Arnie's The Governator officially the Worst Thing Ever?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 9th, 2011, 3:35 pm

Clinically depressed Arnold has his own soundboard...
=> http://www.sadarnold.com/

(Warning: ML)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 10th, 2011, 1:29 am

Arnold may be getting a starring role in a remake of "The Crying Game"...
(Especially if California divorce laws hold true!)

===> http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... ullcontent

Arnie and Maria have split!

Ben wrote:....none other than Stan The Man Lee within its developers. After Striperella you'd have thought he'd learned his lesson in mixing real life egos with superheroes. Or maybe he's out to redress the girl-to-boy ratio in that realm for himself.

There is a group within Hollywood that gets a thrill from stuff like Stripperella and thinks that Stan "Hefner" Lee is a cool cat. I'm sorry, but in the all time I've been aware of who Stan Lee is and all the crazy Marvel publicity and promotion he's done over years, he has NEVER come off well playing a hipster or Uncle Sam.

It's always been kind of sad, really. He should just learn to be himself and tell his stories -- in the folksy way that's charming (if a bit corny) to those of who grew up in the 60s, 70s, and 80s when Stan was the daily face of Marvel -- without cozying up to a crowd of BLECCHH that I frankly don't believe has read much of anything... Those certainly are not the best filmmakers or makers of anything, period, and they are not the crowd that Stan appeals to the most...
Last edited by GeorgeC on May 10th, 2011, 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 10th, 2011, 1:36 am

Darn, that's a shame. It's never nice to see a couple split.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » May 10th, 2011, 8:46 am

Too bad about Arnold and Maria.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 11th, 2011, 12:05 am

Not really surprised... given the stories that have been circulating about him for years.

There are people you can't change... Other people shouldn't marry them in the first place if they have examples of how their in-laws got run over emotionally and physically by people like that.

She held onto the marriage until the governorship was over. If she felt that bad, she should have left him much earlier. She's as liable for criticism as he is. And I'm speaking from familial experience, too.

The physical and emotional costs of holding onto some relationships just for the sake of public appearance or the embarrassment of a famous in-law's actions... it's just not worth the individual and family unit stress.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » May 11th, 2011, 8:39 am

Wonder how that would play out on the show? On his first official interview about it to EW last month, Arnold mentioned Maria and his kids were also on the show (but apparently he hadn't told them yet). My guess is that now she won't, but maybe he'll have a generic wife on the show (that would be strange though). What do you think?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 11th, 2011, 9:26 am

Well, now Arnie's a "free man", he's better suited to be an action hero again! ;)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 22nd, 2011, 11:18 pm

He won't be doing a darn thing for many months!

The divorce lawyers and people in the media who have had it in for Arnold for a long time will see to that...

(Maria doesn't need the money... Sharks/lawyers do love it when they smell blood, though, and California law is very generous to both lawyers and aggrieved spouses in divorce cases.)

The whole "taking time to deal with family"' business comes off a bit disingenuous considering the act that got him into trouble was done over a decade ago and shuffled under the rug with a nice heap of cash.

I'm still amazed he managed to squirrel this away for over a decade on top of fulfilling political ambitions in California. (He was an awful governor, move on... I'm surprised considering how cut-throat politics are that his affair wasn't uncovered by the dirty tricks squads of the main opposition running against him.)

Soooo... Forget about animated series and Terminators for a while..

He's in toxic land with Mel Gibson and Michael Richards ("Seinfeld").

You'll have an easier time coming out of Cannes after making off the cuff anti-Semitic remarks and being glib about Adolph than you will being Arnold right now...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 23rd, 2011, 2:16 pm

At least that seems to put an end to that awful Governator show! :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 23rd, 2011, 5:45 pm

See, sometimes good things come out of divorce!

Awful joke, I know... BUT, to the rest of us who remember Arnold when he made good films and GOOD decisions, the TV show probably would have ended up being worse than the impending divorce.....

There are things that make you cry worse than the end of relationships.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re:

Post by Ben » May 24th, 2011, 3:37 pm

GeorgeC wrote:...the rest of us who remember Arnold when he made good films...
What!? WHAT!? ;)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 25th, 2011, 11:22 pm

The fall of an icon is never something to laugh about... and I don't mean death, either.

This is just the beginning of the sordid mess Arnold's in. He dug that hole well over 10 years ago. We'll see if he tried to fill that hole with government equipment and services. At the very least, his political career is done and over with. (Which may be a good thing considering how horrible a governor he was....)

The impending divorce is far from the end of Arnold's troubles.

The bad TV show ideas being cancelled...? That's just a side benefit of the circus.

I do feel bad for the kids on both sides...