Tangled (formerly Rapunzel)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » September 6th, 2010, 12:22 pm

Foxtale wrote:Just a tidbit for all those out there. I was in Walmart the other day they had a whole slew of Tangled toys... except none of them said Tangled. They all Said RAPUNZEL on the boxes, front and center in the old title font. A few of the bigger dolls had a STICKer on them that said, "As featured in the movie Tangled."

I knew that the toy companies were not going to be thrilled about the sudden name change. :P
They're also facing the hard fact we warned them about at the beginning:
If you're trying to lure kids, kids KNOW Rapunzel. From the book. That's sort of what makes Disney fairytale-titles such a self-marketing draw in the first place.

You can lose little girls at the theater, or you can try to get them at Wal-mart, but you can't do BOTH.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » September 6th, 2010, 7:40 pm

i was just going to say....the way they had the names there was confusing. i saw a barbie type toy for Rapunzel the other day...and IMDB.com has a poster up.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Tangled (Formerly Rapunzel)

Post by ELIOLI » September 7th, 2010, 6:11 pm

http://www.elioliart.com/

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 8th, 2010, 7:29 am

Weird!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 8th, 2010, 12:56 pm

It's, er, SUPPOSED to be a parody of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI , since the entire world is supposed to know about famous YouTube clips within a month of their hitting the Web. :?
(And which everyone cult-giggles at because they think the guy's on drugs.)

...Hey, I didn't know about that one home-shopping clip, either, until they used it in Up!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » September 8th, 2010, 7:03 pm

I thought it was a gentle spoof of things like The Blair Witch Project but I can see how it could be a spoof of that video EricJ (I've never heard of it). While admittedly it's a bit left field for the marketing of a Disney film, I kinda enjoyed Double Tower. It's no different to the inter-Stitch-erals. Maybe using a YouTube video will help spread the word about Tangled among the youTube community.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 8th, 2010, 7:17 pm

Bill1978 wrote:I thought it was a gentle spoof of things like The Blair Witch Project but I can see how it could be a spoof of that video EricJ (I've never heard of it).
I'd never heard of it either until the TAG blog spilled the link--
I tend to use the Tube to look up rare archive clips, and the last time I went "Tubing, it was to look up Abbott & Costello's Susquehanna Hat Company sketch. :wink:

And again, with the Up gag, seems like a lot of folks in Disney/Pixar seem to be keeping up with those wacky young people in the Tosh.0 Cult-Tube crowd.
(But please, Disney....NO gags about the foul-mouthed RV salesman or the guy who quit his airline job. Can we cut the new 15 Minutes of Fame down to 5?)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Tristy » September 15th, 2010, 11:48 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » September 15th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Those two new trailers make the movie look like loads of fun. I can't wait!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » September 15th, 2010, 4:21 pm

So, it's not a musical, according to the marketers. See, this is why I don't trust trailers. Really excited for the film, no matter how they advertise it as.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » September 15th, 2010, 5:13 pm

I think this film looks very promising....
http://www.elioliart.com/

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » September 16th, 2010, 2:51 pm

Yay, finally!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » September 16th, 2010, 8:25 pm

I definitely think the UK trailer is much better. :P The music still doesn't work with these trailers. I really do hope they aren't using them in the film. I have faith that the film is going to be AWESOME! And only the advertising is going to seem silly. :P (They are pushing Flynn way too much, I love the character of Rapunzel so far. :D)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » September 16th, 2010, 8:46 pm

Can't wait, can't wait! I'm very much looking forward to my birthday this year (which is also the US release date) :D

Eh, I doubt any of the lame pop music will actually be in the film. If I recall they did something similar with the trailers for Bolt. None of those songs were in the actual film, so I doubt there's anything to worry about. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » September 16th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Love, love, love the 2 new trailers. Especially the UK version. It doesn't seem as try hard as the US one and actually presents some of the epic feel we keep hearing about.But the US one does have a gliimpse of Gothel in it. I understand (but don't condone) Disney Marketing focusing on Flynn to get the boys but damn Rapunzel has really sold the movie to me with these new trailers. She seems like she will be a strong heroine and an enjoyable fun character.

My only gripe is the lack of Menken/Slater songs. Once again to hide it from boys who clearly hate musicals. Hopefully it doesn't get any of the Sweeney Todd type backlash for hiding the singing. Although I do get lots of musical moments from the trailers - only because I'm looking for them. I'm still holding on hope that it opens in a musical sense like Beauty And The Beast.

Regarding the rock/pop songs used, I am a little disappointed after reading an article with Alan Menken about the songs. I can't find it at the moment. In the article he expresses his displeasure of there being a rock song over the end credits that he did not write. Fingers crossed there is a 'pop version' of one of the songs used in the movie on the soundtrack. And hopefully this rock song is ignored at Oscars time and the actual movie songs get nominated like what happened with Princess & The Frog.