Tangled (formerly Rapunzel)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 19th, 2009, 3:38 pm

*bangs hands on table anxiously* we want a teaser, we want a teaser....

lol :P

good to know that things are still progressing with the film at least. :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » November 20th, 2009, 4:55 am

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a teaser trailer attached to Princess and the Frog. Anyone have any info on that possibility? Otherwise it might take a while, possibly even untill Toy Story 3 premieres next summer!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 20th, 2009, 6:12 am

If they're smart, they'll trail it on TP&TF if only because they've got a captured audience. But they may not be that far down the line yet, given the different directions this one has been taking.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » November 20th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Ben wrote:If they're smart, they'll trail it on TP&TF if only because they've got a captured audience. But they may not be that far down the line yet, given the different directions this one has been taking.
If they have the movie up in boards and characters finalized then they could pick out key scenes and create some sort of visual color palette of the movie. Or, like they did for TPATP, make something specifically created for the teaser. I only hope they won't go for the comedy vibe too much and really push for the classic, lush, epic fairytale style. Sweeping vistas, epic shots of castles and high towers in lush forest environments with a longing young girl and an evil bitter witch.

To me Disney created it's best trailers around the Tarzan and Mulan era. Those were just awe-inspiring. No cheesy voice-overs or too much comic relief. Just awe inspiring and making your pulse racing!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 30th, 2009, 4:58 pm

Sadly no trailer for Rapunzel before Princess and the Frog.

robster- That trailer is awesome. Definately makes me want to see the movie again. :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » November 30th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Ugh, that sucks! I NEEEED some visuals, definitive designs, SOMETHING! At least we'll get visuals in the new annual year report that comes out mid january. I guess we won't get a trailer then untill Toy Story comes out...

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » December 1st, 2009, 1:20 pm

Disney's Tarzan, man those were days!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » December 10th, 2009, 2:45 pm

Rapunzel Casting news:

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Tony-winning actress Donna Murphy is joining Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi in "Rapunzel," Disney's animated movie version of the fairy tale.

Byron Howard and Nathan Greno ("Bolt") are directing the musical comedy, which reimagines the tale of the girl with the magic golden tresses.

The story centers on Rapunzel (voiced by Moore), who is kidnapped from her parents' castle as a child and locked in a hidden tower before escaping with the help of a bandit (Levi).

Murphy, working in animation for the first time, will voice Mother Gothel, the witch who keeps Rapunzel prisoner in a tower that has no doors or stairs.

Alan Menken is working on the music for the movie, which will be presented in 3D and released next year during the holiday season.

Murphy won Tonys as best actress in a musical for "Passion" and "The King and I," with other credits including "Wonderful Town" and "Lovemusik." Her screen appearances include "Spider-Man 2," "Star Trek: Insurrection" and "The Nanny Diaries," and she recently had a role opposite Eric McCormack in the TNT series "Trust Me."

source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091210/film_nm/us_murphy

Here's a youtube clip of Donna Murphy doing a piece of Stephen Sondheim's musical "Passion", which is also very fitting lyrics wise to Rapunzel funnily enough. After watching this I'm REAAAALLY excited about her being cast in the role of Mother Gothel:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » December 30th, 2009, 8:06 am

First official image of Rapunzel:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » December 30th, 2009, 10:54 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » December 30th, 2009, 11:20 am

Gosh...this looks incredible! Is it just me or does the Disney company make their skin look so fleshy and life likfe as opposed to PIXAR? Just a random observation. No hate ok?
http://www.elioliart.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » December 30th, 2009, 1:03 pm

ELIOLI wrote:Gosh...this looks incredible! Is it just me or does the Disney company make their skin look so fleshy and life likfe as opposed to PIXAR? Just a random observation. No hate ok?
I first noticed this during Bolt. The WDAS humans look a bit different from the Pixar humans.

But it's very noticeable here. Rapunzel and Flynn are some of the best looking CG humans I've ever seen. And they still feel cartoony enough to stand alongside the hand drawn Disney heroes. I'm curious to see what the backdrops will look like. If they're as beautiful as in the concept art, I think Rapunzel will be visually stunning.

For now, I'm intrigued.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 30th, 2009, 1:30 pm

That image is beautiful! It looks like an illustration from a storybook.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » December 30th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Thanks!

Now I'm waiting for the teaser!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » January 1st, 2010, 12:06 am

That image is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. I too now desperately await a teaser, and this is making me hope so much for the music of Menken. Definitely in the Top 2 animated movies I need to see this year. Thanks for sharing the image