"Walt Disney Treasures 2010"? - Disney Documentaries

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » August 25th, 2009, 3:43 pm

I read the frontpage Ben,

But it hasn't been updated since Monday last week.

Checked the blog link Jeremie posted and read it twice, but, again, I don't really get a sense of the kind of film this documentary is. No sense of tone. It's a very neutral preview of the film.

Best hopes for a wider release but most personal films still don't get them.... especially documentaries.

It'd be nice if this film made it onto PBS or TCM but I don't see that happening. It's a minor miracle we got anything for Chuck Jones this past year.

I got a chance to see Silly Dreamer at a free local gathering in Columbus but honestly didn't feel like that film was worth buying after that.

Worth a rental, yes. Is it something I want to see again? Not necessarily so...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 25th, 2009, 5:44 pm

George...front page was updated on Friday (17) and this past Monday (24). :)

Eric...the bitterness, the bitterness...it's actually getting boring. Lighten up or leave, please.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » August 25th, 2009, 5:56 pm

You're probably right, Ben, but I didn't see anything on the front page about this documentary in particular.

They are nice films but rarely the kind of thing I want to collect to be honest.

EDIT UPDATE:

Rechecking front page, and nope, the latest article date I see on Animated-News.com is Monday August 17th... It's the article about Ponyo.

That's what I'm seeing on my computer at this moment...

I rarely go to the Animated Views section. I use Animated-News.com as the FrontEnd lead-in to the forums.

That's probably where the confusion about updates is coming from.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 25th, 2009, 8:32 pm

Yes, Ben was referring to Animated Views.

This confusion over front pages will all be moot soon. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » August 26th, 2009, 3:18 am

I just hope these make it to DVD and don't end up in the bowels of the Disney Vault.

3 great Disney Documentaries in one year!
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 26th, 2009, 7:42 am

You need to refresh your view of Animated Views George! :)

Yep, Neal, we also had "The Age of Believing: The Disney Live Action Classics" in late December 2008, so that's four if you count that in too.

I'm hoping that we do see DVDs for all of these...as its likely the only way many people will get to see them.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 26th, 2009, 11:28 am

Neal wrote:I just hope these make it to DVD and don't end up in the bowels of the Disney Vault.
I'd even settle for them being the second disk on major features, like "The Pixar Story" was for Wall-E, just so long as we know where to find them. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » August 26th, 2009, 2:05 pm

Yeah, forgot about that one, despite it being on my DVR for months (finally needed those 2 hours of space back...)

I'm most interested in "Waking Sleeping Beauty." Hopefully one day I can attend a D23 Expo where I can see these types of premieres.

And a second disk would be an acceptable option

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 26th, 2009, 6:30 pm

I don't think there's any doubt that these will eventually turn up as supplements on specific discs, much like The Hand Behind The Mouse did.

I've already mentioned that there's a ton of South American material that could be collected with El Grupo to make a wonderful set, and all of these other films could easily be assigned to various releases, perhaps when they make Blu-ray?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Waking Sleeping Beauty

Post by ShyViolet » February 11th, 2010, 4:10 pm

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 11th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Nice. I'd love to see this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 23rd, 2010, 5:33 pm

Here is a somewhat interesting discussion on WSB.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/wakin ... ailer.html

Kirk Wise comments briefly at the bottom! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » February 23rd, 2010, 7:01 pm

Man I really want to see it. Sadly I won't be near NYC during its limited release. I really hope it is released on DVD.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 27th, 2010, 9:04 pm

This is the official website: (photos and clips)

http://www.wakingsleepingbeautymovie.com/index.html

Weird Tim Burton pic! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » February 27th, 2010, 10:36 pm

yay! Content on the website. :D Thanks for posting the update ShyViolet. :D

I'm confused though. On one page it says it is screening in New York on the 15th of April and on the next it say the 15th of March... big difference for me whether I could see it or not. On the Moma website it says March, so I guess that is correct. I wish that wasn't the second week of classes. :( I want to see it so bad.

Is there hope it will be released on DVD?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]