The Looney Tunes Show (CN)

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

The Looney Tunes Show (CN)

Post by Dan » January 22nd, 2011, 8:06 pm

Not sure how often it's been talked about, but here's a sneak peek of the upcoming series "The Looney Tunes Show" that Cartoon Network will air (supposedly) in February.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 22nd, 2011, 10:47 pm

Bugs looks...different somehow. Can't quite put my (rabbit's) foot on it, though.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Looney Tunes

Post by Dan » January 22nd, 2011, 11:07 pm

They're doing slight redesigns on the characters. Not really changing them, but reshaping them to fit a particular design style.

You can see some more of the design direction they're going for here:
http://www.slashfilm.com/the-looney-tun ... -revealed/

The set up for each episode is broken up into three parts:
- The main story of Bugs and Daffy sharing a place in the suburbs
- A two-minute CGI Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote short
- A two-minute Merry Melody number featuring one of the supporting characters

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 24th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Looks awful.

Not just the "look", but the whole thing. And that's supposed to be a teaser that entices us to watch the thing!?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » January 27th, 2011, 2:13 pm

Ben wrote:Looks awful.
Not just the "look", but the whole thing. And that's supposed to be a teaser that entices us to watch the thing!?
Leaving aside the "New WB" style, you can spot the other new-generation heresy:
THERE IS. NO. FREAKIN'. LOLA. BUNNY.
We do not recognize Space Jam canon.

(And from the character lineup, seeing as faux-loyal "Cameo-itis" means we get more cartoons with Rudolph the Inn-teresting Monster, I just grit my teeth and thought, "Okay, I just KNOW they're going to keep referring to him as 'Gossamer'...They're just the type of shallow new-generation idiots to do it. :x "

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 31st, 2011, 3:32 pm

So in watching the video clips on the official show web page...

Hmmm...

I'm willing to give it a shot, though I'm not holding my breath that series will be any kind of success.

Although I did like the clip of Bugs and Lola on their first date.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 31st, 2011, 3:55 pm

I have to say that I've personally enjoyed the clips I've seen, thus far. :) It has a slight Tiny Toon Adventures vibe (which is meant as a compliment..!).

I was a bit dismayed to see the overwhelmingly negative response to the show's preview clips 'elsewhere' online, yesterday. :? But those guys seem to hate just about everything. :roll:

EricJ wrote:Leaving aside the "New WB" style, you can spot the other new-generation heresy:
THERE IS. NO. FREAKIN'. LOLA. BUNNY. "
I realize you'd posted this a couple of months ago, but .. Lola Bunny is on the show. It does seem that her persona has been altered a bit from the Space Jam version, though. That could be a good thing or a bad thing; like Lord Akiyama, I'm willing to wait-and-see.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 31st, 2011, 6:07 pm

droosan wrote:I have to say that I've personally enjoyed the clips I've seen, thus far. :) It has a slight Tiny Toon Adventures vibe (which is meant as a compliment..!)..
(Um....it is? :? )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 31st, 2011, 6:12 pm

Yes. Because I liked Tiny Toon Adventures.

But I realize that some people didn't .. hence, the clarification.

(but you knew that. :P )

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 5th, 2011, 6:39 pm

So I caught the first episode of The Looney Tunes Show this week.

Well...

I'm willing to watch a couple more episodes. But I dunno if it's working for me.

It wasn't entirely terrible, but I didn't think it was anything great either. Also, they cut the CG Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote short that was supposed to be part of the format (as mentioned, it was supposed to be set up in three parts: the main story revolving around Bugs and Daffy sharing a place in the suburbs, a "Merry Melodies" musical number, and the noted Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote shorts).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 5th, 2011, 6:55 pm

I missed the Tuesday premiere .. but I plan to catch it this weekend; CN will be re-airing the episode on both Saturday and Sunday.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 5th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:It wasn't entirely terrible, but I didn't think it was anything great either. Also, they cut the CG Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote short that was supposed to be part of the format
As the one we got in theaters was better-received than expected, I'm guessing Warner has set out to compete with Pixar's shorts, and decided not to give a new cash-cow away for free.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 6th, 2011, 3:44 am

What, like how Pixar does on their home disc releases (and on TV)?

And shorts have not been cash cows since the mid-1960s, and even that's at a push!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » July 7th, 2011, 4:32 pm

I'm fairly caught up on The Looney Tunes Show.

It's not spectacular, but there are bits and pieces that I found myself enjoying.

It appears that episodes will be alternating between which would feature the Merry Melodies music sequence or the Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote CGI short, though it seems to do so randomly.

I got a real kick out of the episode that introduces Taz with Bugs mistaking him for a dog and Speedy teaching him a technique to assert his authority. I found it to be a lot of fun for some reason.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Looney Tunes Show (CN)

Post by droosan » February 14th, 2012, 10:36 pm

Season One of The Looney Tunes Show has come to an end.

But today, series director Tony Cervone posted a LTS 'valentine', which doubles as a 'sneak peek' at the Season Two models for Bugs, Lola, Daffy and Tina:

The biggest change is in Bugs .. who will return to his standard grey fur, after sporting purple fur for the whole first season. But there are teeny-tiny tweaks in the other characters, too.