AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Last Unicorn

Post by Hewylewis » February 3rd, 2011, 2:59 pm

Why?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 3rd, 2011, 4:53 pm

Knock back a few posts...the questions were about the quality of this release. From respected sources, it's said that Lionsgate wants to do the disc properly. Sounds like it's going to be just what the fans want, ergo I'm not concerned about it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hewylewis » February 3rd, 2011, 5:11 pm

I'm more concerned about the new features ad the disc menu. I mean, will it look good and have the prper music, or will it be a rehash of the 2007 disc? And this new making-of feature, if that's even what it is, will it be good too?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 4th, 2011, 2:56 am

Well, we don't know, do we? So stop stressing out until the release date, or you're quickly going to start sounding like another broken record around here. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hewylewis » February 4th, 2011, 10:02 am

Okay.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 21st, 2011, 8:17 pm

So this thread hasn't been updated since it was released, has anyone purchased it? I saw it on Amazon... but it has the same cover art as the cut up anniversary edition from a few years ago. Is it the original, uncut movie? Has anyone purchased it yet?

Edit: Link I found on amazon, is this it? http://www.amazon.com/Last-Unicorn-Two- ... =8-1-spell
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hewylewis » March 21st, 2011, 8:49 pm

I own it, and it it totally worth the money!!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 21st, 2011, 9:39 pm

I sense that Foxtale would appreciate elaboration. Me too, actually. I intend to get it, but am still trying to dump my DVD copy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 21st, 2011, 9:50 pm

I would like a bit of elaboration. :P But it is good to know that people have purchased it.

HewyLewis, is the film the original uncut one or the edited version? Which restoration is it? Is the DVD version the same as the Blu Ray Version? Where did you get your copy from?

I would be so happy if it was a remastered version of the one I used to watch all the time on vhs. ;P But I'm just being sentimental here. I still have my VHS copy as well.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by Hewylewis » March 21st, 2011, 9:56 pm

Foxtale wrote:HewyLewis, is the film the original uncut one or the edited version? Which restoration is it?
Actually, it is both the original uncut version and the edited version for 2007. The audio is crystal clear and not sped up like the 20o07 version. As for the restoration, it is a totally new one and the picture looks absolutely terriffic.
Foxtale wrote:Is the DVD version the same as the Blu Ray Version?
No, it is just the 2007 DVD with a new cover.
Foxtale wrote:Where did you get your copy from?
I ordered it from Barnes and Noble. Didn't have to pay for shipping!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 21st, 2011, 11:26 pm

That is fantastic news! Thank you for your response. I'm glad that it doesn't have that silly sped up audio problem. :) I was hoping both the blu ray and the dvd would have a new restoration since I don't have a blu ray player. :p Maybe I'll opt for one in my new computer lol. I still may buy it now since I'm a huge fan. ;) And Barns and Noble is awesome! I love the free shipping, and everything always come so fast and in great condition. :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 26th, 2011, 10:42 am

Sorry: if I had known the anticipation for this, I would have tried to post earlier. I got mine from Amazon, and it does have the cleaned up and uncut audio tracks, running at the correct 24fps speed.

I haven't watched the extras yet, but everything advertised is on the BD disc.

Be aware, as Huey says, that the bundled DVD is the 25th Anniversary disc, which does only contain the censored transfer and sped up audio, as far as I am aware (haven't put that in the machine yet).

But the film itself, in HD on the BD disc, looks wonderful, and the limited-time foil embossed slipcase is actually pretty neat too, giving off a nice sheen to the artwork. For around $15, this is well worth it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hewylewis » March 26th, 2011, 10:54 am

Finally, the Last Unicorn gets the treatment it deserves!! *sighs* I just hope the same can be said for All Dogs Go To Heaven.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 29th, 2011, 10:26 pm

I guess I'll have to remember to go look for the DVD now. Thanks for the input guys. :D