Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » September 18th, 2009, 10:08 pm

Just saw it. Ok..first off, trailers do not do justice at all!
The movie, animation, storyline flowed perfectly well. Not to mention it is very different from any movie i have seen, Character acting wise. This movie is a must see. The action was thrilling, the relationships were thoughtful and it was hilarious all the way through! I was very impressed with the animation..really impressed. Awesome movie!
http://www.elioliart.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » September 18th, 2009, 10:12 pm

Don't put the cool shades on me. In fact I have seen it, and it was everything that I expected. Still certified fresh, and atleast its favorable on metacritic anyway. I'm not going to give away alot of details. To sum it all up, It was enagging, hilarious, and even if it didn't tug on your heart strings(and not all films have to have that in order to be good you know) it was a good time. And the audience agreed. Unless, you know, your too "chicken" to be watching a non- Pixar film. I heard its one of the best non- pixar films, or atleast to me, one of the best films to come out this year.

But seriously, why does everbody want to just completeley ignore that it might actually be a good film ,Sheesh. :roll: Other sis posting...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » September 18th, 2009, 11:26 pm

ELIOLI wrote:...But seriously, why does everbody want to just completeley ignore that it might actually be a good film ,Sheesh. :roll: Other sis posting...
I don't think anyone is. I just read the previous page again and of the few people that posted other than you two, no one out and out said it was going to bad. Some concerns, yes. But you seem to be over-defensive when I'd say most people here seem to be hoping for the best.

BTW - You can make two accounts! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 19th, 2009, 2:43 pm

ELIOLI wrote:please don't think of it as double posting. me and my sis switch places.
Can I suggest you take James' advice and split your account so that you and your sister have one each please?

It would be a lot less confusing to keep up, and not make it look like you might be arguing with yourself!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 19th, 2009, 4:24 pm

Saw it yesterday. It's VERY funny, and the animation is excellent. My advice is don't miss out on this movie. It's much better than you might think it is.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » September 19th, 2009, 5:47 pm

He he. Sorry Ben. Mabey we will try to keep both of our thoughts on one post. Sorry for the confusion. And we didn't me to be too defensive. I guess we really just wanted to see this film do well besides Pixar for once. And don't get me wrong, Pixar does their own thing extremely well. It's just good to see a film besides Pixar that is actually good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 22nd, 2009, 7:09 pm

And when one comes along, let me know. (Although MvA came close enough.)
But had to kill 90 minutes waiting for someone at the shopping mall, so--hoping they'd show the 3-D Toy Story trailer--I tried sitting through just the first hour, to see why it was getting so many danged good reviews.
Yeesh...The key word is "Tried to." >_<

Sorry, the trailers DO do it justice, in overbearingly hyperactive and unfunny non-Pixar "Human fly" humor:
Watching the first ten minutes (aww, he always wanted to be an inventor!), I sat there thinking, "Yes, I saw Meet the Robinsons in a theater, what's yer point??"
But you just can't copy the guitar riffs--It's certainly trying to replicate the "huggy" messages of a Pixar movie (I left just when they were exploiting Newscaster-Who-Looks-Sorta-Like-Ginormica's "message" about being a smart girl), but they seem artificially pasted onto Gen-Y slacker humor that doesn't know whether to sympathize with our spazzy dreamer or play him for loser-comedy.
I had to walk out early anyway, but BOY, was I ready to.

In fact, the whole thing felt like "What if David 'Chicken Little' Stainton had stayed on Meet the Robinsons, and John Lasseter hadn't been there to fix it?"
Oddly enough, we got a peanut-allergy joke here, too. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 22nd, 2009, 7:18 pm

Sorry, but any movie with a "meatier shower" is good for a laugh. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » September 22nd, 2009, 8:55 pm

Hh man, EricJ. That was pratically nothing like the movie. The rest of the animation film fans and critics would disagree. your opinion matters though. I thought it was opposite of what you think and I couldn't wait to see more. just wondering..but what is this reluctent feeling like"every movie is going to bomb except PIXAR so i should only have high expectations from them and no one else "feeling i get from alot of people. anyway...this movie was so refreshing from alot of movies this year. one of my most anticipated above Up. when me and my sis work in the movie industry God willing one day, I will put everything in a movie that will appeal to the masses,keeping it fresh(which this movie was) unique,funny,hyperactivefun.energetic,sentimental, and better than PIXAR one day. Then We will call you when we produce a better movie than PIXAR. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 22nd, 2009, 10:15 pm

ELIOLI wrote:when me and my sis work in the movie industry God willing one day, I will put everything in a movie that will appeal to the masses,keeping it fresh(which this movie was) unique,funny,hyperactivefun.energetic,sentimental, and better than PIXAR one day. Then We will call you when we produce a better movie than PIXAR. :)
Good--If you want to warm up, make a movie that's better than THIS one. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » September 22nd, 2009, 10:24 pm

Great! Mabey one day we will make one better than Up too for another warm up! :D
we have plenty of time to accumulate many great ideas before we graduate 2 years from now..out of highschool.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Tyler_Legrand » September 23rd, 2009, 11:13 am

Doesn't it grind yer gears that they generally picked out the duller face-on, symmetrical expressions frames for their promotional stills? The movie appears to be something quite else.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » September 23rd, 2009, 4:49 pm

I was a little surprised myself.. people can think how is this going to work?
animation can just wow people.
http://www.elioliart.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by The Zany Bishojo Evalana » October 29th, 2009, 9:58 am

I went to see it a couple of weeks ago, and then saw it again a couple of days ago, which is testament to how much I liked it, since I *never* see a movie in theaters twice.
I don't know what it is exactly about this movie, but I cannot remember a movie in recent times that I have needed so much to own, and not for any specific part, but for the entire thing. The writing, the animation, the voice cast, the visuals (yes, I had to buy the artbook), it all just works together so well.
The only thing that I didn't particularly care for was how the whole fathers and sons thing was kind of heavyhanded IMO.
[url=http://rabbithutchiscalling.blogspot.com][img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/evalana/sig_feet.png[/img][/url]

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » October 29th, 2009, 2:41 pm

Looks OK, but not a movie I hope to see win Oscars!