasn't the first one published, but since it was a prequel to LW&W and chronologically the first, they should have really started off with that. As I say though, they're playing safe by going with the one everyone knows.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Narnia action figures pictures!

Post by Jessie » June 4th, 2005, 4:59 pm

http://www.disneydatabase.com/forums/sh ... .php?t=382

That link has pics of Narnia action figures!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sh00tingstar » July 1st, 2005, 6:51 am

i saw the trailer, it looked incredible, and why all the comparisons?

It doesnt look like lotrs, wjat, just cos something is filmed in NZ its labelled a LOTRs rip off? please- by that logic LOTRs should have been a frightners rip off:S

It doesnt look like harry potter, there are no visable wizards or kids who look modern or harry like, geez, the soundtrack or trailer isnt reminicent of hp.

I think this movie will do well, people will go see it cos they read it as a kid, and it looks visually stunning and exciting, people are over the whole 'i wont go see it cos its a kiddie movie' thing, helllooooo shrek anyone? finding nemo anyone? madagascar anyone? King Kong is visably not a kids movie, its aimed a different audience- u cant compare them.
"When the stars fall I will lie awake..you're my shooting star

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 1st, 2005, 1:34 pm

I dunno if it's just the music in the trailer for this movie, but it gives me chills watching it. They sure make the trailer damned INTENSE.

I want to see this movie, yeah.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » July 2nd, 2005, 8:44 am

Yes it does have a lot in common with LotR due to the writers being from the same time and same genre, but the style and feel is different. This looks brighter and more colorful. Whereas LotR was often dark and realistic... a little depressing really. And I dont think it has a lot in common with Harry Potter at all... I know some people call it a Harry Potter rip off... don't know where they are coming from. Yes, it's also a fantasy with kids, but that's all they have in common.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 2nd, 2005, 2:41 pm

I don't see what it has to do with Harry Potter* much...but it does remind me of LOTR, 'cept more kid-friendly. Of course, it might be because they were both shot in New Zealand!

*14 more days, wee! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 5th, 2005, 2:13 pm

One word--meh. For me Bill Melendez's animated version is king.

IMO live-action just doesn't lend itself well to this story at all. It's an ANIMATED story through and through. I mean, ALL THOSE TALKING ANIMALS and sense of fantasy--how can you make it in anything BUT animation??

BTW, when I say animation I mean traditional, not CGI.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Narnia sountracks ordered on Amazon.com now!

Post by avdcd » September 13th, 2005, 10:07 pm

There're several soundtrack albums of the movie, CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE, on Amazon.com. All of these CDs can be pre-ordered now. However, on thses web pages, amazon.com has not provided details about these album yet.

Narnia [LIMITED EDITION]
released by Disney on Dec. 6 2005

Narnia

Narnia: Songs of Wonder

Of course, there's also the song album everyone's already known:
Music Inspired by the Chronicles of Narnia [ENHANCED] [SOUNDTRACK]
released by EMI on Sep. 27 2005

And, I also found an album named by this title, but I have no idea about it at all.
The Chronicles of Narnia
released by Silva America on Nov. 8 2005

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney NARNIA SOUNDTRACKS - Narnia Site Update

Post by JustinWilliams » October 16th, 2005, 3:07 pm

The Narnia website will soon show three albums due for relase on a splash screen before the site now loads and the dates of their release HERE You can also explore a whole new area - Mr TUMNUS' home which includes a lovely bookmark download :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 16th, 2005, 6:02 pm

Love that image of Lucy, the snow and the "Lamp-post".

Who's doing the Narnia music again?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 16th, 2005, 11:13 pm

Harry Gregson-Williams. For those unfamiliar with him, he has composed quite a number of scores for animated films: the Shrek films, Antz, The Prince of Egypt (additional music), The Tigger Movie, Chicken Run, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, Father of the Pride television series, Team America: World Police, and the upcoming Flushed Away.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Listen

Post by JustinWilliams » October 19th, 2005, 12:31 pm

There's an opportunity to preview Narnia's album 'Music Inspired by the Film' on Amazon.com's website and whilst there, why not do some background listening to the composer's other work?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 19th, 2005, 7:16 pm

I really liked his music for Fly Away Home. (the duck movie with Anna Paquin)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 19th, 2005, 7:59 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I really liked his music for Fly Away Home. (the duck movie with Anna Paquin)
I beleive they were geese, Vi. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney NARNIA SOUNDTRACKS - Narnia Site Update

Post by JustinWilliams » October 24th, 2005, 7:06 am

JustinWilliams wrote:The Narnia website will soon show three albums due for relase on a splash screen before the site now loads and the dates of their release HERE You can also explore a whole new area - Mr TUMNUS' home which includes a lovely bookmark download :)
The Snow Queen's area is now online via the map. ;)