Mega Mind

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by Whippet Angel » September 14th, 2010, 7:55 am

Ben wrote:Considering that DreamWorks basically got into bed with Aardman to get their hands on Wallace & Gromit
Sorry... This line just makes me laugh every time I read it. :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 14th, 2010, 7:59 am

I aims to please! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Mega Mind (formerly Oobermind & MasterMind)

Post by CGIFanatic » September 29th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Here is a review of the "Art of..." book. It has lots of pictures and a short video of the reviewer skimming through the book.

http://parkablogs.com/content/book-revi ... f-megamind

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Re:

Post by EricJ » September 30th, 2010, 2:42 am

CGIFanatic wrote:I wasn't saying it was a bad movie but it was the worst received movie ($$$) for DW. I was just saying that if DW continued to make movies like that then they'd probably be history now.
W&G:CotWR had the Curse of the September/October Animated--
DW probably thought they'd have a "Halloween-themed" movie...But every animated movie released between the August end of summer and the valuable first-November is usually considered a weak, non-studio or unfranchisable title "dumped" into the slow month without competition, when kids are back in school and audiences are taking a breather from movies:
Alpha & Omega, Igor, Everyone's Hero, Astro Boy...What are they hoping to accomplish?

(DW even KNEW they were dumping "SharkTale" in October, were they trying to make W&G suffer the same fate?)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Re:

Post by Ben » September 30th, 2010, 6:02 am

EricJ wrote:Alpha & Omega, Igor, Everyone's Hero, Astro Boy...What are they hoping to accomplish?
Oh, I don't know...maybe something that would become a cult hit like The Nightmare Before Christmas?

And Shark Tale, whatever the merits or not of the movie, made a chunk of change...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » September 30th, 2010, 7:58 am

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs also did extremely well in its September release date.

Alpha & Omega and Legend of the Guardians haven't been so lucky this year, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » September 30th, 2010, 1:31 pm

I think the superheroes genre is quite popular stateside but haven't the slightest clue what the overseas market thinks of the subject. I don't know why but think it will do Mad2 # (180m or more) mainly because both movies came out in November.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 1st, 2010, 5:03 pm

Alpha & Omega and Legend of the Guardians haven't been so lucky this year, though.
Which is an absolute shame, really...well, at least regarding "Legend of the Guardians." ;)

I saw it in 3-D and was blown away by it. And if you enjoyed "300," then you'll get a kick out of the way Zack Snyder uses his signature slo-mo style for the action scenes in a completely PG-rated way. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » October 3rd, 2010, 8:12 pm

The first five minutes of the movie was aired last night on Nickelodeon. I don't know if DWA/Nickelodeon will take issue with the video being posted on youtube but you can take a look at it before it is taken down (or not).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjAqZs2CKzg

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 3rd, 2010, 11:19 pm

I think I'll just wait until I see the movie. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 5th, 2010, 12:09 am

I love how the marketing for this movie has spoiled literally every single thing about it. I don't really have much interest in it anymore

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » October 5th, 2010, 11:41 pm

Yeah, it seems their plan to get us more interested in the film has backfired in the worst way.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » October 6th, 2010, 10:35 am

I don't believe DreamWorks is as inept as to let a major plot point out of the bag without them knowing they've got further surprises in store for audiences - I bet there is an explanation for Metroman's return and I don't think it is because they don't kill him.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 1st, 2010, 5:38 pm

From what the reviews are saying (without "spoiling anything"), it would seem as though MetroMan is indeed "killed"...but it's obvious from all the trailers that he somehow manages to make a comeback.

I am thinking, though, that I will probably end up finding this quite fun. I love superhero movies, so I'll find it amusing for that reason alone.
Last edited by Dacey on November 1st, 2010, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » November 1st, 2010, 9:41 pm

One thing the trailers haven't spoiled: Who's the villain? What bad guy (or catastrophe or whatever) is so bad that a supposed villain becomes a hero to stop him/her/it? That's what intrigues me enough to see this.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83