Attention PS2 owners!

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
GeorgeC

Attention PS2 owners!

Post by GeorgeC » December 16th, 2004, 1:02 am

There's a game being produced for the PS2 that's adapted from an online Flash game.

The title is "Alien Hominid" and the game looks freakin' fantastic!

In an era where anything that looks remotely hand-drawn is few and far between -- unless it's another Capcom Street Fighter rehash (!) --, this game looks like a breath of fresh air.

I saw it last night on G4 TechTV's X-Play and the preview video for it showed something that looks like it will be a lot of fun -- and hard!

It's funny, but the really out-there/weird sidescrolling/action platform games that are toony are pretty much being released on PS2. You have the Jak series, Sly Cooper, Viewtiful Joe (PS2 and Gamecube), and now, Alien Hominid.

Frankly, the only thing I see on X-Box that looks remotely like any of these games is the next Conkers game. (It's a sequel to the infamously lewd, hilarious, and profane N64 game, Conkers' Bad Fur day.) The review on the new Conkers looks fantastic, too so I guess I'll have to get an X-Box in the future for that one, too! To give you an idea of where Rare is going with the new Conkers on X-Box, think of the D-Day scenes from Saving Private Ryan but with foul-mouthed cartoony squirrels smoking cigars. (The squirrel designs look like a cross between Tex Avery's Screwball Squirrel and the ultra-cute Disney squirrels.) It's hilarious to see these little guys swear, bleed to death, and do other things that would be horrific if these little guys were human.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » December 16th, 2004, 1:54 am

Yeah, from what i've heard it's pretty amazing...and fun too, no less!

This guy started the whole thing online a while back...and then it became a flash game by him and now...somehow his popularity got him an official game! Pretty inspiring, if you ask me. I have some friends who remember playing the flash game when it was just a "check this out" thing online.

I'm sure the new Conkers will be cool...but i think i'll stick with my Cube for the time being. Batman: The Rise of Sin Tzu is AWESOME :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 16th, 2004, 3:32 am

I did a quick Yahoo search and found the original online Flash version of Alien Hominid here --

http://www.newsandentertainment.com/zfalienh.html

Try it -- it's a tough game but probably one of the most twisted games released since the original Earthworm Jim!

I can't wait to get this for PS2 next year. The console version is supposed to run faster and be even better-animated than the online original.

Still can't get used to those A,S controls in the Flash version.

Control pads are definitely better where I'm concerned. I hate keyboard inputs! :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 16th, 2004, 6:18 am

Yeah, I remember playing this game on Newgrounds.

I'm suprised you're just hearing about this now. I REALLY want this game.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MusicFan » December 17th, 2004, 10:16 am

Alien Homid actually came out about a month ago, for Gamecube and Playstation 2.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

New Kingdom Hearts Trailer

Post by Macaluso » December 29th, 2004, 5:07 pm

http://files.kingdomhearts2.net/kh2trailer_112704.wmv

It shows a few scenes that have been seen many times before, but the rest is just... HOLY C***.

It shows more on Mulan and Hercules' worlds, which I am SO glad are getting expanded upon. Aladdin is as well.

And yay for Mickey in this game!

But what I'm MOST excited about is the fact that PETE is a big part of this game now. I didn't really think anything of him at all in the first game, but seeing him in the trailers for the first one makes me wonder why they didn't consider him in the first game. He's perfect.

I'm SOOO excited about this game. Oh my c***.

GeorgeC

Snoopy Vs. the Red Baron -- the game!

Post by GeorgeC » December 15th, 2005, 10:36 am

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=7659

Yep, it's official.

Snoopy gets his own videogame courtesy of Namco (makers of Tekken, Ace Combat, Ridge Racer, Pac-man) where he dogfights the Red Baron.

I wonder if it's going to be based on the Ace Combat series game engine? That could be great!

The game doesn't show up on systems until Fall 2006. It'll be out for PSP, PS2, X-Box, and PC. No word on PS3 or X-Box 360 versions.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » December 15th, 2005, 12:35 pm

Added!

AV Team
AV Team

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Post by Dan » April 21st, 2010, 11:07 am

It's happening. It's really, finally happening.

So far confirmed, as seen in the image and trailer, are Ryu, Wolverine, Iron Man, Morrigan, Hulk, and Chris Redfield.

Based on the silhouettes, and past history of the series, one can expect Spider-Man, Captain America, Cyclops, Magneto, Dr. Doom, Chun-Li, Mega Man, Strider, Zangief, and Felicia. Expect more to be announced. Until then, enjoy the trailer:

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Post by Dan » May 11th, 2010, 10:59 pm

Captain America, Dante from Devil May Cry, Felicia, and Deadpool have been officially confirmed.

The best part about Deadpool is that one of his special moves has him beating on his opponents with his own health bar.