Total Drama World Tour

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Total Drama World Tour

Post by droosan » November 11th, 2010, 2:34 am

It's time for the TOTAL DRAMA WORLD TOUR MARATHON..!

Starting at 10:00 AM EST/PST today (November 11th), Cartoon Network will air the entire Total Drama World Tour series (minus the Aftermaths) .. culminating at 8:00 PM with the penultimate episode, "Planes, Trains and Hot-Air Mobiles".

The finale episode ("Hawaiian Punch") will be broadcast on Monday, November 15th, at 9:00 PM EST/PST ..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 11th, 2010, 4:45 pm

Currently watching in the background. It really would've been cool if they aired the Aftermaths too, I missed the first couple and unlike last seasons, this years played a part somewhat.

I've managed to make it this far without spoiling the final two, so really looking forward to the finale. How they will decide from the cliffhanger is what I'm itching to know! Still hoping Heather wins. Would be the perfect way to end her arc and wrap up all three seasons of Total. Plus, if she's up against Al, the original villain beating the new one! It would be sweat. If it's Cody, I could see him winning.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 11th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Well .. Total Drama Island and Total Drama Action each had two different endings produced. And viewer voting was apparently used to determine the winner of TDA.

And -- according to the TDWT 'season finale' promos which aired between episodes of today's marathon -- viewers can cast a vote for "who they think should win" at Cartoon Network's website .. and all three of the contestants who are headed into the finale are among the choices! :o

Is it possible that Fresh TV might've created three different possible endings for this season.. :?:

------------------

BTW, Daniel .. all four of the TDWT: Aftermath episodes are available for streaming via the Cartoon Network website.

And you're right; the Aftermaths were actually somewhat 'integrated' into this season's overall story arc .. so, it's too bad CN chose not to air them on TV -- even if only for today's marathon.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 12th, 2010, 4:39 pm

Oh cool, last I checked it looked like CN removed the first two. Thanks!

Wish there wasn't a voting option again, but it does add some credibility to this quote I found:
Multiple endings have been animated. They all rock. There's even a little bonus.
Guess we'll see.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Acmenshuva » November 14th, 2010, 5:32 pm

If Alheandro or Heater wins im never watchin the show ever again

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 15th, 2010, 3:54 am

The TOTAL DRAMA WORLD TOUR Season Finale airs tonight!

Tune in for the drama at 9:00 PM EST/PST on Cartoon Network!

-----------

It's still anyone's game, apparently, Acmenshuva. Cody may be the lone 'nice guy' among them -- but, as we saw in last season's finale .. the 'nice' character isn't necessarily guaranteed to win.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 16th, 2010, 1:13 pm

Well .. as Lord Akiyama had said, a few months ago .. the finale has aired.

Personally -- I loved it! :D

But I do hope we get an 'inter-season' special, which would give this cast of characters -- whom we've come to know over the past three years -- some 'closure'.

Because, as the post-finale promo confirmed, the next season will feature an 'all-new' cast in a 'familiar' setting: Camp Wawanakwa!
An alternate ending which awards Alejandro the 'win' was also made .. but not so for Cody; the intention all along seems to have been to pit the season 1&2 'villain' against the season 3 'villain' .. which did lead to some great gags in which Heather got some 'come-uppance,' even as we're supposedly rooting for her. :twisted:

A lot of people elsewhere online seem to have hated the ultimate 'payoff' gag featuring Ezekiel .. but I thought it was brilliant! And call me 'dense,' but I totally didn't see it coming -- even though I'd thought to myself back in the Africa episode, "Wow, Zeke is kinda turning into Gollum..!" :mrgreen:

No 'payoff' to the Sierra+Cody plot-line..? Nor for the Courtney-Duncan-Gwen triangle..? That was a bit of a 'let-down'. Though, perhaps .. as I'd said, these may be addressed in an 'inter-season' special.

It was nice to see Lindsay get just a couple more 'featured' scenes .. but (IMO) the newer writers still kinda blew it by making her a totally stereotypical 'airhead', throughout the season. :?

------------------

I'm definitely glad to see the show will be going 'back to basics' in the next season. Total Drama Action and World Tour have been enjoyable .. but their themed challenges have gotten increasingly 'gimmick-y'.

The show had originally been envisioned as Camp TV, after all. Plus, 'summer camp' -- and its associated activities -- is an almost universally-relatable experience for kids (at least, in North America); there's plenty more material to be mined from those situations.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 18th, 2010, 1:52 pm

That was a good finale, I'm so happy Heather won! Yeah! The way she hit Alejandro out of the way at the end was priceless. I'm sure we'll get another special before the next season airs, we had the last two times. Hoping we'll get closure, aside from the aforementioned, will Heather get the money!? Too many loose ends, I'm starting to think it was intentional. ;)

Bring on season 4! Here's hoping one of the new campers is Al's brother Jose! The possibilities... or it would kind of be cool if all the new people are somehow related to the original cast.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 1st, 2011, 2:33 am

The upcoming fourth season of Total Drama has been re-named, to

TOTAL DRAMA: REVENGE OF THE ISLAND

No word yet on a premiere date .. nor on whether there might be an 'inter-season' special ..

But, hey..! New title. That's gotta count for something. :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 3rd, 2011, 5:40 pm

Nice, I like it! Neat prizes too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 26th, 2011, 3:50 am

The Total Drama World Tour finale episode was finally aired in Canada this past weekend .. along with a promo which gives us a first glimpse of the next season..!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by RobAlister » April 28th, 2011, 9:54 pm

A return to the island sounds great. I remember when I was watching TDA and the only episode that mad me laugh was when they briefly went back to the island. I see the theme this time around is based around the island's mutation. I sure hope they can pull that off.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 29th, 2011, 12:07 pm

Given the very sobering situation still ongoing in Japan, a 'radioactive' Camp Wawanakwa doesn't seem quite so humorous to me. :| This is not, of course, anything that the folks at FreshTV/Cake Entertainment could've predicted .. and it's too late for them to change it now, anyway.

The new characters look fun (from what little we see of them!), and the animation on Chris is livelier than usual .. so, I'm still looking forward to this. :)

No word yet on whether there may be a 'special' episode to bridge the seasons (though, it would be a surprise if there weren't one), nor on when Cartoon Network will air the show.

Teletoon's promo says 'coming this fall' .. and since this Total Drama series has a decidedly shorter length (13 episodes instead of 26), it's unknown whether CN will premiere the show in late-spring, as they've traditionally done -- or whether they might wait to 'synch' their air-dates with Teletoon, as they had during Total Drama Action.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » January 6th, 2012, 6:36 pm

First episode just aired last night in Canada.

Apparently the start date was delayed a bit because they wanted to clean up some given what happened over in Japan.

Lots of fans have already fallen for Dawn and Zoey, are enjoying Mike and his "condition", and more.