Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » March 18th, 2010, 7:33 pm

:roll:
http://www.elioliart.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Mega Mind (formerly titled Oobermind & MasterMind)

Post by GRUNT » March 18th, 2010, 11:28 pm

I think this teaser would have been a lot better if it had that chick with the short hair <3. I've got a feeling that she's going to be the best part about this film :P.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » March 19th, 2010, 12:54 am

As a teaser it worked for me in making me aware of the movie's concept, the downside to it is that I got a standard typical jokey Dreamworks movie vibe from it. But I won't hold that feeling against it as I got the same vibe with Monsters Vs Alien's trailer and I ended up thinking that was one of the better Dreamworks movie. The animation looks impressive, glad they have decided not to use the Madagascar path for the design of the characters.

My big issue is the use of Brad Pitt's name when apparently he is voicing the hero who dies in the beginning, bit misleading in my opinion. But hey if Hitchcock can do it with his movies, then why not Dreamworks.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » April 29th, 2010, 11:19 pm

Here are pictures of some toys that will be coming out later in the year. I know we've seen the main character but I don't think we've some of the other characters in the movie.

http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... n-way.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » May 20th, 2010, 12:36 pm

The Theatrical Trailer which probably will be shown in front of "Shrek Forever After" is out...

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/megamind/trailer
Last edited by CGIFanatic on May 20th, 2010, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » May 20th, 2010, 2:58 pm

Doesn't look as bad as that horrid teaser made it out to be, but what happened to the plot of MegaMind killing his arch-nemesis and creating a new one?

Or are they following the Despicable Me marketing plan by giving each trailer a different plot and the audience has to figure out what it's about?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 20th, 2010, 3:23 pm

They're basically showing us the entire first third of the movie with the hero in it, as their backup-strategy way of making us think there are going to be OTHER characters in it for the whole thing, besides just the one supremely underwhelming character we got in the teaser.
It's always a helpful sign when the studio changes its strategy and wishes they'd written a better one.

(Also showing us more of the heroine, as the feminist-audience "She's kinda like Ginormica!" card will be a factor...)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » May 20th, 2010, 8:43 pm

Hmm... That was MUCH better than the teaser. I think I'm willing to give this a chance now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GRUNT » May 20th, 2010, 9:12 pm

Eh, I'm still not very hot on this flick, going by the trailer :(.

However, I do think it's very cool that they haven't revealed the film's true plot in the trailer! I hope that they do this in whatever remaining trailers there are. If the angle of Megamind killing off Metroman and creating a new superhero (who turns out to be evil) works, then the film ought to do well enough through word of mouth, even if that angle isn't shown in the trailers. Being pleasantly surprised can often make a movie-watching experience more enjoyable than knowing too much of the plot beforehand.

On a side note, Tina Fey's character ended up looking not-as-cute as she does in that first teaser image we got :P.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Locall » May 21st, 2010, 6:42 pm

I think I'm gonna pass on this one

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 22nd, 2010, 8:41 pm

Don't like the new trailer, though it is slightly better than the teaser...The interesting stuff in it is a bit undone by the obnoxious jokes, poor voice acting, and creepy female character designs...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 22nd, 2010, 10:06 pm

I'm a nut for superhero stories, so I think it looks great, especially as a parody of Superman (which it at least partially appears to be). I don't like Will Ferrell at all, but this just might be the one Will Ferrell movie I do like.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » May 22nd, 2010, 11:51 pm

Yes, I also found the female character to be a bit creepy. She reminded me of the scary looking woman from the Home Owner's Association in Over the Hedge.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 27th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Saw the new trailer in 3-D before "Shrek Forever After" the other day.

I really like the concept, even though some of the jokes fall kinda flat here. The superhero/supervillain theme seems kinda cool, and Ferrell appears to be in good form.

As for the superhero character dying early in the film, I'm starting to have a hunch that he somehow makes a comeback in the film's third act. Something like him not really being dead, losing his powers, possibly changing sides and becoming a supervillain, etc. It seems like Pitt's getting too much billing if the character is out of the picture for good within the first twenty minutes or so.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 28th, 2010, 5:41 am

Well, so did a certain top-billed action star in Executive Decision. And, going back, a certain blonde victim in the original Psycho. Or if you want to keep to the spoof superhero genre, so did a certain character in Mystery Men, which Oober-Master-MegaMind seems to be a little too close to...