Rise of the Guardians

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Rise of the Guardians

Post by laughingoctopus » December 17th, 2011, 1:28 am

No, it isn't a sequel to the stupid (but incredibly well-animated) 2010 film Legend of the Guardians. It's a CGI Dreamworks comedy released on November 21st, 2012. It's about The tooth fairy, easter bunny, Santa and others, teaming up to fight Pitch, the embodiment of nightmares. Check out the first character teaser poster with Santa below.

Last edited by laughingoctopus on December 21st, 2011, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » December 17th, 2011, 8:24 am

Saw this on their facebook page yesterday.Sounds interesting. Should the post be moved here instead? Although it is a different name. http://animatedviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3737
http://www.elioliart.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » December 17th, 2011, 2:22 pm

No. As I said at the beginning of my post, it is in no way related to "Legend of the Guardians".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Rise of the Guardians

Post by ShyViolet » December 17th, 2011, 8:07 pm

Cool! I like the tagline a lot. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » December 18th, 2011, 12:05 pm

Pfftt.my bad. I got confused. I do remember it having a few different titles before hand though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by The Zany Bishojo Evalana » December 21st, 2011, 4:01 pm

laughingoctopus wrote: It's about The tooth fairy, easter bunny, Santa and others, teaming up to fight... something. I looked around the internet, and nothing explained the plot all that well.
It's based on a series of books, though only the first is out right now, so judging from that one (which was pretty good, btw), I'd say that they're facing Pitch, the embodiment of nightmares.
[url=http://rabbithutchiscalling.blogspot.com][img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/evalana/sig_feet.png[/img][/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » December 21st, 2011, 4:47 pm

Thanks. I added that to my post.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 22nd, 2011, 4:36 am

Darn it...still need to see the original Guardians film and its sequel, The Dark Guardians, before I see Rise... ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 28th, 2012, 3:34 pm

This actualy looks...really, really good. DreamWorks just might have something special here.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » March 28th, 2012, 5:38 pm

Awww where is Jack Frost?? Story looks good, still unsure of the character design. Especially Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ELIOLI » March 28th, 2012, 6:05 pm

I don't know what's bothering people about the designs. I think we are used to seeing wide eyed extreme forms,but to each his own. I personally take a liking to them. This looks really good!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 29th, 2012, 8:28 am

This movie looks awesome as hell. Love the unconventional designs of all the fable creatures. Curious why they didn't show Jack Frost in the trailer, but he must have a minor role or gets killed early or something.

But yeah it looks awesome. The tooth fairy having this humming bird motif as opposed to the usual big puffy pink dress and wings and wand is really cool. And the australian easter bunny owns. And the russian santa having "naughty & nice" tattoos. Can't wait for this!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » March 29th, 2012, 8:47 am

Really am pumped for this...the voice acting epsecially seems strong here (major kudos to Alec Baldwin for his russian Santa) The imagination in the characters and story is also awesome and shows so much imagination it's a bit frighteneing. I think DreamWorks has a major winner here!
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » March 29th, 2012, 12:12 pm

Looks good. Pulitzer Prize-winner David Lindsay-Abaire is writing, which gives it a major advantage. I love the unconventional character designs also. This is one movie I think would truly benefit from 3D, just from the trailer alone. It has so much color and fun and imagination.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 31st, 2012, 10:10 am

Seeing the trailer, I now have great hope for the film. I love the Russian, sword-wielding Santa, who somehow reminded me of Captain Nemo (the actual book version). And the Easter Bunny sounds Australian--- nice touch. The darker feel of the trailer suits me better than the poster posted above.