Post by American_dog_2008 » August 1st, 2009, 4:11 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » August 1st, 2009, 5:04 pm

Eh. Nothing new we haven't seen before.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 3rd, 2009, 11:39 am

Wow! Way to go taking two clip art images from the previous films and adding a perfuctionary title treatment! Go DreamWorks!

That's not a teaser! That's just Donkey and Shrek (who looks like he's been ripped from the Shrek The Turd poster, sans crown) and a new title.

Poor. Very poor. And probably an early indication as to what the result will be. "Nothing new we haven't seen before", as Estefan said.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 4th, 2009, 9:14 am

That actually looks like it might be fake to my eyes. But I could be wrong.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 4th, 2009, 10:22 am

Not fake. The image is actually a few months old. I don't think it was meant for the general movie-going public like a regular poster. I think it was used when DW announced their upcoming slate of films. I actually used it back on our story about that and just cut out the logo since I assumed the image was not that big a deal.

http://www.animated-news.com/2009/dream ... ing-slate/

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 4th, 2009, 8:20 pm

Even the title treatment is not that big a deal! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 26th, 2009, 12:04 am

I just read an article, It's called "Shrek Forever After"

http://www.adanx.com/movienews/first-lo ... ver-after/

Article contains spoilers.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 26th, 2009, 12:53 am

No Shrek 5, eh? Well, thank goodness for that at least!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 26th, 2009, 10:21 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 26th, 2009, 11:11 am

Once Upon A Dream wrote:Almost every sequel or movie has villains who plots to get revenge at the heroes,that's not similar to Cinderella III.
It's traditional that the Finale usually involves "What if things HADN'T happened that way?", or at least some indication of where the characters would be if they hadn't met each other, just so we're not left wondering.

Which is a happy confirmation that Jeff may have got the message at last and this is the last one, as the original idea for the #4 was going to be another "This week's episode"--
Jeff may be even ending it on a cliche', but at least he's doing it. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » November 26th, 2009, 11:24 am

After the disappointment of part three, it'll be hard for me to take this one seriously, but I'll still see it for completeness's sake if nothing else.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » November 26th, 2009, 4:10 pm

I loved Shrek the Third.

No Shrek 5, but I can't wait for the Puss movie!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » November 26th, 2009, 7:05 pm

I think it would be an interesting idea for the Puss-in-Boots film, if they directly adapted the original story, but still had those Shrek-style jokes. They will probably make up their own original script, but I still think it would be fun if they went that route. I don't even remember Disney adapting the original Puss-in-Boots story.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 26th, 2009, 9:26 pm

Yeah no Shrek 5, maybe they couldn't think of a witting play on words for the the fifth title.

While I don't think the concept is all that original at least it might give the opporutinty for some characters to come back. eg We could see Farquaard return and Fairy Godmother return from the dead

I still have my fingers crossed that Artie makes an appearance, I know it's a minority thought but I thought he was one of the better characters in the third film.

Now hopefully Jeff Kat has ditched his ideas for all those Kung Fu Panda sequels as well.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 27th, 2009, 10:53 am

If a fifth Shrek was going to continue ripping off the Blackadder titles, then it would have been "The Shrek Five" since the un-made "The Blackadder Five" was going to be set in the 1960s and focus around Edmund's Beatle-like band.

It was funny, because when they changed the name from Shrek Goes Forth, I did wonder if that was because they wanted to warp things up, but leave it open ended for future specials or whatever. Looks like that was right, and Shrek Forever After is a good title to end on in many ways.

I just hope that Shrek Forever After goes out on a high instead of a lame finish. And I don't know about Jung Fu Pandas 3, 4, 5 and 6, but there's definitely a second one still coming, and the TV show.