Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » October 29th, 2009, 8:25 pm

American_dog_2008 wrote:not a movie I hope to see win Oscars!
Agreed. I would hope that Astro Boy, Coraline, or Monsters Vs. Aliens would get a Best Animated Feature nom over this one.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » October 30th, 2009, 2:37 pm

I would rather see Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs win! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » October 30th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Let's be logical. Ice Age and Astro Boy (as much as I love the movies) most likely won't win. I would so love to see this movie win something and beat UP. Which is possible and there are many good reasons it should win. But that all lies in the hands of the academy. I wish they could get regular people to vote though. :( Coraline and Monsters vs. Aliens might all have a good chance as well!
http://www.elioliart.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » October 30th, 2009, 11:32 pm

My guess is that Up and The Princess & the Frog are the most likely contenders for the win. With so many more animated films than usual coming out this year, I can definitely see the line-up being extended to five slots, which would be:

Coraline
Ponyo
The Princess and the Frog
Up
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs or Fantastic Mr Fox (either one will take the other's spot. Cloudy appears to be quite widely loved, but early reviews from England for the latter are very positive. On the hand, Wes Anderson is a newbie with animation and it is animators voting here. Let's not forget that Anderson wasn't even on-set during filming. He wasn't even in the same country!)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » October 31st, 2009, 10:17 am

I totally forgot about Ponyo and Fantastic Mr. Fox! There has been a pretty good turnout for some movies this year that are good contenders. I sometimes wish you could all give them something.
http://www.elioliart.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 1st, 2009, 5:14 pm

Caught this a few days ago with some friends, and we all really enjoyed ourselves! Had a very interesting look to it, and some of the characters moved really well. More goofy than it was funny, I

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 1st, 2009, 5:20 pm

Caught this a few days ago with some friends, and we all really enjoyed ourselves! Had a very interesting look to it, and some of the characters moved really well. More goofy than it was funny, I think, but I was totally okay with that. It was nice to see an animated flick focus more on being fun than trying to bash noisy, unfunny jokes over our heads every two minutes. Might get this one on DVD, I'd like to watch it again a few times and study some more of the animation.

As far as an Oscar nom goes, I would be okay with this getting one...Definitely liked it a lot better than Monsters Vs Aliens, but not on the level of Up or Coraline. I'll have to wait and see how good Princess and the Frog is before I make a final judgement.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 1st, 2009, 9:45 pm

Hey, Meg, nice to see you posting here again! :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 2nd, 2009, 10:16 am

Thanks WJ! Nice to be back, I've been rather busy for the past few months. :)