The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 15th, 2010, 2:17 pm

Yep...BD review will likely be in my hands. Just saw the film last week, but will hold off on my notes since the disc is so close now.

BTW...I didn't review Enchanted theatrically either! That was a DVD. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 15th, 2010, 9:34 pm

I just got some exciting news that Bruce W. Smith, the lead animator of Dr. Facilier and creator of The Proud Family, will be coming to my school this Thursday to give a lecture about animation. I'm pretty pumped about this, and will be sure to mention any interesting tidbits on his work in PatF in the forums once it's over with!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 15th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Very nice for you guys! If you get much to write, you could even do a little feature article, if you like, and we'd put it on the front page.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Princess and the Frog

Post by Bill1978 » February 16th, 2010, 12:33 am

Was just doing my weekly thing of browsing through the various music charts I followed and noticed that Ne-Yo's contribution to the Frog soundtrack has debuted at 99 on the UK charts this week.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » February 16th, 2010, 7:45 am

Princess and the frog is at the Black Reel Awards!

http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Awards/Bla ... wards/2010

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by Meg » February 16th, 2010, 1:15 pm

Randall wrote:Very nice for you guys! If you get much to write, you could even do a little feature article, if you like, and we'd put it on the front page.
Well then, I'll bring along a notepad and see what I can do. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Princess and the Frog

Post by Dusterian » February 17th, 2010, 1:45 pm

Just saying Ben you did review Enchanted theatrically, it was just in the thread for it, not on the main site. That's what I was thinking of!

I liked Dr. Facilier. I liked some of his worried and thinking expressions, very nice and not like I had ever seen for a Disney villain or maybe any villain. But he needed more of an introduction. Just like Naveen and Laurence, as well. He went by quick, like a lot of things in the movie. Like most of the movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » February 25th, 2010, 4:24 pm

I don't know if this is old news. I just remember people thinking it was going to be released at the end of the summer.

The released date is March 16th (a day after my birthday ;) )

It is available for pre-order on Amazon on single disc DVD, single disc blu ray, or 3 Disc with DVD, Blu ray and digital copy. http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=moz ... lla-search

I'm really sad, the 3 disc one and the single disc blu ray, seems be the only ones with all the special features. I don't have blu ray... but I want to see all the specials. They aren't going to release a 2 disc DVD one?

*edit to add find* I think this is the Easter Egg on the Blu Ray, pretty cute :P

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Aaron_03 » March 8th, 2010, 6:54 pm

With March 16th right around the corner, what release do you guys plan on buying.

The Blu-Ray/DVD/D-File Combo Pack

or

The Single Disc Blu-ray

I'm planning on buying the combo pack, but is the combo pack in a Blu-Ray Cover or DVD cover?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 8th, 2010, 7:24 pm

It's in the Yellow pack with the Blu-ray logo.

(And Foxtale, if you've got Netflix, get a slim PS3...Not just for the Blu-ray, but for how many other devices it'll replace. :) )
Last edited by EricJ on March 8th, 2010, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 8th, 2010, 7:33 pm

It looks like you need the combo pack to get all the extras, if this is accurate:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4081

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by Foxtale » March 8th, 2010, 11:14 pm

EricJ wrote:It's in the Yellow pack with the Blu-ray logo.

(And Foxtale, if you've got Netflix, get a slim PS3...Not just for the Blu-ray, but for how many other devices it'll replace. :) )
I'm a poor college student, going on poor unemployed graduate. :P I wish I could, good old VHS player will suffice for now. ;)

For now I'm just getting the single disc release. I was hoping Target or another store would have a special disc that came with pre-ordering or buying it on the first day like when Enchanted was released. So far all I can find is Toys R Us is give you a box.... :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 9th, 2010, 6:44 pm

Interesting, Rand.

Sounds like the single disc BD misses out on the second disc extras that come with the DVD and DigiCopy set.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 9th, 2010, 10:22 pm

UGGGH the dvds for Princess and the Frog arrived at our Publix allready but I'm not allowed to buy one til next week UGH

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 9th, 2010, 10:51 pm

I used to work at Toys R Us and would have that same experience multiplied by soundtracks, toys, and video games that i couldn't buy until a week later!