pink panther and pals

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

pink panther and pals

Post by bob spang » March 6th, 2010, 10:19 am

A great show is back

I directed,wrote, boarded,and voiced some of the Ant and Aardvarks, so I may be a little biased, but Aardy and Ant are really good.

http://pinkpanther.mgm.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » March 6th, 2010, 10:11 pm

Wow, interesting design. I will have to see actual clips to decide, but I like the design.

Is the Pink Panther silent here or does he talk like in the 90s cartoon with Max Headroom doing the voice?

American_dog_2008

Re: pink panther and pals

Post by American_dog_2008 » March 7th, 2010, 11:45 am

Yay, lovely memories!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » March 8th, 2010, 12:51 pm

estefan wrote:Wow, interesting design. I will have to see actual clips to decide, but I like the design.
Okay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE1mqVNWgLo
Seems close enough, although daytime classic-toonage at CN seems to be more and more of a lost cause.
Is the Pink Panther silent here or does he talk like in the 90s cartoon with Max Headroom doing the voice?
Like those neo-Looney cartoons, it's trying to hyperactively fan-kiss up to EVERY single remembered element of the "old style"--
Which means going back to the classic silent Panther (and not Rich Little's David Niven voice from when Friz Freleng was originally nervous about the silent shorts). :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by paulmartin483 » May 17th, 2010, 5:52 am

bob spang wrote:A great show is back

I directed,wrote, boarded,and voiced some of the Ant and Aardvarks, so I may be a little biased, but Aardy and Ant are really good.

http://pinkpanther.mgm.com/
I thought that all are wait for it. It was create nice design and sound was spring checked out the character of the Aardy and Ant. They were done nice job to make this cartoon as funny as far.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 8th, 2010, 7:09 pm

And now that I've finally got a chance to catch it regular on Netflix Streaming this week...am I wrong, or does the Aardvark still sound like Jackie Mason but the Ant now sounds like Chris Rock (instead of Dean Martin)? 0_0

That aside, I'm amazed that a Neo-toon can manage to avoid much of the Current Joke and hyperactive Human-Fly pitfalls that the neo-Warner and Disney toons fell into, and hit pretty close to the original...Any new incarnation of the Panther has no tougher critic on this continent than myself.
(There's still a little touch of deliberate neo-toon Cameo-Itis, in that Dog and Hoarse appear in more cartoons here than they ever did in the originals--But, again, it's not as bad as any of the crimes new-Warner ever committed with the Bugs Bunny toons.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by estefan » September 8th, 2010, 10:22 pm

EricJ wrote:And now that I've finally got a chance to catch it regular on Netflix Streaming this week...am I wrong, or does the Aardvark still sound like Jackie Mason but the Ant now sounds like Chris Rock (instead of Dean Martin)?
Probably because the ant is voiced by Kel Mitchell (formerly of Nickelodeon's Kenan & Kel fame).

To be honest, while they have the look of the Freleng shorts, I found it lacking much of the humour of those classics. But, it's a lot better than the 1993 series. I watched a couple of that show recently and it does not hold up at all. Frewer's voice just didn't match the character for me anymore.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by TitusTodd » September 11th, 2010, 7:01 am

This is somewhat related from the news section. Hope it is all right to put here.
Rubicon Studios has announced that it will team with MGM to produce a new half-hour animated Christmas special featuring the original Pink Panther
I didn't think MGM was doing much of anything these days.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 11th, 2010, 8:49 am

Not a lot, no, but it does seem they're making a Christmas special!