The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 25th, 2009, 2:49 am

This was posted a few days ago on Cartoon Brew:

Featurette and new clips of the villain. :)

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/brewtv/princessandfrog.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » September 6th, 2009, 9:47 am

Thanks for posting that Shy. I really enjoyed that. From what we've seen so far my favorite character design has to be his. :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » September 9th, 2009, 3:36 am

Here's the new FULL theatrical trailer, you can also see it in full HD quality on yahoo movies:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » September 9th, 2009, 4:58 am

Thanks for the posting the new trailer. I would say it's one of the better trailers of recent times. It doesn't appear to give away the actual story like so many of the trailers do these days.

I love the extensive use of the songs in the trailers, it's helped alleviate some of my fears with the songs. I've never been that impressed with Randy's songs in past films and I really felt that this movie needed a more threatrical approach that his songs, but from the sounds of it he has really got that aspect down. Now all I have to do is get over my dislike of jazz music....the songs sound like they'll be very hummable.

Love the look of the film and wish it was 'holiday' season already.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » September 9th, 2009, 8:12 am

I really enjoyed the trailer. This one sold the musical aspect more and we get to see more of the story. It looks the villain is going to completely steal the show and I especially liked his song. In fact, I really liked all of the songs featured.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 9th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Wow, not one, but *two* flatulence jokes in that thing. Yippie.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Ne-Yo singing closing song

Post by cboy666 » September 9th, 2009, 3:40 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 087771e1f6 660364808d6997a93da2a7

Ne-yo's singing and writing the closing song.
"In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » September 9th, 2009, 4:06 pm

the one with the firefly amused me, because he was trying to squeeze his light on and the sound of the fart was so light you could barely hear anything. His chracater amuses me anyway.

But I did not get the exploding pants guy joke. I hope that joke is in context of something, because it looks lame.

Other than that, I love the music and the animation. Great stuff.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Locall » September 9th, 2009, 4:19 pm

the link doesn't work, and you don't even say of what movie he'll sing it :S
Lol, weirdo topic

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » September 9th, 2009, 4:44 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 97a93da2a7

He writes and sings the closing song to The Princess and the Frog.

This could easily merge with the Princess and the Frog discussion thread. If he does a ballad, I don't mind at all. An uptempo dance song wouldn't fit at all.

oh and of course this is a great marketing trick. His songs are always high on the charts. Instant free publicity.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » September 9th, 2009, 4:45 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 97a93da2a7

He writes and sings the closing song to The Princess and the Frog.

This could easily merge with the Princess and the Frog discussion thread. If he does a ballad, I don't mind at all. An uptempo dance song wouldn't fit at all.

oh and of course this is a great marketing trick. His songs are always high on the charts. Instant free publicity.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » September 9th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Hmm not sure of the news that Ne-Yo will be WRITING and performing the closing credit song. Not that I have anything against him personally but I was hoping for the song to be a End Credits version of one of the songs in the movie. If he is solely writing it, then that won't be the case. If he is co-writing it with Randy Newman then we have a better chance of that happening. But I doubt that will happen somehow.

I will have to say that one of the things I've been disappointed with in Disney over past few years is there choice of End Credit song/song used to publicise the movie. They seem determined to only have songs that will appeal to the Radio Disney crowd. Now normally that would mean Pop but at current standard American Pop appeals to kids under 10 as opposed to European Pop which is written for everyone to enjoy.

It started with Mulan and now every movie has a corny pop song. I didn't think the Ponyo song could be any more child friendly until I heard the English version. I would love Disney to go back to the days when they were releasing songs like Beauty And The Beast, Colours Of The Wind as lead singles from the soundtrack. Surely there is a mature song in the movie that can be used as the lead single.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by cboy666 » September 9th, 2009, 11:13 pm

sorry guys. I thought I had posted Ne-Yo singing the closing song in the princess and the frog thread. Guess I hit the New topic instead. :?

Anyways, with Ne-Yo writing the closing song, maybe none of the songs lend themselves to mainstream music. "Beauty and The Beast", "A whole new world", "Can you feel the love tonight", and "Colors of the wind", were all beautifully written songs that were able to work as ballads.
"In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » September 10th, 2009, 2:01 am

If by mainstream music you mean the ringtone crowd ;-) Just as long as he is writing a ballad not a lame upbeat jazz style number.

Not that I've heard it but I imagine that Tiana's song could be a potential crossover hit.

I still think Disney dropped the ball by using Ever Ever After to promote Enchanted. I honestly think So Close could have been a major crossover hit if it was promoted as one. But instead Disney used a Radio Disney styled song sang by a popular young artist to try and get a hit.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 10th, 2009, 11:52 am

But "So Close" was also a pretty depressing song. Not exactly the tone Disney wanted to use to market the film.

I actually think that the whole "making Carrie Underwood animated" thing was a stroke of genius. Showed people what to expect when it came to the live-action/animation aspect of the story.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."