The Looney Tunes Show (CN)

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Looney Tunes Show (CN)

Post by estefan » February 19th, 2012, 9:40 pm

I have to saw the show has definitely improved since that dreadful first episode and it's got slightly funnier and more "looney." However, most of it still feels like they've taken discarded sitcom scripts and planted Bugs and Daffy in them.

The most interesting reaction to this show has been the divide regarding Lola Bunny. Half of the viewers seem to love her change to a stalking dumb-bell (like myself, as it's closer to the classic Looney Tunes, when they were all bastards out to get each other), while the other half hate the change from her "Space Jam" model.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 20th, 2012, 4:07 am

Personally, I was underwhelmed from the beginning with Lola Bunny's characterization in Space Jam -- which I found rather 'one-note', and kinda boring .. especially when compared with the excellent manic personalit(ies!) exhibited by Tiny Toon Adventures' Babs Bunny, by whom the character was ostensibly inspired.

By contrast, I've found the LTS Lola Bunny to be among -the- most consistently-entertaining aspects of the show .. even if her 'stalker-ish-ness' can seem uncomfortably creepy, at times. But it's her 'ADD'-led ramblings (and low-mumbled 'asides') that I really enjoy. :lol:

Speaking of which ..

Lola urges you to "CELEBRATE!", today:

:mrgreen:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » February 23rd, 2012, 7:24 pm

While I was fine with Lola in Space Jam, she has indeed become much more entertaining in LTS. Props to the writers for taking a gamble because there were hardcore Lola fans out there who did not like the idea of changing her and yet making it work. Props also to Kristen Wiig, who's been fabulous voicing the character.