Lilo and Stitch: The Series

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Lilo and Stitch: The Series

Post by JustinWilliams » February 21st, 2005, 1:51 pm

Here are over 40 pics from the new trailer from the Bambi DVD (Region 1) which I got mailed from the US today! Enjoy: http://www.justinwilliams.co.uk/dvd

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » February 21st, 2005, 7:19 pm

Wow, I never new Bambi II took place in Hawaii. :D

The film looks great. I can only hope though that Dakota Fanning can match Deveigh Chase in doing Lilo.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 21st, 2005, 7:27 pm

I want to see a trailer >=(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

JUST A QUICK NOTE

Post by JustinWilliams » February 26th, 2005, 7:58 am

JUST A QUICK NOTE TO SAY I'M TAKING THESE PICTURES OFFLINE TOMORROW. SORRY IF THAT'S A PROBLEM TO ANYONE. THANKS. Justin x :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 26th, 2005, 4:14 pm

The trailer doesn't look bad, but Fanning is no Chase (too light and blase).

Animation looks good though - DTV is churning out some good looking flicks.

AV Team
AV Team

Uh, what's "Leroy & Stitch?

Post by Dacey » August 13th, 2005, 3:52 pm

I saw the photos, and they looked neat (especially the one of Hamsetviel with Experiment #627). But I'm not sure what the movie's about. Does anyone know?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » August 13th, 2005, 4:48 pm

Leroy and Stitch is a new DTV film that is essentially the finale for the Lilo and Stitch TV series, just like how the DTV feature Stitch! The Movie opened the series. Hopefully this release will bring all you guys in Region 1 the special edition; we in Region 2 are lucky to get the special edition in two weeks time, yet the whole idea of a long delay for us all is rather annoying. :roll:
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by taguirre69 » August 13th, 2005, 9:22 pm

Where have you seen pics to Leroy and Stitch? I have heard this had been coming out and that it will put an end to the animated series, I have just been wondering what it was going to look like.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » August 14th, 2005, 12:29 am

On Friday, Christian posted pics from the Leroy & Stitch preview, found on the Lilo & Stitch 2 DVD: http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00003811.html.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 14th, 2005, 3:34 pm

Yeah, that's where I saw them.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Lilo & Leroy & Stitch

Post by Phil » June 26th, 2006, 2:42 pm

Leroy & Stitch is out on video & DVD tomorrow, but it was shown on Disney Channel last Friday. Here's my review... I'll try to avoid spoilers.

First, it wasn't theatrical quality. But then it wasn't meant to be. It's the wrap-up of the animated series, and it's basically the same quality/style of Stitch: The Movie and the 65 episodes of the series. If you're expecting it to look like the original movie, or even Stitch Has a Glitch, you'll be disappointed.

But taken for what it is, I enjoyed it very much. Fans of the show will especially like it, since there are approximately 625 cameos of the experiements who preceded Experiment 626. I especially want to go back and watch the battle scene in slo-mo, despite the weird Pokemon vibe that I got from it the first time.

Most interesting (at least to me) were the end credits. Along one side of the screen, beside the regular credits, was a list of all the experiments, from 001 (Shrink) to 626 (Stitch). Obviously with only 65 episodes produced, we know nothing about a majority of these experiments. But each one has a name, and many of them were intriguing enough to make me curious about their stories. Prime fodder for writers of Lilo & Stitch fan fics.

Anyway, that's my take. Did anyone else see it? What did you think?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Re: Lilo & Leroy & Stitch

Post by PixarVixen » June 26th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Ya know, even though I had a tape ready to record it while I was at work that night, I forgot to set up the VCR! Uggh. Oh well. I'll only have to wait 1 more day. That won't be very hard since I've slept away most of this one. LOL
Phil wrote:If you're expecting it to look like the original movie, or even Stitch Has a Glitch, you'll be disappointed.
I wasn't expecting that, but I was surprised at the quality of Stitch Has A Glitch. Disney sequels tend to have a less impressive look to them.
Phil wrote:I especially want to go back and watch the battle scene in slo-mo, despite the weird Pokemon vibe that I got from it the first time.
Haha. I've always thought of Lilo & Stitch the series as Disney's version of Pokémon. It's too bad that they didn't make collectibles of all 628 experiments as Pokémon did with their creatures. Then again, I'd go broke. :P

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » June 27th, 2006, 3:29 pm

Disney sequels tend to have a less impressive look to them.
I've seen three or maybe four different levels of quality to the sequels.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 27th, 2006, 4:17 pm

I'd agree with that.

1) The TV "black marker" outline style (Aladdin, Hunchback, Pocahontas)

2) The individually lined style but still drawn by TV level animators (Mermaid, Cinderella, Fox And The Hound)

3) Almost theatrical quality (Neverland, Lion King 1.5, Bambi, Lilo & Stitch)

There's kind of a fourth one, a fit between 2 and 3 if you like, that isn't quite theatrical but isn't bargain basement either, being better than the TV-dressed nice output (101 Dalmatians, Lady And The Tramp, Lion King II, Extremely Goofy, Tarzan, etc)...

That sort of what you're thinking of? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 20th, 2006, 11:02 am

I haven't seen the film yet, but I read a synopsis that mentions Lilo, Stitch, Jumba and Pleekly leaving earth. If true, I think that's a flaw in logic. Why would Lilo want to leave earth? Especially if Stitch was on a different planet? That doesn't make sense to me given what I know about her character from the movie and series. Does she not like living with Nani anymore? Did something happen?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83