Shrek

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 10th, 2010, 3:43 pm

Think they're TRYING to promote the subplot of Shrek having to win Warrior Fiona all over again to core fans who actually care about the characters, but....face it, guys, when putting "Final" in the title is now the big audience draw, promoting the plot is just polishing the portholes on the Titanic. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 10th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Here's a poster with the updated title:
Reminds me of The Santa Clause 3's poster.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Shrek: The Final Chapter

Post by starlioness » May 11th, 2010, 7:13 pm

they should call it Shrek the what?.. I just wonder if the only reason they made this movie was that Shrek 3 stunk so bad.. but I guess they had to fill in the question if mom and/or dad died who'd rule Far, Far Away.for the third movie... I wonder if there's still going to do the Halloween special ..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Shrek 4

Post by LotsoA113 » May 11th, 2010, 9:08 pm

They are sadly. They also have the Kung Fu Panda Christmas special. Yep, this is really the final chapter... :wink:
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » May 11th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Not to mention the spin-off feature starring Puss-in-Boots. To be honest, I wonder why they didn't go for the whole story about how Shrek first arrived at the swamp. It surely would have been more interesting and creative than this "It's a Wonderful Life" tale.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 12th, 2010, 7:09 am

Um...guys...even though the poster has the tag "The Final Chapter", if you read the poster's credits, it's clearly still "Shrek Forever After" in the title.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » May 12th, 2010, 2:53 pm

Commercials say otherwise. I guess we'll know for sure when the movie opens? So much confusion. :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 12th, 2010, 3:37 pm

Well, HTTYD was titled as "Dreamworks' Dragons" in the commercials so I wouldn't necessarily go by them as far as movie names are concerned.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 12th, 2010, 6:07 pm

Where I saw it, they had to recut one more trailer just to put TFC in the title--Think it's official.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 16th, 2010, 4:33 pm

McDonald's promotion for Shrek started this Friday. Here's a look at the toys:
Shrek toys.jpg
Shrek toys.jpg (369.59 KiB) Viewed 8996 times
Went yesterday and got Donkey! What's interesting is the toys are only going to last for three weeks (as the cashier told me), after which they will start offering Shrek watches with the Happy Meals. Here's a preview:
Shrek watches.jpg
Shrek watches.jpg (94.86 KiB) Viewed 8996 times
Ah, they look so cute!! :) Think that's a first for Mc. I would say they be better off having them at the same time, but McDonald's already has a premium collectable... drinking glasses! Yay! After Third received the treatment, was hoping they would return. Here's a pic:
Shrek drinking glasses.jpg
Shrek drinking glasses.jpg (119.68 KiB) Viewed 8996 times
Already have the whole set... :oops: They are cool though, just love them. See what Disney's missing out on!

By the way, everything in Mc labels the film as "Shrek Forever After", so that's further proof that it will be that and not Final Chapter. Phew! You never know sometimes...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 16th, 2010, 6:18 pm

http://www.dreamworksanimation.com/

It says that Forever After is the final title. That should lay the confusion to rest... probably.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 17th, 2010, 7:11 am

The title never changed, as I tried to tell you, on the posters! "The Final Chapter" was always a tagline to make everyone go and see it. Even on that last poster where people said "well, we'll see", the small contractual credit print clearly read "Shrek Forever After". Both pretty much say the same thing anyway (it's The End), but Forever After does it in a much more fairytale way in keeping with the ultimately soft center the franchise has.

Dan...I can do without the cheapo watches, but those drinking glasses look great - and practical! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Shrek Forever After

Post by Locall » May 17th, 2010, 1:49 pm

29% on RottenTomatoes, at least it's climbing slowly

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » May 17th, 2010, 7:26 pm

hmmm.. yeah,those glasses do look snazzy.. haven't seen something like since the olden days when Burger King did that with Disney..

I think KFP should do A Chinese New Year special.. sounds a little weird for them with the Christmas one..

hmm.. yeah , still wish the Prequel movie could 'v happend :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » May 21st, 2010, 7:37 pm

Randall wrote:It says that Forever After is the final title. That should lay the confusion to rest... probably.
And the final "It ain't Ogre..." release poster still says TFC--
So, any definitive word from the opening-day judges? :mrgreen:

(Y'know, it could be very confusing for Dreamworks, having their big animated tentpole being marketed under two different titles, and the audience not sure of which one they're looking for...Good thing other movies don't have any trouble with that.) ;)