Animated Movies for 2012

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Animated Movies for 2012

Post by ShyViolet » January 4th, 2012, 4:27 pm

Cartoon Brew preview: lots of good stuff coming this year: (They forgot to list The Croods though)

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/previ ... tures.html

EDIT: Apologies, it's for 2013. :oops:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Animated Movies for 2012

Post by starlioness » January 4th, 2012, 5:29 pm

so seeing brave.. I'm wondering if Mad 3 or Ice age 4 will make the most at the box office.. Frankenweenie looks good too. Norm looks cute and Ribbit erm.. interesting..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » January 4th, 2012, 5:33 pm

Ribbit's plot is almost exactly like Rango's. A frog with an indentity crisis, Ribbit. A lizard with an identity crisis, Rango. And they're both CGI amphibians. This is sad.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » January 4th, 2012, 7:35 pm

Uh, that's usually the case with foreign (ie. Malaysian) entries that may never see the light of US theaters, and skip directly to streaming Netflix with the usual two-day celebrity voices.
At least "Escape from Planet Earth" still has a Doogal-esque Weinstein label.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Re:

Post by laughingoctopus » January 4th, 2012, 7:50 pm

Obviously this will see the light of US theaters at some point, as it wouldn't be on this list if it wasn't planned be released here. Everything else I agree with, this movie reminds me of Sammy's Great Adventure or whatever it's called, which is a direct-to-DVD Walmart exclusive that is completely awful. The main character even looks somewhat alike.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » January 6th, 2012, 8:48 pm

yeah, not sure about Ribbit. with Princess and the Frog being Fresh in people's minds.. at least Norm looks cute.. and two Pirate type movies this year.. hmm..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » January 6th, 2012, 10:47 pm

starlioness wrote:Norm looks cute.. and two Pirate type movies this year.. hmm..
They've already been showing the Pirates: Misfits trailer in our theater for a few months now, and it definitely looks like funny "Flushed Away II" non-Nick-Park Aardman territory.
And the other... :?:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » January 7th, 2012, 3:46 pm

The other is Ice Age 4 which apparently has Manny and Co coming face to face with pirates (if you had bothered to check the link this was obvious). Having read that about Ice Age 4 I really am extremely hesitate to even watch it now. I thought Meltdown had a ridiculous plot, this is now just scraping the bottom of the barrell of bad ideas. ANd hopefully there will be no Ice Age 5.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 7th, 2012, 8:01 pm

I am sorry, but that just sounds like s***! :roll:

At the rate they are running through evolution, Ice Age 6 will see them thawed out in modern day New York where they must enlist the help of a singing princess and little blue creatures that are three apples tall in order to escape a mad professor intent on capturing this band of apparently extinct animals.

Horrifically, I can see the poster tag now: "From Extinct To Distinct!" :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » January 8th, 2012, 5:49 am

The pirates are other mammals of the era, but that doesn't make it any better really.

Cause it's late where I am, what is the movie that involves the mad professor?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 8th, 2012, 8:53 am

Ice Age 6. They would have to bring SOMEthing half-original to the plot!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » January 8th, 2012, 10:56 am

And the scientist is voiced by....Ryan Gosling, mayhaps!
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by starlioness » January 11th, 2012, 2:17 pm

Ben wrote:I am sorry, but that just sounds like s***! :roll:

At the rate they are running through evolution, Ice Age 6 will see them thawed out in modern day New York where they must enlist the help of a singing princess and little blue creatures that are three apples tall in order to escape a mad professor intent on capturing this band of apparently extinct animals.

Horrifically, I can see the poster tag now: "From Extinct To Distinct!" :(

you know, I originally thought Ice age 4 would have the Sub-Zero heros in the present.. guess I t was just a rumor. still manny's herd facing pirate animals is better than that.

I can't help but think of an Ice age movie with Rapunzel, the Smurfs ( not as tall as three apples but still), and maybe Jumba from Lilo and stitch in this movie.. LOL.. :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 11th, 2012, 6:23 pm

Depends on the size of apple, I guess! ;)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » January 11th, 2012, 11:38 pm

They'll keep doing sequels to films as long as they make enough money to justify them.

I don't like sequels and remakes but it's a fact of life in the movie biz. The unfortunate part is that the reality of these movies being remakes of their predecessors instead of moving stories and characters forward is blatantly obvious to those of us who didn't sleep through English and Lit classes.

Not disappointed to miss Ice Age 2-6. Seems like Ice Age 1 was enough!

Same goes for Shreks 3-4, Cars 2, and Toy Story 3.

The same way that direct-to-video sequels "devalued" the Disney film library for a while and made Disney look both cheap and cheesy, these sequels aren't doing much to make any company look innovative.

If anything, they look desperate and there's no risk-taking.

In some sense, as long as their films cost well over $100 million to make and market, they can't take risks and do anything new. They can't afford too many failures!

If only they were run smarter with lower budgets, fewer high-salary execs (who don't understand animation and don't know what they're doing), professional voice actors instead of celebrities, and smaller crews until they needed a full production crew. That'd be too obvious, though. Just like not rushing films into production until they actually had the stories nailed down...!

That and the fact that they could probably still make decent films for a third of what's being spent now.

It's insane and a wonder that these companies are all still in business...